• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Lodge at Peak 7

Deb from NC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We’re just back from a fabulous week at Grand Lodge at Peak 7 In Breckenridge, Colorado. Just an fyi for those thinking about trading in...they now charge $ 10 per day if you trade in through Interval. This is our fifth time (! ) trading into this resort, but the first time for this charge. Still worth it, but we didn’t know until we got there that they had instituted this. It also applies to their sister resorts, Grand Colorado and Grand Timber (all in Breckenridge). I’ll post a full review soon.

Last edited:

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resort fees are such a weird trend....I would think that the exchange companies would be all over this issue, but I guess not. Hmm....

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
You should complain that it wasn't disclosed in the confirmation. You might get your money back.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Is this a difficult resort to trade into? My Brother in law owns there and I've often thought it would be fun to go when they go.

Please let me know what your experience has been on trading in -- thank you!

Greg

Deb from NC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this a difficult resort to trade into? My Brother in law owns there and I've often thought it would be fun to go when they go.

Greg
There’s not a whole lot of availability in ski season, especially if you want something bigger than a studio. BUT, if you start looking about a year before you want to go, you can usually snag a 1 bedroom in ski season! ( it would probably be easier to trade into the rest of the year, but we always try to go in January or February)... we’ve traded into it 5 of the last 7 years and love it! We use a 2 bedroom early June week at Hilton Head to trade in...our Hilton Head resort is not a Marriott, so its fine, but nothing fancy. Good luck....it’s a fabulous place!

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Greg
I think this is a doable trade as long as you are ok with a 1 bedroom or studio. 2 bedrooms seem a bit tricky to land during ski season. I would put in an ongoing search.

I love the Grand Lodge on Peak 7....such a good location.

Gophesjo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Consider trading in to Gold Point, which is another Breckenridge Grand Vacations Resort that is across the valley up on the mountain on the East Side of Town. Summit County offers free transportation all over town, and there is a bus stop right at Gold Point that takes you to the transit center and the gondolas to get to the ski resort. I have not heard of a resort fee for traders in to Gold Point, and would be quite surprised if one is charged.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Resort fees are such a weird trend....I would think that the exchange companies would be all over this issue, but I guess not. Hmm....
It’s insanity. WTH is the point of buying timeshares if they are going to charge hotel resort fees. It’s a scam to rip us off more.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
We’re just back from a fabulous week at Grand Lodge at Peak 7 In Breckenridge, Colorado. Just an fyi for those thinking about trading in...they now charge $ 10 per day if you trade in through Interval. This is our fifth time (! ) trading into this resort, but the first time for this charge. Still worth it, but we didn’t know until we got there that they had instituted this. It also applies to their sister resorts, Grand Colorado and Grand Timber (all in Breckenridge). I’ll post a full review soon.
How long did it take for an exchange ? Was it hard to get a ski week?

Deb from NC

TUG Member
Reaction score
How long did it take for an exchange ? Was it hard to get a ski week?
I didn’t put in an ongoing search.....I just checked Interval every morning and was able to pick one up for an instant trade! I think I looked on line for a couple of weeks before I found a week. (Plus I was looking about a year in advance) We were pretty flexible about dates....we just wanted anytime in January or February and didn’t care about check in day...Friday, Saturday or Sunday were all OK for us. Also, we were happy with a one bedroom...I’ve never seen a 2 bedroom available on line. If you want to go ski season next year, and have more specific needs, I’d put in a request NOW!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I didn’t put in an ongoing search.....I just checked Interval every morning and was able to pick one up for an instant trade! I think I looked on line for a couple of weeks before I found a week. (Plus I was looking about a year in advance) We were pretty flexible about dates....we just wanted anytime in January or February and didn’t care about check in day...Friday, Saturday or Sunday were all OK for us. Also, we were happy with a one bedroom...I’ve never seen a 2 bedroom available on line. If you want to go ski season next year, and have more specific needs, I’d put in a request NOW!
Excellent! That’s a great lodge. I Love the pool right outside the lift. My only thing against it is it’s far from town but for ski in and out it’s amazing. I’ll def check it out

Deb from NC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Excellent! That’s a great lodge. I Love the pool right outside the lift. My only thing against it is it’s far from town but for ski in and out it’s amazing. I’ll def check it out
Just an FYI, you can take the gondola down to town until 5. After 5, the resort has a free shuttle that will take you down and pick you up. I’m a big fan of the resort...if we lived closer, I’d definitely buy a week there!

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Same, Deb. And also, we really should try to meet in person one of these days....and doesn't @shagnut live in Winston as well? And @Panina lives in NC, too...
Maybe we need to pick a Golden Corral somewhere on a random date and do what they do in Orlando, LOL!

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Same, Deb. And also, we really should try to meet in person one of these days....and doesn't @shagnut live in Winston as well? And @Panina lives in NC, too...
Maybe we need to pick a Golden Corral somewhere on a random date and do what they do in Orlando, LOL!
Good idea. In SC but that is close enough.

sandkastle4966

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would love to get that trade (I trade RCI) - Well worth the $70 for the week !

carpie99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you get a full 1 bedroom or the Suite 1 bedroom for an Interval Trade? I only see the suites ... I have stayed there twice in the suites (which are ok for what I used to trade) but the full 1 bedrooms look way nicer.

Deb from NC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you get a full 1 bedroom or the Suite 1 bedroom for an Interval Trade? I only see the suites ... I have stayed there twice in the suites (which are ok for what I used to trade) but the full 1 bedrooms look way nicer.
We had a full 1 bedroom...love the 1 bedroom because it has a big living room with a fireplace. If you check Interval every day you can often find a one bedroom....we already got one for January 31 next year!

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The 1 bedrooms are absolutely the way to go. This is a picture of my view over Thanksgiving in the 1 bedroom.

GP7.jpg

The 1 bedrooms are around 900-1000 square feet, and quite nice. When 1 bedrooms are sitting in inventory at either GP7, or GP8 they don't last long. Make sure to put in an OGS.

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just thought of one other detail that people may find useful:

I believe that all Saturday check-ins are of Building 1 and all Sunday check-ins are for Building 2. All things being equal, my preference would be to stay in Building One since it's a bit closer to the lift and aquatics center / game room / home theaters.

carpie99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Depending on when you got your booking the new resort fees are in the fine print in your interval confirmation. Here is mine from Grand Colorado 8 from today.

1581710746674.png

My Feb 2019 reservation for Grand Lodge at Peak 7 didn't have it (booked in Interval March 2018) in the fine print.

My Nov 2019 reservation for GP7 did have the fee in it but I was there November 10 - 17 so there was no fee.

1581711206584.png

Deb from NC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Depending on when you got your booking the new resort fees are in the fine print in your interval confirmation. Here is mine from Grand Colorado 8 from today.

View attachment 17243

My Feb 2019 reservation for Grand Lodge at Peak 7 didn't have it (booked in Interval March 2018) in the fine print.

My Nov 2019 reservation for GP7 did have the fee in it but I was there November 10 - 17 so there was no fee.

View attachment 17244

Thanks...you are right....mine DID have the same notice about the resort fees! That will teach me to read all the fine print going forward . We would have taken the trade anyway, but my fault for not reading the confirmation letter closely!!!!

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
What exactly is this $10 per day fee for? I would be beyond irritated.