• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Going to Ocean Walk Daytona Next week....

brigian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any tips ?

Any good restaurants ?

Is there free wifi ?

Are all the pools heated ?

Thanks

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Any tips ?

Any good restaurants ?

Is there free wifi ?

Are all the pools heated ?

Thanks

Free WiFi and good ocean view in the bar area.

I will draw an inference that the pools are heated. We were there this time last year and the outdoor temps were in the 40s but there were people in the pools. Not many!

Try Ivy Lane Bistro and the Oyster Pub. Mr. Dunderdak's in the mall near the track has good German food, interesting decor. The Starlite Diner across the street will do in a pinch. There was a decent place down by Ponce Inlet light. Might have been Down The Hatch.

I don't view Daytona as a very good town for restaurants. There are a lot of marginal or worse restaurants that are able to stay open because of all the events. Sometimes you're better off with the familiar chain restaurants -- Outback, Carraba's, etc.

WeLovetoTravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just checked out of Ocean Walk. I agree that the Oyster Pub is a good choice. Ocean Deck down by the pier is a decent choice. They also have music. Bubba Gumps is overpriced but has decent food too. Pancake House right across the street is always yummy for breakfast, but we usually make our own breakfast in the room. Winn Dixie is a couple of miles south on A1-A, Publix is a couple of miles North on A-1A.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ive never been disappointed at a Winghouse..and the wings arent bad either

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
We ll be there Friday and Saturday nights, get together?

Don40

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Try Aunt Catfish on the River at 4009 Halifax Drive Port Orange, FL 32127. Not a far drive especially if you like seafood. Their corn grits are mouth watering. Last time we were there they had a lobster special that was so good.

Don

Pisces

Reaction score
Great thread! We are going in February and staying for a week in a 2 bedroom. Does anyone know if all 2 bedrooms face the ocean? Thank you!

brigian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great thread! We are going in February and staying for a week in a 2 bedroom. Does anyone know if all 2 bedrooms face the ocean? Thank you!

I'll be checking in tomorrow , I'll give you my feedback during the week.

Thanks for the replies, I'll be sure to check out some of the restaurants.

mrpickle

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mike's Galley

It has by far the best breakfast!
It is just south on Atlantic ave!
The bread is always fresh and homemade!

http://www.mikesgalley.com/

I love Mike's I eat there every time I am in Daytona!

Reaction score
Has anyone stayed in a 4 bedroom presidential unit @ Oceanwalk? I'm wondering what the units are like in comparison to a 4 bedroom @ Bonnet Creek. And does anyone know what the status of the lazy river is?

WeLovetoTravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were there xmas week. Lazy river is open. 4BR presidential is not like the Bonnett Creek Units. The decor is the same in the 4BR as in the rest. The appliances and furniture are not as nice as Bonnett Creek. At OW when you get the 4BR, you get the top floor, and more space.

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)

You can call ahead and try to get a ocean front or ocean view room. especially now, as thehy are not so busy.

We check in tomorrow night.

brigian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ive never been disappointed at a Winghouse..and the wings arent bad either

yeah, went last night great place. Read alot of good things and only some not so good about hog heaven across the street , although the beef was delicious we were very disappointed with the rest of the food and service.

i think tomorrow we're going for italian, any suggestions ???

Pisces

Reaction score
We purchased an Extra Vacation through RCI for February 10-17. We have a 2 bedroom. Does anyone know if we can call the resort to see about an upgrade to a 3 bedroom so we can get oceanfront? Or, do we just take our chances when we check-in to see if our 2 bedroom will be oceanfront. We will not be arriving to the resort until after 9:00 p.m. on Friday night.

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I doubt that you would be able to upgrade. You can call ahead and request an ocean front room, but it is not guaranteed, and,much to our disappointment, we arrived late last week and did not get an OF. It was OV, but not OF. Ocean Walk front desk staff do not always meet our expecatations - almost the ONLY ones that don;t, and coming in late? Not too good, for us at least..

However, calling ahead would be the best plan, I think.

brigian

TUG Member
Reaction score
I doubt that you would be able to upgrade. You can call ahead and request an ocean front room, but it is not guaranteed, and,much to our disappointment, we arrived late last week and did not get an OF. It was OV, but not OF. Ocean Walk front desk staff do not always meet our expecatations - almost the ONLY ones that don;t, and coming in late? Not too good, for us at least..

However, calling ahead would be the best plan, I think.

One thing I was impressed with was that we arrived at noon with the slim hope they would have a room ready and check us in and they did. We had the ocean front 3 bedroom, really nice. My only complaint is I wish she didn't have all carpet, smelled kinda muggy, I'd prefer tiles.