• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

going to waikiki next week. Where to find dinning coupons?

travelhome

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are going to waikiki next week. Will stay at HHV.

Where to find dinning coupons to explore the city and other dinning options close to Waikiki?

I guess it is too late to buy an entertainment book now... :(

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Pick up all the free tourist books at the airport and in the street stands in Waikiki; they have a lot of dining coupons. HHV also has a coupon book for the complex with coupons for most, if not all, the restaurants on property. If you're staying in the Lagoon Tower, you won't get one when you check in, but ask for it at the concierge desk on the hotel side.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
The Hawaii Entertainment book has been sold out for months, but you might find in on island at a major book store.

tompalm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Half off at the Shore Bird, coupon in the Friday weekend section and Sunday Dining section of the Honolulu Advertiser. Also, Sansei on Sun and Monday night for dinner before 6:00 p.m. Get there early, about 30 minutes prior to opening.

cigarboo

Reaction score
When I went in July, the cashier at Hilo Hattie handed me a sheet of coupons that were the best I had seen. I wasn't really paying attention to it too much because it was our last day, so I'm not sure how many dining coupons were there, but it had attraction coupons as well that were like half off or so at Sealife Park, Bishop Museum and the Magic of Polynesia show. Sorry I only took note of those because I could have used those. If you were in the area, you might just want to pop in and see if those coupons could be something you can use. Have a great time.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
FYI: We learned the hard way the Entertainment Book coupons contain a number that are not valid at Waikiki locations. (Chili's restaurant was one we experienced firsthand - after trying to pay for our meal using the coupon. The server handed it back, and said, "Sorry, that doesn't work at this location." Sure enough - the fine print said, "No Deal.") I checked some others in the book, and several said they weren't valid at all locations.

I vote for asking at the desk of your timeshare - they'll know for sure where the best deals are. And they may have left-behind Entertainment Books - we left ours at the front desk of our timeshare when we ended our Waikiki vacation last year. Others may have done the same.

Dave

cgeidl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hawaii entertainment book

We use our Phoenix book fine dining card for Hawaii and have for years. The fine dining card can be used anywhere for Entertainment. There are usually four or five good places but we find the best deal for us is eating at the HaleKoa hotel and they let outsiders eat there sometimes.It has three choices and all good and reasonable. Also Hawaiiradiodeals.com has a weekly half off gift certificates and we only buy from restaurants we are familiar with

FlyKaesan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have just purchased Entertainment book. I think they have lots of Oahu coupons. I hope I get them before I leave this weekend.