• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Luxxe Residence Lofts

RussellSun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where the two-level 1 bedroom Grand Luxxe Residence Lofts will be built in the future? Right now, Vidanta only has them in Tower 5A in Nuevo Vallarta. Tower 5B will have two-level 2 and 3 bedroom lofts only. I have heard in Riviera Maya they are building two-level 2 and 3 bedroom Grand Luxxe Residence Lofts right now.

The Grand Luxxe Studio Lofts are sometimes called one bedroom lofts but these are not really one bedrooms because they are one bog room and they are all on one level. Also, they are not part of the "Residence" collection.

In Riviera Maya, there are building Grand Luxxe two-level 1 bedroom Jungle Lofts but owners of two-level 1 bedroom Grand Luxxe Residence Lofts do not qualify to stay in these because they are a different category. I was told we do not qualify to stay in these 1 bedroom lofts.

So I am wondering where else I would qualify to stay in the future since there are no other two-level 1 bedroom Grand Luxxe Residence Lofts now or planned in the future that I know of.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Right now, the only Grand Luxxe units are in NV and RM. I think they are planning to build some in Acapulco, but they are fairly landlocked there. They built a huge new lazy river in front of the Grand Mayan buildings and finished the huge tower for MP units a few years ago. There is just a small space to build something else. At one time, I was told the space where the 2 buildings that housed only 1-bedroom units was would be Grand Bliss units, but I think that changed and maybe they will build some GL units. Who knows - plans change all the time. They are concentrating on NV right now because of the big Cirque park.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
When I was in NV in September, I was told that the top 2 floors of building 5B would be 1 BR lofts and the remainder of the building would be the studio lofts, matching the configuration of building 5A. 5B was about 3/4 complete and it looked to me like the spacing between the walls matched that of 5A, so I believe what they told me was right; it also matched the number of penthouse loft units they said were going in. The spacing looked like it would not support 2BR or 3BR lofts because they are a bit wider, unless they changed the layout. Also, the floors below the top 2 did not seem to have 2-level openings to accommodate loft units other than the studio loft ones. It made sense to me as a business decision for them since there is supposed to be an access from building 5 to the Cirque park; a building predominantly made up of studio or hotel type units would probably be a better approach than a building with a lower occupancy capacity for that.

The Vidanta web site used to have the floor plans for the RM Jungle Luxxe (and the rest of the available units) available on it; since they changed the site it doesn't seem to be there anymore. Those units appeared to be single floor units rather than 2 story ones. I haven't heard about Jungle Loft units prior to this thread, but will be going down there in the spring and will have to check it out. It might make sense for them to build them if they are putting in new buildings, but prior posts on the subject have said the Jungle units are re-purposed existing buildings that were originally supposed to have been either Mayan Palace or Bliss units and the GL units going in there are designed as a 1BR suite using the existing footprint of what was intended to be a 2 BR suite in the lower Vidanta membership tiers. No mention of Jungle Lofts under either "Grand Luxxe" or "The Residence." ("The Residence" is the name they are using in both NV and RM for the 2-story loft units and the 4BR suites. The site shows NV as having the only 1 BR 2-story loft units, which I've been referring to on TUG as penthouse lofts because of their location on the top floors of building 5.)

RussellSun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I was told by GL Sales in NV that if you own a PH two-level 1-bedroom "Residence Loft", you will not have exchange privileges for the new two-level 1 bedroom "Jungle Lofts" in RM (they are being built in Riviera Maya but I am not sure where they will be located) or the 1 and 2 bedrooms in the Presidential building. You only get sister exchange privileges for specifically what is listed in the folio plus the 2 bedroom spa suites (but you must get the spa suites added as a contract addendum). Tower 5B will have 2 and 3 bedroom PH lofts and regular units below (not studio lofts), no pool on top. At present, there are no plans to build additional Residence two-level 1-bedroom lofts. Of course, that could change but Vidanta has not released any information that I can find. It is very important that you get the exact name of the units for your sister exchange privileges in your contract because Vidanta is introducing new units with different names as a way to get upgrades. If the name of your unit and the sister exchanges in your contract are different, you will not be entitled to book those rooms. Very sneaky!

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Unfortunately, I was told by GL Sales in NV that if you own a PH two-level 1-bedroom "Residence Loft", you will not have exchange privileges for the new two-level 1 bedroom "Jungle Lofts" in RM (they are being built in Riviera Maya but I am not sure where they will be located) or the 1 and 2 bedrooms in the Presidential building. You only get sister exchange privileges for specifically what is listed in the folio plus the 2 bedroom spa suites (but you must get the spa suites added as a contract addendum). Tower 5B will have 2 and 3 bedroom PH lofts and regular units below (not studio lofts), no pool on top. At present, there are no plans to build additional Residence two-level 1-bedroom lofts. Of course, that could change but Vidanta has not released any information that I can find. It is very important that you get the exact name of the units for your sister exchange privileges in your contract because Vidanta is introducing new units with different names as a way to get upgrades. If the name of your unit and the sister exchanges in your contract are different, you will not be entitled to book those rooms. Very sneaky!

Dear RussellSun ,
I suggest at you (fully read your contract and) contact Member Services in Nuevo Vallarta if you have questions .
Member Services IS NOT SALES and they do try to make sure owners are happy about what they bought / based on the written contract .

There may also be addendum "clarifications" that could be added so that options can exist when you are trying to book a stay .

There are examples in prior TUG posts of success using Member Services .
It is one of their functions .

Last edited: