• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Chateau just sold for a lot on ebay. I asked if it was a lockoff, it was just a 2 bedroom.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.

seans0302 used to be a bigtime reseller on ebay. Haven't seen much lately of him on ebay.

I am sure he gets inventory from postcard companies and exit companies. I don't know how involved he is in the sleazy end, but he is a good seller. I bought my Hono Koa through him (one or two of them).

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I don't know if all 2BR units lock off at Grand Chateau, but it doesn't matter as there are 2BR LO units there. So if you own a 2BR, you can lock off based on availability.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I don't know if all 2BR units lock off at Grand Chateau, but it doesn't matter as there are 2BR LO units there. So if you own a 2BR, you can lock off based on availability.
Which I thought of buying for that reason ($90 fee, of course), but the bid went too high for me. I was watching it. I like the seller, even if he can be quite rude at times.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Which I thought of buying for that reason ($90 fee, of course), but the bid went too high for me. I was watching it. I like the seller, even if he can be quite rude at times.
Just to be clear, it does not matter what is on the deed. You always have to pay $90 to lock off into 2 sides, unless the week is enrolled.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
$3,651 is likely a good buy for someone. Keep in mind that some Timeshare resales are hopping with activity these days due to the inflated prices of year 'round homes, and much higher Hotel room rates.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
$3,651 is likely a good buy for someone. Keep in mind that some Timeshare resales are hopping with activity these days due to the inflated prices of year 'round homes, and much higher Hotel room rates.

Yes, someone who just got back home after a high-pressure sales' pitch. That could be the case.

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been looking at Grand Chateau to potentially get into a unit that trades in Interval. Anyhow, the supply of them seems a bit thin, which could have created the bubble for someone who doesn't want to shop around or wait.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was bidding on this auction too. I think part of the reason it went that high was the seller was paying the closing and transfer costs. So the all in cost was just the winning bid. With some sales the closing and transfer are several hundred bucks. ~$3000 seems to be around the going rate for an annual GC 2BR lately.

Johnsc

TUG Member
Reaction score
What would be a reasonable price for that type of unit?

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Last edited:

Johnsc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was bidding on this auction too. I think part of the reason it went that high was the seller was paying the closing and transfer costs. So the all in cost was just the winning bid. With some sales the closing and transfer are several hundred bucks. ~$3000 seems to be around the going rate for an annual GC 2BR lately.
The 2022 maintenance fees were also paid By the seller.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
The 2022 maintenance fees were also paid By the seller.
But it didn't come with 2022 usage. First usage was 2023.

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
I was watching this auction as I'm considering to add Grand Chateau to my portfolio and sell Willow Ridge. I think this price is insane as my budget was $2000-2500 max.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I was watching this auction as I'm considering to add Grand Chateau to my portfolio and sell Willow Ridge. I think this price is insane as my budget was $2000-2500 max.
Sadly, I think the market is leaving us el cheapos behind. My budget for an SVV 2BR mandatory resale week is about $1000, but those prices are a thing of the past. At least for now.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies

Is the same true of 3BRs at Grand Chateau?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Is the same true of 3BRs at Grand Chateau?
Yes, the same is true. Everyone who owns a 3BR can lock it off based on availability. Someone may be able to speak to whether all 3BR units are lock off capable.

robertk2012

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Villages, Westin Kanapalli
Sadly, I think the market is leaving us el cheapos behind. My budget for an SVV 2BR mandatory resale week is about $1000, but those prices are a thing of the past. At least for now.

I’m glad I got mine when I did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
But Vistana has ruined my chances at those because they are taking back deeds. The exit/postcard companies have figured that out and have started handing them over to Vistana instead of listing them on ebay. Such a ridiculous waste of money for people to hire these exit companies. All the owner has to do is make a phone call.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Redweek has lots for sale. I mean, why bid on ebay if you can get it on Redweek.

robertk2012

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Villages, Westin Kanapalli
But Vistana has ruined my chances at those because they are taking back deeds. The exit/postcard companies have figured that out and have started handing them over to Vistana instead of listing them on ebay. Such a ridiculous waste of money for people to hire these exit companies. All the owner has to do is make a phone call.

Maybe we need to send out our own postcards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk