• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Global Resort Options a Scam?

Honeybee3

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand View
I was contacted by Global Resort Options to sign them up to rent my timeshare. They look legit but wary as they want $4000 one time fee. Anybody else getting approached by this company?

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
I was contacted by Global Resort Options to sign them up to rent my timeshare. They look legit but wary as they want $4000 one time fee. Anybody else getting approached by this company?
No, but one of the largest red flags against them is that they contacted you. The next largest is that they’re asking for an upfront fee. Run away, fast!

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
This is an advertising listing company in which you would be throwing away your $4,000. They will not rent your timeshare. You will pay them $4,000 for them to place a timeshare ad on their website. It will sit and you won’t receive any offers because no one looks at their website. It is all lies. The “business” is really a sham just to steal your $4,000. They happily collect $4,000 or more (their disclosure says the fee is $4,995) for timeshares that are really worthless, or close to it.

You would think your $4,000 would go towards a professional looking ad with lots of color and glitz. That isn’t what you get. For that money you should at least get a dedicated website with lots of easy to find timeshares for sale or rent. Don’t get that either. In reality, the website is nothing but an ad to convince timeshare owners to pay them to advertise their timeshare. One has to scroll all the way to the bottom of the website to find a tiny “search properties” link. When you search a property you get a bare bones description that looks like it was written by a 4th grader. There is no personal detail for anyone’s $4,000. It is just a generic description.

This business model is a common one because one can literally steal money under the guise of providing a service (listing your timeshare). The real business model is 99% spent in time and money cold calling trying to convince strangers to pay their new (3 years old) company thousands of dollars to advertise on their website. The other 1% is put into the website which is just enough to keep from being arrested.

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
To follow up on RX8's detailed information, their website shows currently 530 listings. At $4,000/ listing, that is $2,120,000 worth of possible income for them. However, there is NOT ONE picture of any resort. Not one. Additionally, there is not one time period on any listing. No "dates available." How does anybody looking for a rental do business with them? As far as advertising? Has anybody ever heard of them? No..... They have a website (shoddy) and they have a bank of telephones. Plus, they have some wacky positive (manufactured?) reviews on BBB.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since you just found TUG today, and are inquiring about possibly renting your TS, you can rent it here in the Marketplace if you actually join TUG for $15.
And I see you list your resort ownership as Grandview. They are frequently on RCI Last Call lists for $300 for a week. That's your competition.

Welcome to TUG. Where you get straight answers.

Jim

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

Heckuva deal! What could go wrong?

keithdelliott

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview, Las Vegas
Cliffs at Peace Canyon, Las Vegas
I dealt with this company today. Beware of Global Resort Options! They are an aggressive sales company that purports to rent timeshare properties to corporate clients in locations like Orlando and Las Vegas. They require a Lifetime Membership fee of at least $3247 upfront in order to be able to rent your timeshare properties at $1800 per week. My sales agent was sweet and helpful on the phone, but before agreeing to this program, I decided to do an investigation of the company, it's affiliates, it's owner, etc. Their website is not consumer friendly and most of the pages are password locked. I was hoping to find out how many timeshare properties were available and where - but I could not. I contacted the Orange County FL Convention Center administration office who had no knowledge of this company. You will note that their Google reviews are mostly 5 stars, posted by mostly local people in the Orlando area who have posted few or no other Google reviews - often a sign of fake reviews posted by friends of the agents. Their Better Business Bureau page also has 16 reviews - all 5 stars - but as long as there are no complaints, these reviews are not investigated by BBB - so anyone can post anything, real or not. The company is also not BBB accredited, meaning BBB has verified nothing about them. They will direct you to the Florida Dept of Agriculture and Consumer Services to see that they have 0 complaints. I spoke to the FDACS and confirmed that they only post complaints if there is a proven loss of money, etc. But the company's license was only issued in Sept 2021. FDACS said this was because they had probably changed the name of the company then. So a new company with a clean record. I called Global Resort Options back with some concerns and I was handed off to their very aggressive team manager, Ken Emerick, who was not happy when I told him I had been investigating them. Unfortunately, all these red flags indicate that they have things to hide - but they do a very good job of high pressure selling.

keithdelliott

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview, Las Vegas
They are NOT legit. I hope you didn't sign up with them and pay their ridiculous Membership Fee.

keithdelliott

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview, Las Vegas
Since you just found TUG today, and are inquiring about possibly renting your TS, you can rent it here in the Marketplace if you actually join TUG for $15.
And I see you list your resort ownership as Grandview. They are frequently on RCI Last Call lists for $300 for a week. That's your competition.

Welcome to TUG. Where you get straight answers.

Jim
I also just found TUG. I have Grandview and Cliffs at Peace Canyon, both in Vegas. I just signed up. What are the benefits?

Keith

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
That is a lot of time invested in checking out an obvious scam even if you didn’t send money.

I dealt with this company today. Beware of Global Resort Options! They are an aggressive sales company that purports to rent timeshare properties to corporate clients in locations like Orlando and Las Vegas. They require a Lifetime Membership fee of at least $3247 upfront in order to be able to rent your timeshare properties at $1800 per week. My sales agent was sweet and helpful on the phone, but before agreeing to this program, I decided to do an investigation of the company, it's affiliates, it's owner, etc. Their website is not consumer friendly and most of the pages are password locked. I was hoping to find out how many timeshare properties were available and where - but I could not. I contacted the Orange County FL Convention Center administration office who had no knowledge of this company. You will note that their Google reviews are mostly 5 stars, posted by mostly local people in the Orlando area who have posted few or no other Google reviews - often a sign of fake reviews posted by friends of the agents. Their Better Business Bureau page also has 16 reviews - all 5 stars - but as long as there are no complaints, these reviews are not investigated by BBB - so anyone can post anything, real or not. The company is also not BBB accredited, meaning BBB has verified nothing about them. They will direct you to the Florida Dept of Agriculture and Consumer Services to see that they have 0 complaints. I spoke to the FDACS and confirmed that they only post complaints if there is a proven loss of money, etc. But the company's license was only issued in Sept 2021. FDACS said this was because they had probably changed the name of the company then. So a new company with a clean record. I called Global Resort Options back with some concerns and I was handed off to their very aggressive team manager, Ken Emerick, who was not happy when I told him I had been investigating them. Unfortunately, all these red flags indicate that they have things to hide - but they do a very good job of high pressure selling.

keithdelliott

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview, Las Vegas
That is a lot of time invested in checking out an obvious scam even if you didn’t send money.
I'm very thorough. I enjoy investigating and solving problems. I would never blindly believe that something is a scam until I can confirm it myself. Call me strange.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
@keithdelliott Every single upfront fee advertising/listing company out there is an absolute waste of one’s money, ranging from a very bad value to outright scams. Most of these companies are new, joining the industry to fleece easy money for little work all the while knowing they will be out of business in a couple of years. In fact, I would not be surprised if they don’t even forward any offers they might get (which may not be many due to the unfriendly website). I would also not be surprised if they forward bogus offers, with requests for impossible to book times, just to make their victim feel like there is some action for their big fee. A couple of these companies have been around for a number of years but even those companies are not worth it as they encourage unrealistic rental and sales prices because that makes their fee seem more reasonable.

Last edited:

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
You will find no shortage of places to satisfy your investigatory curiosity researching potential timeshare related scams.

I'm very thorough. I enjoy investigating and solving problems. I would never blindly believe that something is a scam until I can confirm it myself. Call me strange.

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also just found TUG. I have Grandview and Cliffs at Peace Canyon, both in Vegas. I just signed up. What are the benefits?

Keith
The benefits of TUG membership are the access to reviews of thousands of resorts where you may visit. You will appear to be associated with knowledgeable owners, and you won't have to see a bunch of ads on TUG to see content.

Welcome!

Ero

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Massanutten
So sounds like people shouldn't sign up with Global Resort Options, but if someone does...are they a legitimate place to rent from? They just sent me over a contract to rent a week, but don't want to run into any issues when I show up to use said week. Thanks. Also on a side note, got my 1st timeshare this week, but obviously can't access RCI or other exchanges until after the rescission period....any value of Massanutten resort and how hard to use (or get any sort of desirable property anywhere) are all the extra VIP weeks, Bonus weeks, RCI certs, etc that they entice you with during the hardsell?

Limace

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Grand Californian
DVC-Animal Kingdom Kidani
Rescind! Research and buy resale!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

callwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
So sounds like people shouldn't sign up with Global Resort Options, but if someone does...are they a legitimate place to rent from? They just sent me over a contract to rent a week, but don't want to run into any issues when I show up to use said week. Thanks. Also on a side note, got my 1st timeshare this week, but obviously can't access RCI or other exchanges until after the rescission period....any value of Massanutten resort and how hard to use (or get any sort of desirable property anywhere) are all the extra VIP weeks, Bonus weeks, RCI certs, etc that they entice you with during the hardsell?
I would very quickly take a look at what you can get buying resale. Im sure it is considerably cheaper... Like this(from the marketplace on this site) 3 Br lock off Luxury Villa during peak Foliage Season. Spacious AB unit with 2104 square feet. 2 kitchens, 2 fireplaces and a spa. Maintenance fees paid for 2022. Seller pays for deed and SVOA transfer fee for 500 bucks plus? Is that better than what you paid? If so, hurry up an rescind according to their requirements!

Ero

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Massanutten
$260 MF week 4 odd years, included their $365 gold card, plus 3 "bonus weeks" tossed in per year. What is usability/value of the bonus weeks that you don't get when buying a resale? Cost out the door was $5k

callwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
$260 MF week 4 odd years, included their $365 gold card, plus 3 "bonus weeks" tossed in per year. What is usability/value of the bonus weeks that you don't get when buying a resale? Cost out the door was $5k
You really need to start a new thread with your questions. You will not attract much attention piggybacking your questions on a thread that has little to do with what you want to know VS why this thread was started.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
So sounds like people shouldn't sign up with Global Resort Options, but if someone does...are they a legitimate place to rent from? They just sent me over a contract to rent a week, but don't want to run into any issues when I show up to use said week.

Who sent you the contract? Was it Global Resort Options or the timeshare owner?

Global Resort Options own disclosure says “Global Resort Options, LLC is not involved in any negotiations relative to the rental, closing or procurement of buyers of timeshare interests.” As well as “Any offers submitted by prospective buyers utilizing Global Resort Options, LLC ’s advertising will be promptly forwarded to the timeshare owner. Upon receipt of an offer, the timeshare owner can choose to handle the transaction on his/her own or retain an independent broker/closing company.”

I would love to know the details. Did you find a week and inquire directly from their website? Who responded, what was the response and how quick? What does the contract say?

The cheapest rental price that I have ever seen on these scam listing companies is $1800/week which is high (I have seen the $1800 minimum on multiple scam listing sites). I would like to check the rental prices for Global Resort Options but after navigating through the “pay us big bucks to sell/rent your timeshare” BS to find their little link of “search properties” at the very bottom I entered a resort to search and get an error that it is password protected. Seriously? This scam is almost comical. How did you even find something to get a “contract” on?

Last edited:

callwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Who sent you the contract? Was it Global Resort Options or the timeshare owner?

Global Resort Options own disclosure says “Global Resort Options, LLC is not involved in any negotiations relative to the rental, closing or procurement of buyers of timeshare interests.”

I would love to know the details. Did you find a week and inquire directly from their website? Who responded, what was the response and how quick? What does the contract say?

The cheapest rental price that I have ever seen on these scam listing companies is $1800/week which is high. I would like to check the rental prices for Global Resort Options but after navigating through the “pay us big bucks to sell/rent your timeshare” BS to find their little link of “search properties” at the very bottom I entered a resort to search and get an error that it is password protected. Seriously? This scam is almost comical. How did you even find something to get a “contract” on?
The poster also added in questions about a massanutten unit that they just acquired....