• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Got divorced and forgot to book my resort. Options?

twinsdad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi I got divorced and kept my Marriott Ko'Olina timeshare. But with everything going on I haven't yet been able to book my 2018 week usage. (I enrolled into the points system this year but its not available for 2018). I am trying to think of what I can do with it. I don't really have the ability to go to Hawaii this year but would like to take the kids next spring break. I don't think I can book my 2018 into 2019 without some sort of deposit. Looking for advice on how to save my 2018 week and use it in 2019. Do I book a week then deposit first, or is it better to just deposit it on II, or do a Request First? I have only tried to trade it once before so I am unfamiliar with the process and I don't want to end up not taking my kids away for a vacation because of the divorce. Ideally I want to go to Maui or back to the home resort next April (kids school spring break). Any advice on best way to proceed is greatly appreciated! - Sean

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you log into your Marriott account, you can see what is still available to make a reservation. If there is truly nothing, call Marriott and speak to someone fairly high up in customer service. Be honest and tell them what happened. This happened to us one time with the purchase of a resale week. It was supposed to come with that year's usage, but it was too late to book a week within our season by the time the week transferred. Marriott graciously gave us a week that we were able to use as an Interval deposit. It wasn't a high demand week, but it allowed us to salvage that year's usage.

Then we were able to deposit that week into II and have a couple of years to use it.

It's definitely worth a polite and pleading phone call to Marriott.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Perhaps Marriott can "accommodate" your ONE time life alternating situation into the first quarter of 2019?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Lock off and make 2 deposits, if you want 2 weeks or just keep it intact, into II and you will extend the week(s) to trade out by another 2 years. Put in a trade request in II for Maui and Ko Olina for April 2019.