• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

God Bless TUG! You just saved me 30K!

CJinPHX

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hilton affiliates

If you are looking to occasionally trade in II to get to the caribbean don't forget Hilton affiliates in Florida. Most trade in both RCI and II (and SFX). They can also be great rentals.

Some have very low costs to get in, trade-off is higher yearly maintenance fees. Just have to do the math. I don't mind the higher fees if it's over ten years before you get to break even on the buy-in discount.

No matter what, it's fun to play the points games in Hilton.

BillW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats. As for exchanging in RCI Hilton is probably a little pricey for the points but definitely has some trading horsepower. Our kids are young and we bought an annual pass for Disney World last summer. We've used RCI to do 3 trades into the Disney Vacation Club. Staying on property has been great and a friend who owns DVC asked what it cost us to trade in and when I shared our total outlay for one week in his club it was pretty obvious it was less than what he would spend for the same. We've done numerous other RCI trades and love the flexibility.

Enjoy the ride and welcome to the 'club'

ldzierzanowski

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recommend Royal Resorts. They are small in the Caribbean, but are well maintained, not glitzy and overcrowded. We own at Marriott Surf Club & Renaissance in Aruba, and 2 Marriotts in Hawaii. We prefer the welcoming atmosphere and locale of the Royal Sea Aquarium in Curacao where we have 2 weeks. They also have one on St. Martaan and on Aruba, as well as a number in Mexico. Happy TSing!

Catvag

This may seem like a strange question but how do the beds compare to the Marriotts?

lto

Reaction score
Great news, i did the same thing two years ago, put 16k down for 2500 points and could not sleep. Glad i found tuggs and recind