• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Luxxe 1 Bed or Grand Bliss 2 Bed in MR Vidanta

kmille07

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Stormy Point Village
Hi! We are trying to decide between which property will best fit our needs. We are going for my husband's birthday in June. It will be 4 of us, me, my husband, and our 14 and 12 year old daughters. We can exchange via interval for either the Grand Luxxe 1 bedroom (jungle) or the Grand Bliss 2 Bedroom.

Any thoughts or advice? I keep reading that we won't be able to use the beach club since we aren't members of Vidanta. Should we do the 2 bedroom at Grand Bliss for more space or is the Grand Luxxe a lot nicer and the girls can sleep on the pull out.

Any advice welcomed! Thanks so much!

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Grand Luxxe jungle is not equivalent to the "real" Grand Luxxe, IMO. I think the kitchen is smaller and there's no deck/balcony? No plunge pool, AFAIK.

I'd take the 2 BR Grand Bliss if it were me. Bigger patio/deck and plunge pool.

Zinjanthropus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Myan Palace, Orange lake Country Club
Hi! We are trying to decide between which property will best fit our needs. We are going for my husband's birthday in June. It will be 4 of us, me, my husband, and our 14 and 12 year old daughters. We can exchange via interval for either the Grand Luxxe 1 bedroom (jungle) or the Grand Bliss 2 Bedroom.

Any thoughts or advice? I keep reading that we won't be able to use the beach club since we aren't members of Vidanta. Should we do the 2 bedroom at Grand Bliss for more space or is the Grand Luxxe a lot nicer and the girls can sleep on the pull out.

The Jungle has small balconies but the rooms are much more elegant. They also have a heavy wood sliding dividing wall that turns the living room into a bedroom. The dining area is much larger. You're getting just as large floor space with the Jungle as with the 2br GB.
Also the level you're staying might get you better access bracelets. Plus the fantastic new lazy river is just outside your building ( price? free? dunno)

rpennisi

Reaction score

I would go for the Grand Bliss two bedroom unit. The girls can have their own room, you and your husband more privacy, plus two bathrooms. Both are approximately the same distance to go to the pools and beach. The Jungle GM are repurposed Mayan Palace units. Never stayed in one, but I am sure they are nice, but not the same as the regular Grand Luxxe suites.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Jungle has small balconies but the rooms are much more elegant. They also have a heavy wood sliding dividing wall that turns the living room into a bedroom. The dining area is much larger. You're getting just as large floor space with the Jungle as with the 2br GB.
Also the level you're staying might get you better access bracelets. Plus the fantastic new lazy river is just outside your building ( price? free? dunno)

I don't believe the bracelets get you anything extra any longer at RM if you're exchanging. They implemented a restriction a few years ago that anyone NOT staying with an Owners week would not have full amenity access.

So Grand Luxxe (jungle or otherwise) using an Exchange/Bonus week will NOT have access to:
Grand Luxxe Pool
Beach Club
Burger Custom Made
Grand Luxxe Spa

With Grand Bliss, you're "only" losing out on the Beach Club (you can't access the above either)

Unless you are willing to endure a 4+ hour sales presentation.

Nuevo Vallarta doesn't have this restriction.

Zinjanthropus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I would go for the Grand Bliss two bedroom unit. The girls can have their own room, you and your husband more privacy, plus two bathrooms. Both are approximately the same distance to go to the pools and beach. The Jungle GM are repurposed Mayan Palace units. Never stayed in one, but I am sure they are nice, but not the same as the regular Grand Luxxe suites.
We stayed in Jungle. They do have two bathrooms. One is big, like a normal GL suite, the other is sink, toilet, shower, closet.

Last edited:

Zinjanthropus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't know if this link will work but the third photo shows the living room that can easily turn into a bedroom. It has it's own balcony and sliding privacy door. I think these are much larger than a MP unit. maybe they're 2 of a MP units combined?

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
I would go with the Grand Bliss. The girls would like having their own bedroom and bathroom & TV.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Would you also rec the 2 BR Grand Mayan over the 1BR Grande Luxxe Jungle? the There’s only a 1 BR at the Grand Bliss available. Is the Grand Mayan much of a difference?

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Yes - I would take the GM 2-bedroom. It will have the nice deck with the plunge pool.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Yes - I would take the GM 2-bedroom. It will have the nice deck with the plunge pool.
Thanks!
Btw- what size is the plunge pool? Someone told be it was a foot deep, like a kiddie pool.

simon63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAVC
We went in Agust 2019, I did´t get in, but I remember that my kids complain that it was a bit cold

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Thanks!
Btw- what size is the plunge pool? Someone told be it was a foot deep, like a kiddie pool.
Yes - it is 18-24 inches deep and not heated anymore. When they first built them, they were slightly heated. They used to call it a dipping pool, but stared calling it a plunge pool. Kids seem to love them if if cold and my adult children like to sit in them while watching the sunset when we have an oceanfront unit.

limitless

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Club
I don't believe the bracelets get you anything extra any longer at RM if you're exchanging. They implemented a restriction a few years ago that anyone NOT staying with an Owners week would not have full amenity access.

So Grand Luxxe (jungle or otherwise) using an Exchange/Bonus week will NOT have access to:
Grand Luxxe Pool
Beach Club
Burger Custom Made
Grand Luxxe Spa

With Grand Bliss, you're "only" losing out on the Beach Club (you can't access the above either)

Unless you are willing to endure a 4+ hour sales presentation.

Nuevo Vallarta doesn't have this restriction.
I stayed in RM at GL last month via SFX and I didn't have an issue accessing the beach club or GL pool.