• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Google Earth gives satellite photos of resorts

gobajanow

Reaction score
We downloaded the free Google Earth program, not google maps, and it is stunning. It gave us close ups on all the Cabo resorts we were interested in. Some of the images are several years old, such as the one of Sunset Beach, as it does not have the buildings of the past 3 years. You can change the view (from overhead to groundview), tells you exact locations of various spots, shows things like pathways and I can even see some rocks under the waves!
The images of downtown Cabo are very, very helpful and you can pull back in an instant to see the whole of baja peninsula, then the continent, then the whole world as though from the Moon!

KarenK

TUG Member
Reaction score
But beware

Be careful with Google Earth. I downloaded the free version yesterday and have had nothing but corrupt files on my computer ever since. I may have to have the computer reformatted.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I've been playing with Google Earth for about one year now. One of the first things I did after downloading was to "visit" my favorite TS resorts! LOL

I've also taken quite a few "armchair" tours of various places on earth. I particularly enjoyed visiting the Copper Canyon in Mexico.

JeffV

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I don't know what caused your problem but I doubt that it was Google Earth.
KarenK said:
Be careful with Google Earth. I downloaded the free version yesterday and have had nothing but corrupt files on my computer ever since. I may have to have the computer reformatted.

KarenK

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't either, but the computer shut down as it was installing the program, and ever since it has been acting oddly, to put it mildly.

vic714

TUG Member
Reaction score
Karen,
Not sure which OS you have on your computer but if you are using XP you may want to try and restore the computer to a point before you d/l'd the google software.
Victor