• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Good TS’s for San Fran Bay area

Quiet Pine

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
If you look back through this thread there have been several timeshares mentioned for San Francisco.
Thanks. I've stayed at Inn at the Opera & the location was great. I'm hoping for something closer to SFSU. In past visits, I always stayed with relatives, but relatives retired & moved to Florida.

VacayKat

Reaction score
Thanks. I've stayed at Inn at the Opera & the location was great. I'm hoping for something closer to SFSU. In past visits, I always stayed with relatives, but relatives retired & moved to Florida.
Not much near SFSU - public transportation is ramping back up again, so that could be a reliable option.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Thanks for asking this question.
The purpose the thread is what TS owners in Bay area( San Francisco and suburbs) find atteactive- drivable, shorter flight wise, a bit easier say Hawaii, Cabos. As TS owners you can be at all places but which ones you find most useful in you in bay area. The goal is not to list TS in SF only. Hope it clarifies

We don’t live in the SF area, but we have traveled to a few of the places you’ve listed.

In S. Lake Tahoe, we’ve stayed at The Ridge, Ridge Crest and Marriott’s Timber Lodge. I’d classify Ridge Crest as a budget timeshare and don’t necessarily recommend it if something else is available. The Ridge was nice, but not a top tier resort INHO. both of these are up towards the summit of the mountains and a bit of a drive down into town.The Marriott is in town and convenient to just about everything in town including shopping and restaurants. There’s even a grocery store within walking distance. Diamond Resorts has a nice resort that’s on the lake.

Palm Desert is a great area in our opinion and we’ve been twice. Because we’re Marriott owners, it’s always
been with Marriott. Good shopping, good restaurants and lots of things to see and do within a short drive.

Newport Coast was also a nice stay, although we mostly hung out at the resort. Again, as Marriott owners we stayed at the Marriott timeshare. When we did venture out it was down to Laguna and a bus tour of LA.

Hope this helps some.

I’m going to call out fellow TUGGERS who decided to be grammar police with junk posts criticizing the posters choices of words or short cuts. TUG should be welcoming and informative.

Last edited:

zentraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
Grandson will start his freshman year at San Francisco State Univ. Would be fun to spend a week nearby and visit him, take him out for dinner, see his dorm. Can anyone suggest an appropriate timeshare? Thanks.

You won't find anything very close to SF State. I live in SF but have looked up the city in the past just to see what is here. All are downtown or fisherman's wharf but it is a small city so you won't be that far away, but they won't be in his neighborhood, which is in the southwest part of town.

You might have better luck looking for an airbnb or vrbo in that neighborhood. Since it is a college area places for parents and grandparents to stay must be in some reasonable supply!

Last edited:

Icc5

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own at the Donatello for the past 30 years. We bought it for trading and only stayed when we bought it. We are not city people so that is our reason for trading which it does very well. Years ago before RCI changed to converting weeks to points we had no problem trading our unit which sleeps 3 to a 3 bedroom in Hawaii so obviously the trade value is very strong. The location for people that enjoy the city is very close to Union Square.
Hope this helps.
Bart

Andrearr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Villages (Bella) Vistana
I’m going to call out fellow TUGGERS who decided to be grammar police with junk posts criticizing the posters choices of words or short cuts. TUG should be welcoming and informative.

I was surprised and disappointed to see that. Initiated by a moderator as well. Great choice of words for calling this out.
Respectfully,

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I was surprised and disappointed to see that. Initiated by a moderator as well. Great choice of words for calling this out.
Respectfully,
And now there are posts calling out posters for making jokes. As a native Californian I stand by my comments. And if you noticed we all also provided input on the OPs original question.

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
And now there are posts calling out posters for making jokes. As a native Californian I stand by my comments. And if you noticed we all also provided input on the OPs original question.
Uh, no. Not the moderator, sadly.

I'm starting to see some of the snarkiest posts are often from the moderators.

Finally, my dear niece, born is Southern CA regularly uses the term, "Cali." She may have introduced me to it.