• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Going to Vidanta RM GB next Feb

MoPops

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta
Wyndham CWA, VIP Silver
We had the best Vidanta vacation last Jan Feb in NV. We stayed in a 2BR GB in the tower. Got 2nd to top floor overlooking the beach. It was perfect.
Now I see the gondolas will be going right by the balconies and the GB pool will be packed because the MP pool next door is closed. So, we are opting to go back to RM. we are GL owners, but don’t like fighting for pool chairs, and I am not too keen on taking trams everywhere. GB at RM seems pretty far out. How is it walking to pools? Also looks like only GB pool is access to beach club. Hopefully we will be able to get decent chairs there. (Without waiting in line for the pool to open.)
Maybe our contract which states 2 days for price of one at the NV amusement park will get us in 2 for 1 at RM water park.
Has anyone here stayed at GB in RM? Anything we should look out for? Tips on pool access appreciated.
If Covid 19 is still restricting travel in Jan, we will be a little frustrated, but not as sad as folks that had vacations postponed in March and Apr of this year.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
You might check with @pittle, I know she's stayed there recently. You'd be able to get into the Beach Club and the GM and MP pools; if you agree to go to a sales pitch/update they might give you the GL wristbands or upgrade you to GL; we were upgraded to a Jungle Luxxe unit from a GM 2 BR RCI exchange a few years ago for a January week, so if you don't actually need a 2 BR that might be something to ask for. Also, the 2 days for 1 applies to Jungala, which is another option for pools - haven't tried it yet, but it looks interesting.

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
Grand Luxxe building 1 is very desirable. Trams come by often, or it's an easy walk along the boardwalks to the pools and spa. I would pass on GB if I could get GL building 1.

MoPops

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, VIP Silver
Thanks for replies. We still have GL wristbands from previous stays. The last time we stayed at GL RM, they had a lot of the GL areas held aside for Platinum people. Now im assuming Estates people have sections held aside, I’m wondering what a basic GL 2BR owner can get by the pools?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Are you making an exchange or using one of your weeks at the lower MF price? We did an exchange and were not treated as well as when we have gone as an owner. When we exchanged, we were not allowed to use the Beach Club, but did go over there to at least see it. They do let the GB exchangers to use it in the low season.

At the Beach Club, they assign your spots, you cannot go over early and pick your own.

It is a pretty long walk to the beach from the GB. It was over a mile to the MP pool. We were there in late April and it was pretty darned hot to walk over there carrying a beach bag with bottled water & snacks! After day 2 of 14, we took the tram. They do have trams that will take you to the GM Lobby where you can access lots of pools.

When at GB, you can use any of the GM pools and the big MP pool. We like to snag a Palapa on the beach around 8;:30 or 9:00 AM. I love reading on the beach. :)

We had a 1st floor unit down by the 2nd lobby. Since none of the units have an ocean view, we liked the 1st floor one as it was very private. We never saw anyone but the gardener when we were on the deck. It was shady & cool in the late afternoon.

1588341359502.jpeg

Last edited:

MoPops

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, VIP Silver
Excellent! Thank you. We are using two of our weeks (I can’t keep them straight) that are the lower tiered weeks. They have a shorter reservation window. They are from 2020, so we got the 2020 pricing. I’m sure it will be higher in 2021. Looking at the map, GB is as far out as some of the GL. One of the things we liked about GL at NV was the great location. We very rarely took a tram. We always go end of Jan early Feb. purely a get away from winter strategy.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
There is a tram at the main GB lobby that will take you just to the Beach Club and Salum.

grandmani10

TUG Member
Reaction score
my daughters and I stayed at the RM GB last year (June I believe). We originally had a 1 bedroom unit but they wanted to put us on the first floor and we didn't want the first floor as we thought there would be more noise with the trams going back n forth. We wound up in a studio on the 2nd floor and while we only had a view of the 'jungle' we liked it for the privacy. We liked the GB as it wasn't as crowded and we found walking to and from the pools and the Salum area wasn't bad at all--in fact it encouraged us to get out and explore the resort. However, if you prefer less walking, the tram was readily available. We were allowed access to all of the pools, including the GL pools, although at the time there seemed to be an infestation of small nats (or bugs) at the GL pool and we chose to stay at other pools --which were great. We really enjoyed our time at the GB.

StructureGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta
Stayed in a two bedroom Grand Bliss on third floor. It was late October, so it wasn't that full, but we got a smaller golf cart ride to Salum with never more than a 5 minute wait. The Luxxe folks got first pick 30 minutes before the Grand Bliss folks. Plus, some cabanas went unused waiting for platinum members to show up at their leisure. But we got upgraded to a nice cabana at noon every day when it was apparent that no platinum member wanted the place. Not sure how this will work in a busy month like February. If you want to go to the big pool you walk a bit and then go through a Grand Mayan building (building #9 if I remember right) and catch a bigger trolley. Much longer wait and very crowded.

Now we were in Nuevo Vallarta in February this year. The Mayan Palace pool was closed and they were allowed to use the Grand Bliss pool. The GB pool was never crowded and we got good seats arriving at 10:00 am. There's only one MP building and I think many of them went to the GM pool which was always crowded by 8:30 am. The gondola pole was erected but the gondala wasn't in service yet. But we were on the 7'th floor facing away from the beach so I doubt it would have bothered us anyway.

Last edited:

MoPops

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, VIP Silver
my daughters and I stayed at the RM GB last year (June I believe). We originally had a 1 bedroom unit but they wanted to put us on the first floor and we didn't want the first floor as we thought there would be more noise with the trams going back n forth. We wound up in a studio on the 2nd floor and while we only had a view of the 'jungle' we liked it for the privacy. We liked the GB as it wasn't as crowded and we found walking to and from the pools and the Salum area wasn't bad at all--in fact it encouraged us to get out and explore the resort. However, if you prefer less walking, the tram was readily available. We were allowed access to all of the pools, including the GL pools, although at the time there seemed to be an infestation of small nats (or bugs) at the GL pool and we chose to stay at other pools --which were great. We really enjoyed our time at the GB.

Excellent. Thank you! We prefer walking for sure. I doubt in Jan they’ll give us access to GL pools, but we will find a spot. We will have grandkids with us one of the weeks. I’m pretty sure we will check out the water park when they are with us.

MoPops

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, VIP Silver
StructureGuy,
We were at GB NV in Jan/Feb this year. Right before the closed the MP pool. We were at GB pool every day. It was never really crowded, and if we went down around 10:00 we were always able to get the seats we wanted. One of the reasons we switched to RM this year is the closure of the MP pool. That’s a lot of people to add to the GB pool. Seems a little strange to change from NV to RM because of pool choices, but that’s a big part of our stay.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I hope we all get to travel & use our weeks in 2021
We have 2 weeks booked in Feb .

Here is a tongue in cheek comment - In 2021 will the Vida check staff - be using “ first floor room / no need to use the elevator “ as the carrot to get you to go to a presentation .

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Excellent. Thank you! We prefer walking for sure. I doubt in Jan they’ll give us access to GL pools, but we will find a spot. We will have grandkids with us one of the weeks. I’m pretty sure we will check out the water park when they are with us.

Grandkids will probably like the huge MP pool better thaan the Beach Club. They will love the Water Park but is will be expensive for a group everyday.

MoPops

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, VIP Silver
I’m hoping to get two for one in the water park. It’s in our contract for the park in NV. Hope it works at RM water park also.
Thx