• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Mayan Timeshare Sale Advice

DogMusher

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with selling a Grand Mayan timeshare. I understand there are some different rules for sales in Mexico.

Thanks so much ahead of time!

Nancy

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Best if you have a copy of your contract and take a good look at what it says. @pittle has posted a history of the different restrictions and costs for transferring Vidanta contracts at the Grand Mayan level before and might be able to help out if you can't locate it readily but remember when you bought it. The transfer can be done with a closing company if you contact Vidanta Member Services to get the proper forms. Cost should be specified in the contract.

You might get more attention from folks familiar with Vidanta posting in the Mexican Timesharing forum. Otherwise the general advice for TS sales applies.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
I sent you a PM. Do not expect to recoup any money. I bought several on eBay over the years for around 10% of the first one we purchased from them. That 10% included the closing and transfer fees.

VanX

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue Bay Getaway
I sent you a PM. Do not expect to recoup any money. I bought several on eBay over the years for around 10% of the first one we purchased from them. That 10% included the closing and transfer fees.

Hi ,

I see these Grand Mayan are sometimes listed as affiliated / part of the Registry Collection.

Do they exchange at all into RCI’s registry collection? If yes, is there much exchange value for them?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Hi ,

I see these Grand Mayan are sometimes listed as affiliated / part of the Registry Collection.

Do they exchange at all into RCI’s registry collection? If yes, is there much exchange value for them?

They do trade in Registry, mostly as bulk deposits. I'm not sure if you can get a Registry account with a resale contract; if you're interested in that you should probably contact Registry first. Vidanta resorts are on the weeks side of Registry. I posted the details on how they work there in this thread:

You can find the exchange value for Grand Mayan at the link below by scrolling down to the Ts - for "The Grand Mayan." N.B., you won't be depositing a holiday week as these don't exist as fixed week contracts - you'd just get credit for whatever Vidanta wants to give you credit for, which will be a shoulder or low season week.

There are better resorts to use for trading in Registry. I've heard good things about Montecristo Estates, which trades on the points side and gives enough points per week to book multiple weeks but has fairly high MFs and comes as 1/2 month intervals. The Wyndham Grand going in on Ambergris Caye in Belize trades on the weeks side and is supposed to get 1 for 1 weeks for better resorts and 2 for 1 for 3 star and below ones (whatever that means); MFs there are lower.

VanX

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue Bay Getaway
They do trade in Registry, mostly as bulk deposits. I'm not sure if you can get a Registry account with a resale contract; if you're interested in that you should probably contact Registry first. Vidanta resorts are on the weeks side of Registry. I posted the details on how they work there in this thread:

You can find the exchange value for Grand Mayan at the link below by scrolling down to the Ts - for "The Grand Mayan." N.B., you won't be depositing a holiday week as these don't exist as fixed week contracts - you'd just get credit for whatever Vidanta wants to give you credit for, which will be a shoulder or low season week.

There are better resorts to use for trading in Registry. I've heard good things about Montecristo Estates, which trades on the points side and gives enough points per week to book multiple weeks but has fairly high MFs and comes as 1/2 month intervals. The Wyndham Grand going in on Ambergris Caye in Belize trades on the weeks side and is supposed to get 1 for 1 weeks for better resorts and 2 for 1 for 3 star and below ones (whatever that means); MFs there are lower.
Great feedback thanks