• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
We are considering a September trip to Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta. Are exchangers allowed to use all the pools and amenities at Grand Luxe Nuevo Vallarta?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
There aren’t any restrictions in general for exchangers in using the pools in NV, although there are some limitations that are applicable to both owners and exchangers. My understanding is that you can’t use the rooftop pools in the residence building or building 5 unless you are staying in that building. Also, there are some areas that are set aside for platinum owners by the pools, though it’s not an obnoxious amount of space. Those restrictions aren’t specific to exchangers, but apply to owners staying there as well. I don’t know of any other amenity restrictions there.

September is a pretty quiet time down there, so you shouldn’t have any problems. We’ll be down at the end of the month.

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Spa use is also less restrictive in NV (compared to RM). Exchangers can use the spa amenities as long as you call and get a reservation (no charge)...unless things changed since Sep 17.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Why do you think NV is less restrictive than RM? I thought NV was their flagship product.

lauramiddl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the addition of the Jungle Luxxe units are the problem in Riviera Maya. Once the Lazy River area opens up, there will be less pressure on the Luxxe pool and beach area but right now it's too many people for that small area. My understanding is that grand bliss exchangers can't use the Grand Bliss beach club either because of all the crowd from the Jungle Luxxe units

somewhere I read that it won't be any sooner than winter 2019 for the Lazy River to open, but once it does, Jungle Luxxe guests will be able to walk out their doors and take a few steps to be at lounge chairs and pools. A bar and restaurant are supposed to be there too Maybe then exchangers will be welcomed back into the luxxe pool area

Zinjanthropus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Myan Palace, Orange lake Country Club
The RM Beach Club, which is the Luxxe/GBliss pool area is very nice, but the B.A.P. (Big A$$ Pool) is very nice and easy to find a secluded area to enjoy. IMHO, even better, is the under used Mayan Palace pool..."The Sanctuary" which is between the Tramonto/Gong/store complex and the Blue fish restaurant.. That area only had a few people all week on both trips we took to RM. There are many secluded places and it's very lovely if you don't need to see the ocean while in the pool. The thing we noticed is most people either go to the B.A.P. , the pool overlooking the Lagoon, or the swanky new Beach Club.