• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Crowne Branson

Buckeyesalwayswin

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have owned at the GC for nearly 20 years. I want to check with other owners at GC about their thoughts on the GC in general and the direction of the resort. It is my understanding that Capital Vacations has purchased some of units at the GC and is encouraging GC owners to attend one of their presentations for a gift. We recently stayed at the GC after not staying there for about 7 years. My thoughts on the Grand Crowne. I am content with GC. We have had some great vacations there and through the Interval International system. Our latest stay at the GC was in July of 2020 was very good. The property appears to have been kept up well and staff was responsive. Updates to the property have been made (newer furniture, tv and furnishings). Everything was in working order. The place was clean and still has a family atmosphere.

Some potential concerns:
Another agency (CV) owns some of the units at the GC. Should this concern us?
While visiting the GC we saw advertising that the GC is selling points for just .01 cent per point plus closing costs.
We are deeded owners at the GC. We are concerned that our kids will someday get stuck with the maintenance fees.

Any thoughts that you have about the GC and the general direction of the property would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
I've never stayed but I have been to a Capital Vacations sales presentation and I know they're offering pretty decent packages for GC owners to join Capital Vacations. Not only did my sales person and the manager, who is actually a friend and not just a sales weasel, but I heard the purchase of GC units be mentioned at other tables nearby.
The Capital Vacations travel system has great appeal to me but I don't trust it as it's a newer system. I'm not all that impressed by their resorts but the ability to use my points to book airfare, hotels, rental cars all on one site without spending extra cash is VERY appealing.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Buck I don’t know if this will be read as it is an older post.
I also own the Grand Crowne in Branson a 3 bedroom and a 2 bedroom contract that previous owner turned into Interval points years ago. We love this resort. The 3 bedrooms are huge and actually 3 complete one bedrooms Of various sq footage hooked together by a common foyer. It’s perfect for large groups. We have stayed there 4 times the 3rd week of Sept. for a motorcycle event.
Resort is very well kept. Employees and maintenance personnel are speedy and cheerful.
I use my Interval points often and get great 5 star exchange.
We did go to Capital Presentation in 2019. 200.00 ck and 2 show tickets per couple. OMG what a cluster. Sales guys had a terrible time even finding my contracts. I would never buy into Capitol as the organization is mismanaged IMO.
Very very happy with my points and just got another contract this month.
Dont worry about your kids being forced to inherit the Timeshare unless their name is on the deed. No one can be forced to take any type of inheritance they dont want.

Priscilla

TUG Member
Reaction score
Buck I don’t know if this will be read as it is an older post.
I also own the Grand Crowne in Branson a 3 bedroom and a 2 bedroom contract that previous owner turned into Interval points years ago. We love this resort. The 3 bedrooms are huge and actually 3 complete one bedrooms Of various sq footage hooked together by a common foyer. It’s perfect for large groups. We have stayed there 4 times the 3rd week of Sept. for a motorcycle event.
Resort is very well kept. Employees and maintenance personnel are speedy and cheerful.
I use my Interval points often and get great 5 star exchange.
We did go to Capital Presentation in 2019. 200.00 ck and 2 show tickets per couple. OMG what a cluster. Sales guys had a terrible time even finding my contracts. I would never buy into Capitol as the organization is mismanaged IMO.
Very very happy with my points and just got another contract this month.
Dont worry about your kids being forced to inherit the Timeshare unless their name is on the deed. No one can be forced to take any type of inheritance they dont want.

Hello Jules.

Bernie8245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Jules,
We bought a 3 bedroom EOY even year unit that locked off into a 2 br and 1 br at Carriage Place from the developer back in 1998. We converted it to 221,000 points in even years a few years later and then we purchased a 2 bedroom EOY odd year at Grand Crowne on ebay for around $200 a couple of years later at Grand Crowne that had been converted to 175,500 points in odd years. Our final purchase in 2016 was a 3 bedroom Grand Crowne penthouse every year that gets 400,00 points. We won that on ebay for $1.25. We have been very happy with our Grand Crowne purchases. Last year we stayed 13 weeks in timeshares and only one week was at Grand Crowne. This year because of Covid we have only been gone 10 weeks and most of that was early in the year. We have 5 weeks booked at Marriott Grande Ocean in Hilton Head starting January 3rd of 2021 and we plan on going as long as the resort is open. We went to a Capital presentation a few years ago and were tempted to buy but did some research and a lot of the resorts that they supposedly owned, they had very few units.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bernie,
Which resort do you think trades better Carriage Place or Gold Crowne? Which has the least expensive maintenance fees? We also travel a ton with our Interval exchanges. Thinking about purchasing another Gold Crowne 244,000 pts, but can’t quite decide.
I also own several contract(12) in Playa Del Carmen,MX Sunset Fishermens Resort and Spa so we spend the winter there. Probably wouldn’t suggest that resort to anyone to buy that resort unless they plan to stay there or rent it out. The program is way oversold and difficult to use to book prime weeks unless you know exactly what your doing. The fees aren’t cheap either 867.00 for studio this year. The resort is paradise small and totally ocean front. Doesn’t trade very well either. I never bank my weeks as they are way too precious to us. I have 19 condos booked for Jan-Mar of 2021. About half of those are rented to others.
Wyndham Vacation Club I own 1,666,000 pts and would definItaly suggest that for purchase, only a larger points contract with your home resort being one that has lower maintenance fees.
Sorry I kind of got off post answer lol.

Bernie8245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Jules,
I haven't noticed any difference between Carriage Place and Grand Crowne trading power since both resorts are in the points program. The Carriage Place gets 221,000 points for approximately $850 and Grand Crowne gets 400,000 points for approximately $1060, so Grand Crowne has a lower price per point ratio.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bernie,
Do you only have to have 1 Interval Points account, or does each resort have its own account? I also feel the Gold Crowne resort rates are very reasonable especially for what one can get in exchanges with those points. Thanks for the info.