• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Mayan vs. Grand Bliss

musictom

TUG Member
Reaction score
So ... lowly Mayan Palace owner here :)

We're headed to NV in about 2 weeks. I just found out that they've moved us into the Grand Bliss building, evidently due to Covid-19. We've stayed in the Grand Mayan before, but that's as high as we've gotten.

For those who've been, is there much difference? From the videos I've seen, there doesn't seem to be much of a bump from GM to GB. Just curious.

Thanks.

BTW, if they offer to move us to Grand Luxxe for an owner's update, I might be tempted to break my promise of no more updates. ;)

TheHappyWanderer

TUG Member
Reaction score
I liked Grand Bliss NV much better than Grand Mayan NV when we stayed at them in consecutive weeks a couple years ago. G.B. had better furnishings, and was just nicer overall. It definitely felt like an upgrade from G.M.

Two other things that may or may not have been random was that the wifi was much worse at Grand Mayan and there was a broken toilet in one of the G.M. bathrooms that took 2 days and multiple maintenance people to fix.

zentraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
I have been a few times to the Vidanta NV property with most stays at the Grand Luxxe, one brief one at the Grand Mayan, and a "tour" (sigh, never again) with a lot of time in Grand Bilss. I would be happy with your "bump". The GB is smaller, closer to the GL (no idea what that means in covid) and an overall better property from what I could tell. GM is really large, the unit we had overlooked a huge parking garage, is farthest from the GL, and seemed ver oriented to families who want the pools and those amenities.

That said, the restaurants on the overall property are spread around and seemed to me to be about the same quality range in each resort and the shuttle will take you anywhere. But I would be happier with a GM -->GB switch than the other way around unless this was a family centered trip.

musictom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies thus far!
The only thing my wife isn't thrilled with is that we're farther from the lazy river.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Grand Bliss has a much nicer deck! The big lounge chair is quite comfy. There are two of the Mayan Palace refrigerators under the island (one for food and one for beverages) and a nice storage area in the kitchen. The walk to the GM pool is not very far and it is next door the MP building with the grocery & Taco Break.

1600871630442.png

1600871865940.png

rpennisi

Reaction score
I agree, the bump to the GB from the GM is a good one. When the road to SG was open, the GM location was a bonus, but that "escape" route is closed. The one point I would make is if the GM was ocean facing vs the GB facing the Santuario, then I would opt for the GM. The pounding bass sounds from Santuario go on until late at night, very frustrating.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
So ... lowly Mayan Palace owner here :)

We're headed to NV in about 2 weeks. I just found out that they've moved us into the Grand Bliss building, evidently due to Covid .....
BTW, if they offer to move us to Grand Luxxe for an owner's update, I might be tempted to break my promise of no more updates. ;)

Grand Bliss NV is closer to- pain au chocolat bakery & frozen yougurt kiosk at La Plaza
This alone is a reason to like GB over GM. FYI - Grand Luxxe is further away as well

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
I agree, the bump to the GB from the GM is a good one. When the road to SG was open, the GM location was a bonus, but that "escape" route is closed. The one point I would make is if the GM was ocean facing vs the GB facing the Santuario, then I would opt for the GM. The pounding bass sounds from Santuario go on until late at night, very frustrating.
Where is closed the road to SG, is it when you try to cross the SG?

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
This is Google Earth photo from 2013. You walked out of the main GM lobby and turned left. walked past the area where all the Mayan World workers come in and out and up to the Sea Garden. There was a small guard hut and you just showed them your wristband.

1600969005452.jpeg

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Now you can escape from Vidanta by going down to the beach, heading north and walking through the Sea Garden pool area and lobby. It's a slightly longer walk and through the sand, but quite manageable - there's an OXXO store just down the street from the Sea Garden and a small market that runs on Saturday mornings.

rpennisi

Reaction score
IMG_4881.jpeg
IMG_4882.jpeg
IMG_4882.jpegIMG_4881.jpegTrue, and before that cars and electric Vidanta carts would drive you to Sea Garden along that road. The permanent wall goes up Jan 2014.
This is Google Earth photo from 2013. You walked out of the main GM lobby and turned left. walked past the area where all the Mayan World workers come in and out and up to the Sea Garden. There was a small guard hut and you just showed them your wristband.

View attachment 26919

zentraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
Now you can escape from Vidanta by going down to the beach, heading north and walking through the Sea Garden pool area and lobby. It's a slightly longer walk and through the sand, but quite manageable - there's an OXXO store just down the street from the Sea Garden and a small market that runs on Saturday mornings.

We have done this (which was our only option when we were there in 2018). Quite doable, and through the sand, but gets you off the property. There are also some restaurants and a pharmacy that seems to sell all manor of medications that would be prescriptions here!

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
This is the way that I know, but in the afternoon the sun and sand are very hot.