• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta exchange

AKC3333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Desert Springs Villas I
If I get a 2bdr at Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta through II exchange, which room do I get? Where is it located in the resort?

Also, do I have access to the entire resort as an II exchanger?

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Room assignments are handled via the sales team. As an exchanger, you're "lower" on the totem pole than actual owners. However, with the resort possibly still at 50% capacity, you may get a really good room. I think there's 6 Grand Luxxe buildings? You can go on their website and look at the map.

Yes, you will have access to all things Grand Luxxe, although I'm not sure about the Spa Tower rooftop pools (I can't recall if those are at RM or NV or both).

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
This is a Google Earth Shot before Beachland and the Estates Pool - dirt area off the beach. were built. Building 6 is not showing up here either.
You will most likely get Building 2 or 3. It is my understanding that you have to be in Building 5 to use the rooftop pool. I am not sure if exchangers get to use it. The rules change often.

1629301222942.jpeg

AKC3333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Desert Springs Villas I
Bldg 5 is terrible.

Has anyone stayed here? I am on my last e-trade exchange, so I need to make sure. I am aware of the resort fee, but this place looks really nice and not a long flight from Cali.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I've stayed in a GL suite in building 5B when they first opened that portion of the tower. What unit type is it that you are looking at and how do you know that it is in building 5? 5B has GL suites and villas on the lower floors (1-7) and 2 and 3 BR lofts on the 8th floor; 5A has studio lofts on the lower floors (1-7) and 1 BR lofts on the 8th floor. There is another portion of tower 5 that includes the GL Suite Royale 1 and 2 BR units, but I don't believe they trade in II - those units are a bit smaller.

There were some issues with the room we had - the furnishings weren't done terribly well (e.g., curtains were about 6" too short in one BR). There was also some construction going on directly adjacent to the building; we actually enjoyed watching the heavy machinery doing the grading, etc. On the plus side, staying in tower 5 you should be able to use the rooftop pool and it's convenient to the GL spa; on the minus side it's a bit far away from the rest of the resort, though there is a good restaurant on the roof. We've also stayed in one of the 1 BR loft units in that building. We'd stay in either again - the rooms were as nice as elsewhere aside from the initial issues and we like to walk around anyway.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bldg 5 is terrible.

Has anyone stayed here? I am on my last e-trade exchange, so I need to make sure. I am aware of the resort fee, but this place looks really nice and not a long flight from Cali.

We were there a few months ago in June. I was in Building 2 this time in a 1 BR unit. Very nice view I thought I think we were on 7th floor. Close to La Plaza (I thought).

I think many moons ago I was in building 4 or 5 while they were still doing construction so I had a nice view of the construction pit on floor 2.

AKC3333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Desert Springs Villas I
$950 for resort fee - can we sit through their sales pitch and possibly lower that and get some more upgrades/perks?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
$950 for resort fee - can we sit through their sales pitch and possibly lower that and get some more upgrades/perks?

Yeah, 50% credit back to your folio.

Yes - that is how it works.

When you check out the $475'would be applied against your bill
So make sure you charge more than that to your room number

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score

Yes, they now give you a sheet at check-in with everything you'll get and it "kicks in" immediately even if your presentation isn't for a few more days. Or so they claimed.

TheHappyWanderer

TUG Member
Reaction score
We exchanged into building 5 in 2019, and thought it was very nice. We were able to use the rooftop pool. You are not allowed to use the rooftop pool if you are not staying in building 5.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
We exchanged into building 5 in 2019, and thought it was very nice. We were able to use the rooftop pool. You are not allowed to use the rooftop pool if you are not staying in building 5.

Going only by recent reviews online, and some observations (we didn't stay in GL), it looks like shuttle services were drastically scaled back. That's something to consider given the distance of 5 from anything.

TheHappyWanderer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Going only by recent reviews online, and some observations (we didn't stay in GL), it looks like shuttle services were drastically scaled back. That's something to consider given the distance of 5 from anything.

I probably didn't notice since I walk alot and hate waiting for the shuttle even if it's only a couple minutes away, but it could be an issue especially if its hot out.

And we do use alot of room service since its a relatively good deal at Vidanta compared to most hotels. As a result we weren't constantly going to restaurants which could be inconvenient for alot of people.

On the plus side it was very nice to have the pool right there.

AKC3333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Desert Springs Villas I
How bad is this presentation as I am seeing members here say so? I have never been to any timeshare presentation before for reference.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
How bad is this presentation as I am seeing members here say so? I have never been to any timeshare presentation before for reference.

The breakfast is great / the 90 ++ minutes in the sales room can be intense.
As an existing Mayan Palace owner - I am good for one about every 4 years.
The pressure on us is to upgrade - which we have no plans to do.

as a non owner you will also get the multiple exit package teams and trade in pitches.

-if you survive the first one by Vida Sales - you could consider it an inoculation against all future TS presentations.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents

If you go through the presentation, always keep in mind how easy it was for you to exchange in there and how much availability you see in the exchanges. With the exception of January-April, Vidanta is a pretty simple place to exchange into and is much less expensive going that way even for owners in the off season. There can be a few less perks on an exchange, of course, but you have to make your own value judgements.

As far as how bad they can be, it's not that it's bad, but instead they are quite persistent and everyone you see there will be focused on getting you to buy something. They will not respect the 90 minute limit, which starts after the breakfast and tour are done. One former Vidanta salesman I know used to point out to the prospects when it became evident to him that they weren't buying that there was nothing he could do if they just got up and walked away after the 90 minutes; they would already have the benefits for attending coded in their folio. That's in large part why he no longer works there, but is a good thing to keep in mind.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
My trip is coming up in 2 months. Has anyone travelled to Grand Luxxe NV lately? Are they still offering the discount off the resort fee by attending the sales meeting?

On my II reservation paperwork, I have the 2 bed/2 bath, it says MSUITE...Is this my room?
https://www.vidanta.com/en/web/nuevo-vallarta/grand-luxxe-two-bedroom-suite
Yes. Look at the floor plan and you will see that it is nice and had 2-1/2 baths and a very nice deck.

We have been owners since 1999 at various levels. We have only attend 4 "informational" aka upgrade to a higher level meetings - or buy if you are "fresh meat" ones. We went twice with the intention of upgrading, and last yearjust to see what they would try to upsell us too. We ddid not learn anything new about the resorts and did not give them anymore money. We will not attend the informational meetings ever again. IWe are at the G: Master Suite level and have no plans to change, so it is not worth the hassle.

We might if we had paid $950 and could get $475 back, but since we are owners, that is not necessary. We have only exchanged in when there were no fees higher than $75. Then it was super easy to say no thank you, we want to spend 4 hours somewhere else.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't save the sheet of paper they gave us, but last year in June, the NV location had everything spelled out (in writing) of what you'd get if you attended the presentation and the "benefit" was that you'd get those items on Day 1 (ie, date of arrival) even if your presentation was later in the week. I honestly do not recall there being an exchange resort fee credit on that sheet, but we were in via SFX ($75 back then). AFAIK, the Interval pre-pay resort fee credit is something direct through Vidanta that they send you (email) or call you around 4 weeks prior to arrival. If you get the email it's worded like your reservation will be cancelled if you don't pre-pay.

Just keep in mind that the pre-pay is NON-REFUNDABLE. So either increase your travel insurance coverage (if needed) to compensate, or keep that in mind.

zentraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
The breakfast is great / the 90 ++ minutes in the sales room can be intense.

Intense is certainly one word for it. Our experience with their "90 minute" sales presentation was so horrible that I will never do one again (and we have been to these before at various resorts). We should have just walked out at 90 minute - no matter what they said. Just know that you will get a very high pressured sales talk and that 90 minutes means absolutely nothing.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We should have just walked out at 90 minute - no matter what they said. Just know that you will get a very high pressured sales talk and that 90 minutes means absolutely nothing.

An acquaintance of ours who is a former Vidanta salesman told us that when he had customers that he knew weren't going to buy from him, he would mention that if they just got up and walked out after 90 minutes there wasn't anything he could do about it. It only took a couple of repeats for them to get the message. He and Vidanta parted ways because their interests were not aligned. Bottom line is that if you promised them 90 minutes of your time after the meal, that's all you really owe them and getting up and leaving is purely up to you. At that point you have earned whatever compensation they promised you and they will honor it.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Bldg 5 is terrible.

Has anyone stayed here? I am on my last e-trade exchange, so I need to make sure. I am aware of the resort fee, but this place lmooks really nice and not a long flight from Cali.

We were recently in building 5. Our two bedroom unit was really nice. Construction was not really happening on the building next to us because of the need to have the park open by November. Most of the workers were at the park. The roof top pool and restaurant is pretty nice. The food is excellent.

Our room was on the second floor and the view was to the north. I kind of like this for shade. I think the evening view on the south side might be screwed up by the golf course lights with rooms on a lower floor. The north view was nice in the evening but not what I usually go for. I like ocean views and that is kind of important to me so we don't plan on going back.

Bill

HenryT

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cypress Pt, Eastern Slope Inn, HRA, SBP, WSJ, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Veranda Beach Club, HGVC Hurricane House, Wyndham: Long Wharf, Royal Vista, & SeaWatch Plantation.
They pulled a fast one on me back in 2019. They told me they would take 50% off the mandatory fee if I attended the presentation but when I checked out at the end of my stay they said it was 50% off all my onsite purchases. I had very few onsite purchases. When I looked at my certificate it was unclear what the 50% was tied to so make sure they write down that the 50% off is towards the mandatory resort fee.

djyamyam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a reservation via SFX into the 2BR Grand Luxxe NV this year. It'll be DW going with a couple girlfriends. Is there a way to get one of the 2BR units that have two beds in the second bedroom? Also, is there anything that I need to do to ensure they only get charged the lower $150/week resort fee since it was booked prior to the Feb 8 fee increase?

zentraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
An acquaintance of ours who is a former Vidanta salesman told us that when he had customers that he knew weren't going to buy from him, he would mention that if they just got up and walked out after 90 minutes there wasn't anything he could do about it. It only took a couple of repeats for them to get the message. He and Vidanta parted ways because their interests were not aligned. Bottom line is that if you promised them 90 minutes of your time after the meal, that's all you really owe them and getting up and leaving is purely up to you. At that point you have earned whatever compensation they promised you and they will honor it.
We tried that and they acted like they were walking us to the check out point, but we just more high pressure sales. This just kept happening and neither of us is easily intimidated, but it was an exceedingly unpleasant experience.