• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Got our flu shots today

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I got mine last Friday at work. I was never consistent with getting the shot. This is two years in a row now.

Glenn2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort (2)
Suites at Fisherman's Wharf
I never used to get the flu shot, until one year I got the flu, right in the middle of a big audit assignment being conducted out of town. Had to suffer through it in a Residence Inn for days. Couldn't go home because I was the lead on this assignment and the whole crew would have to fold if I left. Since then, I have never missed one year getting the shot. Always in October.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Want to minimise the impact of COVID -19?
Get a flu shot.

Richard

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What is the High-Dose Flu Vaccine, and Who Can Get It?
Here's What Infectious Disease Experts Say

Richard

mbh

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We got our high dose senior vaccine yesterday. CVS was out of vaccine and Walgreens only had the senior dose in some places. We made an appointment online. With so many people here in NYC not going to their offices where they usually get flu shots at work and getting the shot in their neighborhoods, its not surprising that some places were of of vaccine.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Get it over all at once. My arms are a bit sore. Patti spent most of yesterday in bed wrapped in about 4 blankets.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
No problem. They did suggest we not get them all in one arm.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Got the High-Dose Flu shot yesterday at. Publix and received a $10 Publix Gift Card which if already spent.

Today just minor arm soreness - I'd rate a 1 (One) on a 10 point pain scale.

My wife received the shot about a week ago.

Richard

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got a drive thru flu shot today. The whole set was great. There were 4 of us—myself, husband and 2 teens. It was like a NASCAR tire change. 4 nurses came to our car-1 to each window of the car. We all got our shots at the same time and we were done.

There were a lot of cars but they were so efficient it went pretty fast. I hope the continue to do this even when Covid is over.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you haven't gotten one yet, don't delay. As noted waaay upthread, I got mine, but my wife- who tends to be deadline driven- was 'too busy', and now the high-dose senior vaccine is gone from every pharmacy in our area and they won't put people on a wait-list to call when it gets re-stocked.

Hoping the delay doesn't have consequences.

Jim

Chrisky

TUG Member
Reaction score
We got our high dose flu shot at our doctor’s office yesterday. We have been getting them for a long time.
All our pharmacies, and doctors’ offices are doing them.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
This concerns me a bit. I'm 85 and got my shot in August. I was not only early but I got the Regular Quadrivalent shot. not the High Dose one. I see my Doctor in October and will see if she recommends another shot, and if so which one and when..

Update. I had a visit with my PCP (specialty geriatrics) last week. Her two thoughts were (1) she prefers the Regular Quadrivalent shot over the Trivalent High Dose shot for her patients and (2) we defer the decision whether or not to get a second shot until after the first of the year when we know more about the severity of this year's flu season...

George

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts: Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Shadow Ridge
Update. I had a visit with my PCP (specialty geriatrics) last week. Her two thoughts were (1) she prefers the Regular Quadrivalent shot over the Trivalent High Dose shot for her patients and (2) we defer the decision whether or not to get a second shot until after the first of the year when we know more about the severity of this year's flu season...

George
The high dose this year is a quad. Assuming they all are anyway, not just the one DH and I received.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
While shopping today, I parked my buggy by the pharmacy.
It's near the cheese display. People were lined up, waiting.
I smiled and said, "I voted early."

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
Friday I got my Flu, Pneumonia, and Shingles.

I'm surprised you got all three at once, too. I had to get shingles and my doctor said two weeks minimum between shingles and flu.

And they had a flu shot clinic in town and you had to tell them if you had had any shots in the past 30 days, which I had, so I waited the full 30 days.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Had no issues or problems.