• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

GMAC Timshare Division? [Merged threads]

keelklan

Reaction score
OK, I am new to this BBS and wanted to ask a Simple Question!

As anyone here had a good transaction With GMAC?

I received there call like others on this site to rent my property for $1000 upfront and a Huge return for our weeks that we have in RCI!

I have read a lot of threads but I have yet to come on to one that someone says that they rented or sold there Timeshare without any proplems?

:confused:

frenchieinme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there a Santa?

You know the old saying ""Ïf it's too good to be tru then it probably is too good to be true""" It is possible but at first reading this too me has a hard time passing the smell test. However, don't be a fool and disregard it. Be diligent and cautious with an open mind. Don't be greedy. In most actuality you will find this to be a scam.

frenchieinme :hi:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Welcome to TUG! :hi:

Many of us have successfully bought, sold, and rented timeshares with no help from a resale/rental agent at all. For lots of info. see the articles posted at the top of this board. Also - you can advertise for FREE in the TUG Timeshare Marketplace.

Bill4728

Reaction score
The mantra of most people on TUG is:

1. Buy resale and save thousands

2. Never pay an Up-front fee to Sell or Rent your TS.

The reason for not paying an up front fee is that the companies which charge a large up front fee make most of their money not buy selling or renting TSs but from the big up front listing fees. So they spend most of their energy and advertising money to get more listings NOT on selling or renting the many listings they have.

PS the biggest timeshare reseller company which uses the name GMAC is also known as TimesharesOnly

Last edited:

keelklan

Reaction score
I came very close to doing it, I think if it had not been the Holidays and buying gifts that i might of given this a try!

This looks like a cool site, I cant wait to set down and really explore the threads!

Thanks
Keelklan

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Also note that the "GMAC timeshare division" is not in any way related to the well known GMAC - General Motors Acceptance Corporation.

You have received some good advice here. You'll find that advice and more in the "how to sell" article located at the top of the list of topics for this Buying, Selling, Renting forum.

keelklan

Reaction score
The lady I talked to kept saying that why would a major company like GMAC risk a multi Billion dollar business by scamming someone for a $1000!

I hope she calls me again, I have a ton of Questions for her!
:crash:

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
I used them before I found TUG. 600 (and that was years ago) - I plunked it down. They did nothing. I would call and beg. "My agent," would tell me to continue to be patient - my timeshare was great and it would sell. The only out I had was if I sold it myself (which I did). I got most of the 600 back after begging, pleading, proving I sold it, etc. What a headache!

Don't spend more than an ad fee such as 35 at Redweek. You simply won't get anywhere near what you paid for the timeshare (unless you bought it resale - and even then - it's a buyer's market right now).

Welcome to TUG. You'll get good advice here on how to sell - or - maybe you'll decide the timeshare is worth using or renting now that you have this site to help you.

juano84

Reaction score
GMAC Timeshare Division Pitch

I recieved a call from Julio Negron of GMAC Real Estate Timeshare Division... He asked for 998 dollars which would be used for paperwork and he said that they dont list the company, but they have families come in lured by free disneyworld tickets and they sell them timeshares... much like the big companies do when they sold ours the first time around. Is this legit? he also said that they can sell our timeshare at a value close to a new timeshare. Should I believe this guy? These are not that same as GMAC Timeshare Resale. He also said that they make their money by providing financing to the people they sell to.... Help please!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I recieved a call from Julio Negron of GMAC Real Estate Timeshare Division... He asked for 998 dollars which would be used for paperwork and he said that they dont list the company, but they have families come in lured by free disneyworld tickets and they sell them timeshares... much like the big companies do when they sold ours the first time around. Is this legit? he also said that they can sell our timeshare at a value close to a new timeshare. Should I believe this guy? These are not that same as GMAC Timeshare Resale. He also said that they make their money by providing financing to the people they sell to.... Help please!

They make their money off of charging you $998. Tell him you will do it and they can take their commission proceeds out of the final sale after it is sold. You won't here from him again.

keelklan

Reaction score
She just keeps on trying over and over and over!

The Rep that has been calling me just will not give up! She guaranteed that it would be rented in 90 days! The guarantee is that they will relist it for free after the 90 days!

Read # 10

Here is the copy of there contract she sent me!Terms and Conditions
1. Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate is a For Sale/Rent cooperative marketing company that is not a real estate broker. The cooperative marketing program involves pooling marketing resources with those of other sellers/renters to maximize exposure to potential buyers/renters of your vacation property. Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate is not involved in any negotiation for sale/rent, closing, or procuring of buyers. Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate forwards all inquiries about your vacation property directly to you and allows you to negotiate the sale/rental of your vacation property.
2. Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate cannot and does not appraise the value/rental price of your vacation property. The sale/rental price of your property has been established by you, the owner, and Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate has made no representations as to the sale/rental price that you may receive.
3. Although your vacation property will be potentially exposed to millions of potential buyers/renters as a result of the Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate marketing program, Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate does not have a specific buyer/renter at the present time. We do not specifically go to your resort or vacation home to show your property.
4. Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate is not affiliated with your resort, personal vacation home, or other third party organization. Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate is not a real estate broker. Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate is a marketing company.
5. Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate has made no representations as to the period of time that it will take for you to sell/rent your vacation property, the success rate of our marketing program, or the sale/rental price that you may receive.
6. When your vacation property has a rental or sale offer, you can choose to go through an affiliated or recommended company or handle the transaction yourself.
7. Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate is a marketing company that uses at its discretion: television, radio, print, billboards, direct mail, the Internet, our showroom, and other media to drive buyers/renters to our website, call us by phone, or walk inside our showroom offices, to view our inventory. Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate does not specifically market your property in our marketing program. Your vacation property is in the Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate database, but not specifically on the company marketing materials.
8. We presently have a world headquarters located in Orlando, Florida. With a showroom where guests can read printed material, and request our inventory.
9. You are entitled to a refund if you provide Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate customer service department with a notice of cancellation of your advertisement within seven (7) business days from the postmark date on your envelope.
10. Our marketing program is designed to generate results in 90 days, if results are not delivered, Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate will, upon request, continue your marketing service at no additional cost.

©2008 GMAC Home Services, LLC. An Independently Owned and Operated Firm. GMAC is a registered trademark of General Motors Acceptance Corporation. Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate is a licensed "seller of travel" and "marketing company". Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate is not a licensed real estate brokerage.

jdb0822

Reaction score
The Rep that has been calling me just will not give up! She guaranteed that it would be rented in 90 days! The guarantee is that they will relist it for free after the 90 days!

Read # 10

Here is the copy of there contract she sent me!Terms and Conditions
1. Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate is a For Sale/Rent cooperative marketing company that is not a real estate broker. The cooperative marketing program involves pooling marketing resources with those of other sellers/renters to maximize exposure to potential buyers/renters of your vacation property. Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate is not involved in any negotiation for sale/rent, closing, or procuring of buyers. Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate forwards all inquiries about your vacation property directly to you and allows you to negotiate the sale/rental of your vacation property.
2. Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate cannot and does not appraise the value/rental price of your vacation property. The sale/rental price of your property has been established by you, the owner, and Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate has made no representations as to the sale/rental price that you may receive.
3. Although your vacation property will be potentially exposed to millions of potential buyers/renters as a result of the Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate marketing program, Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate does not have a specific buyer/renter at the present time. We do not specifically go to your resort or vacation home to show your property.
4. Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate is not affiliated with your resort, personal vacation home, or other third party organizat. Timesionhare Division GMAC Real Estate is not a real estate broker. Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate is a marketing company.
5. Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate has made no representations as to the period of time that it will take for you to sell/rent your vacation property, the success rate of our marketing program, or the sale/rental price that you may receive.
6. When your vacation property has a rental or sale offer, you can choose to go through an affiliated or recommended company or handle the transaction yourself.
7. Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate is a marketing company that uses at its discretion: television, radio, print, billboards, direct mail, the Internet, our showroom, and other media to drive buyers/renters to our website, call us by phone, or walk inside our showroom offices, to view our inventory. Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate does not specifically market your property in our marketing program. Your vacation property is in the Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate database, but not specifically on the company marketing materials.
8. We presently have a world headquarters located in Orlando, Florida. With a showroom where guests can read printed material, and request our inventory.
9. You are entitled to a refund if you provide Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate customer service department with a notice of cancellation of your advertisement within seven (7) business days from the postmark date on your envelope.
10. Our marketing program is designed to generate results in 90 days, if results are not delivered, Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate will, upon request, continue your marketing service at no additional cost.

©2008 GMAC Home Services, LLC. An Independently Owned and Operated Firm. GMAC is a registered trademark of General Motors Acceptance Corporation. Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate is a licensed "seller of travel" and "marketing company". Timeshare Division GMAC Real Estate is not a licensed real estate brokerage.

Need we say more. I would also be curious to see their so called licenses as well.

krissydee

Reaction score
Where did you find those terms and conditions? I looked on their site and couldn't find it

Stefa

TUG Member
Reaction score

I think I could spend all day in their showroom...reading their printed material. :rofl:

keelklan

Reaction score
The Customer rep sent them to me trying to get me to sign up!

She wanted to record me going over the contract with her, I am sure to try and trap me into forking over my hard earned $1000.

I have asked over and over to give a money back contract or take the money out of the rental and the answer is always they cant do that!

She is telling me that My TS will be rented out within a couple of weeks for the Superbowl and or the Daytona 500, So why not take your money then?

I cant wait for the next call!

:banana:

llent

Reaction score
The Customer rep sent them to me trying to get me to sign up!

She wanted to record me going over the contract with her, I am sure to try and trap me into forking over my hard earned $1000.

I have asked over and over to give a money back contract or take the money out of the rental and the answer is always they cant do that!

She is telling me that My TS will be rented out within a couple of weeks for the Superbowl and or the Daytona 500, So why not take your money then?

I cant wait for the next call!

:banana:

I just received the same call yesterday. Told me that they were selling this weekend for the PGA and Daytona. The cost was $899 for a lifetime but I could have it for $600 discounted because of my RCI membership. I also asked what happened if they did not sell/rent it within 90 days and i was told they would continue to market it at their expense(just as line 10 of the contract mentioned in an earlier post)
Research after that call is what lead me to TUG. So i guess something good came from the call. I just joined TUG today and am looking forward to utilizing it to the fullest.:wave:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I just received the same call yesterday. Told me that they were selling this weekend for the PGA and Daytona. The cost was $899 for a lifetime but I could have it for $600 discounted because of my RCI membership. I also asked what happened if they did not sell/rent it within 90 days and i was told they would continue to market it at their expense(just as line 10 of the contract mentioned in an earlier post)
Research after that call is what lead me to TUG. So i guess something good came from the call. I just joined TUG today and am looking forward to utilizing it to the fullest.:wave:

There is very little expense in them continuing to market it. In fact it would be more work for them to take the listing down than to just leave it up there. So the guaranty is worthless.

rnlouks

Reaction score
I had roughly same call today (3-27-09) except the upfront cost was $1599.
After a while they lowered it to $800, but I still didn't bite.

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Telemarketers licenses..

Need we say more. I would also be curious to see their so called licenses as well.

The employees are licensed telemarketers, not licensed real estate associates.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
What does it take to get a telemarketer license - be able to fog a window?

usafcop11

Reaction score
I have 7000 points of wyndam points. I hate it, wish I never got it, and want to get ride of it. Got the call today from GMAC and thought it was to good to be true. Looks like I was right. Next thing, what is the easyiest way to get ride of this nightmare call timeshare. Please help me!!!
Phil