• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Got an offer for The Welk. I guess the rebrand is official.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I received an offer in the mail today to stay at The Welk (tour included of course) San Diego area. It’s listed as Hyatt Residence Club on the literature. It was mailed to my Carlsbad address. I won’t be going but I just noticed the re-brand.

SteveinHNL

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been getting those offers as targeted FB ads. For the Welk Escondido

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
If you go, we'll all be interested about what the Welk people are saying about any possible merger. It's probably all horse[excrement]. But it will be interesting to see which direction they're going as they shovel it.

SteveinHNL

TUG Member
Reaction score
That would be an interesting bit of intelligence gathering. I don't think we have enough interest in Escondido to spend time there, though

RunCat

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HPP, Sheraton Flex.
I received an offer in the mail today to stay at The Welk (tour included of course) San Diego area. It’s listed as Hyatt Residence Club on the literature. It was mailed to my Carlsbad address. I won’t be going but I just noticed the re-brand.

My understanding is that The Welk is a Hyatt Vacation Club resort (vs HRC)

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
My understanding is that The Welk is a Hyatt Vacation Club resort (vs HRC)

You are correct. I just checked the mailer. It is HVC.

Will there be a two-tier club like the coming HGV/HVC Hilton/Diamond? Seems like it.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii

I get that.

But when I was selling this stuff back at the turn of the century, it was called Hyatt Vacation Club. I still have a bunch of room cards because I was really good at picking up my daily "demo room" cards for Beach House/Windward for the day. And really bad about returning them. They all say Hyatt Vacation Club on them.

RunCat

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HPP, Sheraton Flex.
Will there be a two-tier club like the coming HGV/HVC Hilton/Diamond? Seems like it.

I suspect there will be for a while; too many differences to work out to merge the two into a single program. A reduced price exchange in II may be the best option for now.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just saw a Hyatt ad for Escondido this morning courtesy of my Facebook feed.
If I had not already been there -- it would look appealing.
However, I am one of those who feel it's a bit too far from the Ocean and San Diego.

RunCat

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HPP, Sheraton Flex.
Just saw a Hyatt ad for Escondido this morning courtesy of my Facebook feed.
If I had not already been there -- it would look appealing.
However, I am one of those who feel it's a bit too far from the Ocean and San Diego.
But it is close to the Temecula Wine Country. :)