• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Global Resort Marketing

melb

Reaction score
I think I already know the answer to this but I have just had a call from the above company wanting to advertise my Orlando Westgate Unit. Up front fee $889. Their marketing angle is that they have links to companies using the Orange Convention Centre and these companies want to put their executives in timeshare rather than hotels.
As always the salesman make a very persuasive argument. He advised me to contact the Better Business Bureau in orlando and also the Chamber of Commerce indicating that if there had been any complaints made against the company they would have details but that he was confident that none had been made.
He states that on this basis everyone who has previously signed up must be satisfied. GRM have arould 500 units for sale/rent advertised on their website. They also make guarantees about refunding fees if the unit is sold or rented before they do and if its not sold within 180 days they will send vouchers for round trip flights.
I have not signed up and don't think I will but I would like to hear from anyone who has had dealings with this company either good or bad.

cosnva

Reaction score
Global Timeshare Stinks

This is a lenghty story, so please bear with me.... Last spring, my parents paid Global Timeshares $850 upfront to sell their timeshare in Orlando, FL. Basically, the place posted it on their website, & did nothing else. My mother, who took care of ALL the household matters, passed away over the summer, & my father's short-term memory is affected due to health issues.

On Friday, my elderly father, received a call from Global Timeshares. The salesperson, Anthony, gave my dad the salespitch & convinced him to relist with them. (He did not disclose that they had already tried to sell with them.) My father agreed (though in talking with him afterwards, he is not even sure what he agreed to). He said one reason he agreed, was the salesperson told him that they already had his credit card number, so he just thought he had agreed to something some time ago, but couldn't remember what it was.) When the authorization department called, he gave them authorization to charge his card, & asked for a phone number, etc. of who he was talking to. ( He got a company name, 800 number, & the amount the charge would be for, but not an individual's name.) I happened to be at his home helping him take care of some business at the time, & discussed what had just happened when he got off of the phone.

I IMMEDIATELY called the 800 number he had given me. I know he had spoken to a woman, & was given the run around for 20 minutes +. I had no success, & so I called back twice, only to find out that the sales person was Anthony, & the woman was from the authorization department. I told Anthony we did not want to sell. He put me on hold, & another man picked up.

I asked for the authorization department's phone number several times, explaining that my mother had passed away, & the estate had not yet been closed, & therefore, selling the property at this time was not even an option. I even offered to put my father on the phone so that he could cancel the authorization, and was told "NO!" The man got very nasty with me. He told me he "didn't give a SH** what you want," and "you don't have power of attorney, so you can't do anything about it." He then said that the authorization department was closed, AND that they couldn't accept any incoming calls, therefore, he could not contact them, either. When I told him that I didnt' believe him, he said that it closed at 12 PM. I found that hard to believe, since my father was called around 11:45 AM. I asked his name, and he told me it was Troy Martin. I then asked to speak to his supervisor, and he said, "I am the G**d*** supervisor." I asked for the name of the president, which he replied, "I am the president." After I was treated so unbelievably rudely, I raised my voice, and he told me he would disconnect the call if I continued to speak to him that way. I told him to never call my father's number again, and to be placed on the DO NOT CALL LIST. He refused to do so. When I asked again, he told me that he did not have the authority to put me on any phone list. Then in his nasty tone of voice, he said, "Have you ever heard of the Federal Do Not Call List? If you have a problem, then call it." (Frankly, I do not know if my parents were on it or not, but I had them added to it.) To make an even longer story short, I left my phone number, & got GLOBAL TIMESHARE's adddress.

Needless to say, it has been three days, and the authroization department has not called.

We have called my father's credit card company. They confirmed that the authorization was posted by the company at 11:50 AM....minutes of when he spoke with them. My father and I are filing FRAUD papers with the credit card company refuting the charges by Global Timeshare. I would be VERY WARY of their underhanded practices.

jgtragesser

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would suggest that you file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the Chamber of Commerce regarding 'predatory practises'... and if your father's memory is failing, I think that you should have a discussion with him as to how to protect his interests eg, cancel credit cards, checking accounts, etc... Joe Tragesser

Last edited:

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would also file a complaint with the Florida AGs office because Global Resort rip off is based in Florida. Also if he happened to be on the National do not call list you can file a complaint against GRM for that as well.

cosnva

Reaction score
Global Timeshare Stinks

Just to update you on the information. It is now December 28th, and I just received the confirmation information from Global Timeshares in the mail. Of course, my father's account was charged $850 on December 16th. I just received the confirmation letter in the mail which states (in VERY small print) that you can cancel your authorization within SEVEN days of their initial phone call to you if you provide written notification. The postmark on their envelope was DECEMBER 23rd. HMMMM, I believe they did not even send the information to us until the seventh day had passed. Pretty convenient, huh? javascript:emoticon('Twisted Evil')
Twisted Evil

Also, as I stated in the previous note, they had already contacted my parents last April, and posted an add for them. They have been paid twice now to sell the same timeshare. The add for the same timeshare is now posted on their website for two different prices. The add from last April has only been viewed 14 times, & I can guarentee that 6-8 of those times, it was viewed by me.

My parents were under the impression that they would sell the timeshare for them, but in the fine print, it states that Global Timeshares does not directly sell the timeshare, but will simply forward the information of any interested buyers to the seller. Any questions regarding the sale should be addressed with an attorney. Seems to me that they are making a killing by deceiving their customers.

jalexander

TUG Member
Reaction score
In my mind, anyone who knowingly violates the do not call rules is a scumbag. These people have done it to me on numerous occasions. Unfortionately, there is no recourse for consumers against companies that do this

shorty72034

Reaction score
Don't Do It

I have a similar experience with this company. When they called me their sales person said they had an 80% closing rate. The reason they did is because they did active marketing which is a flat lie. They initially tried to charge me $1,000 but when I said no they got me for $500.

When I filed a complaint with my state attorney general's office and the Florida BBB they replied with lies. They sent information to both agencies with someone elses information (they had the same last name as mine but wasn't us).

I contacted the person who's information they sent me and found out they were charged over $1,000 for the same service. Unfortunately they were elderly and got ripped off. I just got an affidavit from the Florida state attorney general's office asking me for full details of the company's dealings. Be advised this company is corrupt and abusive and I would reccomend you staying clear.

Good luck with them returning calls or doing anything other than posting your condo on the internet. You can do that on E-Bay for next to nothing and save your money.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
No joy on this one...

Also if he happened to be on the National do not call list you can file a complaint against GRM for that as well.

"Existing business relationship", by virtue of the prior listing agreement, gives these parasites a "pass" as far as any "do not call" violation. :mad:

Last edited: