• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Cayman- Morritt's Tortuga Club

cwbill1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a match through RCI for a studio. I have stayed at the resort in the past in a one bedroom ocean front. I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea what the studios were like and if any of them were ocean front. Thanks for your help.

philsfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
As of last week, there are no ocean front units of any kind at the Tortuga club. One building is complete from the outside but I don't think it's close on the inside.

Htoo0

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you remember the 1 bedroom- take away the bedroom and put the bed in the middle of the living room. And yes, there are no oceanfronts at this time to the best of my knowledge. (But since 2 of the of's are sandlots maybe they consider some of the poolsides as of's?) :D

AllenWoodruff

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am going to tag onto this thread. We are going to Morritts Grand in April and are leaving the little one with grandma. The problem is we are trying to determine the cheapest way to get daily updates on how she is doing. Do most people just buy a phone card once on the island or are there any other options. We have looked into getting a satellite phone and it will probably cost about $150 for the phone rental and 100 minutes. I have also read some about some internet phones, like Skype, but I am not sure about them, plus I would have to buy a phone and also buy internet service from the resort. Anyway does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks.

Caladezi

Reaction score
Using Skype will be by far the cheapest. You don't need to buy a phone because you use your computer, which means that you will have to bring a laptop along with a headphone set. You will also require high speed internet access which is available at the resort for an outlandish fee, or you could walk over to the Reef Resort next door and buy a weeks worth of access at a much more reasonable price. When using Skype and calling computer to computer there is no fee but both computers must have the Skype program (which is free) installed. If you call a telephone from Cayman I believe that the cost is 2 or 3 cents/minute. Skype cost to land lines is determined by where you are calling to, not from. WWW.Skype.com

Mahlon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just returned from two weeks at Morritts, Skype worked great! You can get wireless connection for your laptop, from Morritts, for 12.00 per day or next-door at the Thirsty Surfer for 20.00/week. You can pick up the fringe of the Reef wireless connection, over by the quiet pool, but I didn't use it. You can also use the Morritts Business office computers for 6.00/ hour but I don't know if you could hook your microphone up to them.
I believe cingular wireless will work if you have that provider.
Good Luck,
Mahlon