• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Global Travel Network

Salmonhead

TUG Member
Reaction score
The points based system, price, and the ability to pass on this timeshare to my children seem to make this a good option. Anyone have any real world experience with Global Travel Network? Thank you.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
The points based system,
price,
and the ability to pass on this timeshare to my children seem to make this a good option.
Anyone have any real world experience with Global Travel Network? Thank you.

Welcome toTUG
I would suggest doing more research before spending money.

There is a TUG thread from 2015 - you can access it by typing Global Travel Network

I believe it is a membership travel club that allows you to access off season excess inventory from Timeshare resorts. There are likely other ways to access this inventory that won’t cost you an upfront membership.
I think I also recall a TUG member mentioning that Global Travel Network was how he first visited Vidanta Riviera Maya in Mexico.

1) -If you want a exchangeable points system buy a resale TS that is in RCI points - Grandview Las Vegas is one to research on TUG.This would also get you access to RCI last calls.Another option is a resale Wyndham or Worldmark points based ownership. that has lots of locations and no internal exchange fee .There is a lot of information in the Wyndham TUG forum.

2)- Your kids may not want it - I wouldn’t recommend buying anything ( including TS) for this reason.

3) -TUG has two TS rental forums - Last Minute / 45 days or less and Marketplace.

4)-I was recently looking at the smaller exchange company - Trading Places International to see what they had.
They have a rental section that had weeks with rental costs of $300- 800, where anyone can rent by getting a membership that I believe was no cost. The resorts listed were mid level names I recognized and the weeks were semi off season and the time frame was the next 90 days.

Last edited:

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, how did you come to find out about this Global Travel Network? Were you at some sort of a sales presentation?

Salmonhead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you @T-Dot-Traveller , that was extremely helpful. I'll check out Trading Places. Meanwhile, I'll try to land on a place where I get enough points to trade. I'll also leverage 'last calls.'

Salmonhead

TUG Member
Reaction score
@LannyPC I was at a sales presentation. Seemed good. I purchased then sent in a cancellation a few days later. I didn't feel like I throughly investigated the opportunity.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
We’re you contacted by mail or phone? If by phone, and if you are on the DNC list, then their unauthorized call tells you everything you need to know about them.

These vacation clubs are very slick in their presentation when it comes to extracting thousands of dollars. In reality, what they have to offer is bottom of the barrel resorts. Just Google some of the reviews. Also don’t be fooled by their A+ BBB rating as they recently became BBB accredited (which I believe gives them an “A” until they fail to respond to complaints). Instead, just read through the complaints to give you an idea of their practices.