• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Mayan NV and a Rental Car

nyparadigm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

We'll be in the GM NV on an RCI exchange during Holy Week. We know PV and the surrounding area and would like to take several day trips. We also are comfortable driving in Mexico. We did the same last year at the GM Riviera Maya and it worked out just fine.

Can anyone tell us about the parking at GM NV and any fees or other issues that might be associated with a car at this resort?

Thanks for the help.

Chris

richontug

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We were there earlier this month.
The only hotel parking is valet parking for 320 pesos/week.
I guess you could find parking on an adjacent street but it is often unavailable and would not recommend it.

Rich

nyparadigm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. It sounds like somewhere between 0 and $25 us. I can live with that.

Chris

PStreet1

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
There is a Grand Mayan "in town;" I'm assuming that's where the parking charge was. The Grand Mayan in N. V. is in the middle of huge grounds with it's other complexes: Palace, Sea Gardens, etc. There are no adjacent streets, and you pretty much have to drive to get there. I'd be surprised at a parking fee----but things change, so who knows?

richontug

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The adjacent street I am referring to is the road out of the resort past the SunMarket. You can walk to restaurants and marina past Sea Garden.

Rich

curtbrown

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're been owners at the GM (now Grand Luxxe owners) and there has been a charge for valet parking for the past 5 years we've been going to NV.

We've rented cars every year and it was nice to be able to make the side trips up to Sayulita or San Pancho. However, we were there for two weeks this last December and it will be our last year renting a car. It's recently gotten very expensive when you figure in the car rental, liability insurance, credit card exchange rates, parking fees and the tips to the valet when they bring your car. To top it off, we were shaken down by the PV Police. I ended up calling their bluff by telling them to go ahead and write the ticket and they backed down. They were near the airport pulling over every rental car full of Gringos. It was right before Christmas and I guess the officers needed a little extra holiday money.

Since we don't need to do any more exploring we'll put the money toward cab fare to Bucerias and even a couple of trips to PV during our next stay. Much more economical.

Curt

mikenk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Villa
We never rent cars for all the reasons Curt mentioned; we also don't have a problem just grabbing a taxi when we need; they are plentiful, reasonable, and drama free.

- round trip fares to PV is 30 bucks; Bucerias - $20-25; Nuevo restaurants: $6.

There is also a Thrifty on site if one wanted to rent one for a longer day excursion.

Mike

nyparadigm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just a followup -

We paid the 320 mn peso ($26 USD) for weekly valet parking. It worked out fantastically.

We would call the valet as we were leaving the room and it would be waiting for us when we reached the lobby. Every time. Much more convenient than, say, the parking at GM Riviera Maya, which was a solid 10+ minute walk from our unit.

Chris