• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Gold Key Owners, Virginia Beach,VA

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the very best Gold Key Resort in Virginia Beach to stay? I am looking at late April or early May 2016 before tourist season (2 bedroom unit/ocean front). Thanks for any suggestions in advance.

Which Gold Key resort has the best ocean front villas?

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok! What is the worst DRI/Gold Key Resort ocean front?

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
The 2BR will be a lock-out for the Gold Key Resorts

What is the very best Gold Key Resort in Virginia Beach to stay? I am looking at late April or early May 2016 before tourist season (2 bedroom unit/ocean front). Thanks for any suggestions in advance.

Which Gold Key resort has the best ocean front villas?

OceanAire or Ocean Beach Club. These two are right next to each other and share amenities. The North End of the oceanfront, where these two resorts are located, is a more upscale area.

If you plan to exchange, I'm not sure that you can guarantee yourself an oceanfront or even an ocean view unit. There are many city view units with no balconies.

To guarantee oceanfront, you will probably have to rent from an owner of an oceanfront unit, though I do not know how DRI will handle unit assignments and exchanges. There are many room types. Be diligent in confirming the unit type and view to avoid disappointment.

Ok! What is the worst DRI/Gold Key Resort ocean front?

I have not personally stayed at Beach Quarters, but what I've seen looks pretty nice. I wouldn't turn my nose up to it. It was a hotel conversion (Clarion). It's older. However, all units are oceanfront. It appears to have a great complement of amenities and guests also have use of the amenities at Turtle Cay across the street.

Beach Quarters is located at the South End of the beach. This is a great area of the beach also.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences. We own Marriott (that exchange thru II) and we also own DRI (Silver Elite Members).

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
OceanAire or Ocean Beach Club. These two are right next to each other and share amenities. The North End of the oceanfront, where these two resorts are located, is a more upscale area.

If you plan to exchange, I'm not sure that you can guarantee yourself an oceanfront or even an ocean view unit. There are many city view units with no balconies.

To guarantee oceanfront, you will probably have to rent from an owner of an oceanfront unit, though I do not know how DRI will handle unit assignments and exchanges. There are many room types. Be diligent in confirming the unit type and view to avoid disappointment.

I have not personally stayed at Beach Quarters, but what I've seen looks pretty nice. I wouldn't turn my nose up to it. It was a hotel conversion (Clarion). It's older. However, all units are oceanfront. It appears to have a great complement of amenities and guests also have use of the amenities at Turtle Cay across the street.

Beach Quarters is located at the South End of the beach. This is a great area of the beach also.

Good Morning everyone, I checked the Diamond's web site and the Gold Key's Resorts for Virginia Beach,VA and Nage Head, North Carolina are not available for exchange on the Diamond website to create reservations.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
We stayed at Beachquarters last Easter through an II exchange. We had two 2 BR lock offs. One of floor 7 and the other on floor 9. All rooms are ocean front which is a plus over Oceanaire and Ocean Club. Main minus with Beachquarters is partial kitchen (no oven and only 2 small burners) and no dining room. There is a table that seats 4 max in the living room near the balcony sliding door.

Three out of 4 exchanges (each time into a 2 br) we got city view with no balcony at Ocean Club. One of the 4 exchanges was into a 1 br ocean view. Through II you also have to pay for parking at Oceanaire and Ocean Club which I think is about $6 a day per car. The other 3 VB resorts have one free parking spot per unit in fairly tight onsite parking. I am not positive about the parking at Turtle Cay which is the only non ocean front, across the street resort. Turtle Cay is the only one with w/d in the units (1 and 2 br). Oceanaire has w/d in penthouse units only. All other have to go down the hall and I think it might be only eo floor.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at Beachquarters last Easter through an II exchange. We had two 2 BR lock offs. One of floor 7 and the other on floor 9. All rooms are ocean front which is a plus over Oceanaire and Ocean Club. Main minus with Beachquarters is partial kitchen (no oven and only 2 small burners) and no dining room. There is a table that seats 4 max in the living room near the balcony sliding door.

Three out of 4 exchanges (each time into a 2 br) we got city view with no balcony at Ocean Club. One of the 4 exchanges was into a 1 br ocean view. Through II you also have to pay for parking at Oceanaire and Ocean Club which I think is about $6 a day per car. The other 3 VB resorts have one free parking spot per unit in fairly tight onsite parking. I am not positive about the parking at Turtle Cay which is the only non ocean front, across the street resort. Turtle Cay is the only one with w/d in the units (1 and 2 br). Oceanaire has w/d in penthouse units only. All other have to go down the hall and I think it might be only eo floor.

Thanks for sharing this information.

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Virginia Beach, Virginia

Highlights from an old (2009) Tug thread @ US -
East Coast Timesharing - Virginia Beach Virginia

Ocean Beach Club

3401 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23451

This Key West inspired resort offers spectacular beach views, waterfalls, oceanfront pools with a separate children's pool, a tiki bar and fitness center, landscaping and view of the ocean.

Suites have full kitchens, televisions, DVDs and Jacuzzi tub.
Studios have a mini-kitchenette with place setting for two,
microwave and refrigerator and cable TV.

Phase I features:
Concierge
18 floors
Balcony on all oceanfront rooms
4 three-bedroom penthouses
Oceanfront Pool
Seasonal Tiki Bar

*Units were small and did not have
Central Air/Heat (Hotel style units)
or Washer/Dryer Laundry in units.

Phase III: Hotel / timeshare hybrid
with 100 hotel rooms and 70 high end
luxury timeshare units.
The building will be 20 stories tall.

-

Boardwalk Resort and Villas

1602 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23451.

Hotel amenities include the indoor heated pool, fitness center,
Jacuzzi tubs, and Rockfish Bar and Grill (Beatles memorabilia).

The hotel also offers laundry facilities, dry cleaning services,
a parking garage (fee) , and 24-hour front desk service.

Features
192 Rooms, 10 Floors
Indoor pool with oceanview
1 or 2 bedroom suites
Private balconies
Fitness Center
Rockfish Bar and Grill restaurant

dsexton

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Beach Quarters, RiverPointe, Westin Lagunamar, Sea Scape Beach and Golf Villas
If you want guaranteed oceanfront, go with Beach Quarters. It's also located on the south end of the boardwalk in the middle of all the "Hot Spots" - Chix, Waterman's and Mahi Mah's. These are our favorite places and within easy walk of BQ. We own at Beach Quarters, and while it's not the highest standard (Oceanaire and Ocean Beach Club are nicer and newer) we love it because of it's location.