• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Chateau presentation offers...

Ann in CA

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Mountainside, Marriott's Waiohai, Marriott's Canyon Villas, Marriott's Marbella, Shell Vacation Club
Just had a call from Grand Chateau to offer us the opportunity to attend a presentation next week, even though we just went to one in Maui (very pleasant) in September. Without any prompting she rolled out all the possible gifts, including WED & TH "extra gift" day. We are still on the fence about joining the DC, so decided to take the 20,000 points and go. However other offers included 2 Blue Man (+$75 card on the "extra gift" days), Jersey Boy, Phantom tickets, and there may have been others. Also a choice of a$150 restaurant card, I think.

Last week Desert Springs Villas had offered 10,000 points (by phone) to attend when we will be there the week after GC. We were not impressed (in fact rather annoyed) with the sales staff there just before the DC opened, so politely declined.

Any opinions or advice for Grand Chateau sales presentations? My husband has not followed any of the TUG discussions, so hearing about the DC a few times won't hurt (he knows buying points is not a good move for us!), especially since our last presenter was so honest about almost everything. We have always been open about only joining if it can benefit us, and with just two Marriotts, and one not a lockoff, I haven't been convinced yet, even after I stopped being disgusted with the way Marriott rolled it out.

Right now, my main question for them would be when will the points resale program be set up, and how can we be sure that it will be available when (if) we decide to sell? (not that we are going to buy points) Just want to hear what they'll say and also will also try to get the "two buckets = one bucket now" explanation.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
We didn't go to the presentation (we're at GC right now) but we were only offered 15,000 points to attend. They also offered show tickets or Restaurant gift certificates.

bobbornstein

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were called at home a week before and if we signed up ahead of time then the "extra" benefits kicked it. We went at 9am on Thanksgiving Day which was suppose to be 90 minutes but ended up around 2 hours and 15 minutes. He just kept on talking and then there was the survey at the end which was really to try to sell you 5 days to return in the next 18 months. We received a $150 gift card which was good at the Eiffel Tower Restaurant. We had window seats over looking the Bellagio Fountains. What a view and what an awesome meal for $265 less the gift card, we ended up $115 for the two of us and one excellent memory. We also got a Grand Chateau bag (like a computer bag) for attending.

curbysplace

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau, Marriott Streamside-Birch, Marriott Custom House
In August we attended a presentation at Newport Coast (received the points) and had one scheduled for the next week at Grand Chateau. I thought I would check out things with the Grand Chateau folks before our scheduled presentation time and in the course of this inquiry asked about the points we would receive for attending. I was told we were not eligible for the points or show tickets because we had attended a Marriott presentation the week before. Needless to say, we did not go to the MGC program. My advice is just make sure it is worth your time to attend to get the answers to your questions.

Last edited:

BoaterMike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Caribbean, Royal Haciendas, Marriott Grand Chateau,
Last week we were offered $15k Rewards Points (although I heard someone signing for 20k) or show tickets, or $150 Harrahs (including Caesar's, Flamingo, Paris) restaurant vouchers.

Mike

Ann in CA

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Mountainside, Marriott's Waiohai, Marriott's Canyon Villas, Marriott's Marbella, Shell Vacation Club
In August we attended a presentation at Newport Coast (received the points) and had one scheduled for the next week at Grand Chateau. I thought I would check out things with the Grand Chateau folks before our scheduled presentation time and in the course of this inquiry asked about the points we would receive for attending. I was told we were not eligible for the points or show tickets because we had attended a Marriott presentation the week before. Needless to say, we did not go to the MGC program. My advice is just make sure it is worth your time to attend to get the answers to your questions.

Both at Maui and on the phone last night they said we were being invited because Marriott has reduced the time between plans to 3 months. We have an email confirmation as well, so I'd be surprised if they objected to us having gone on the 15th of September with the scheduled plan on the 14th of December. The caller had been with Marriott for some time, although I know many may be compensated by how many appointments they set so perhaps some wouldn't care whether the requirements were met or not.