• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Global Entry for Aruba

gnipgnop

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are traveling to Aruba toward the end of this year. We have TSA Pre-check #'s but was wondering if Global Entry is also necessary to move us along through the airport quicker. Not sure what Global Entry entails but, I read that many people are saying they have G E and are glad they do. your help would be appreciated.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
We are traveling to Aruba toward the end of this year. We have TSA Pre-check #'s but was wondering if Global Entry is also necessary to move us along through the airport quicker. Not sure what Global Entry entails but, I read that many people are saying they have G E and are glad they do. your help would be appreciated.
If you have TSA pre check already, getting global entry just to go to Aruba isn’t ideal. When you’re TSA Pre Check is about to expire, you should apply for Global Entry then. GE comes with TSA Pre Check and it’s $100 vs $85 just for for TSApre.

I like GE and it has worked great for me many times traveling internationally. Another option when traveling internationally is mobile passport. It’s less utilized and quicker than the regular line. I cannot confirm if mobile passport is in use in Aruba since you clear customs for the US in Aruba.

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
Remember Global entry is for returning to the US not for entry into an international destination. What is nice about Aruba is that there is a US immigration station there, so you go through customs and immigration before you leave. They do have GE kiosks there. We have had GE for 7 years and we love it because prior to COVID we did a lot of international travel.

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
CPNY and ilene13: Thank you so much for the good advice. At this time, I will forgo the GE and just use our TSA pre check for this trip to Aruba. This is the first time in 8 years we have traveled internationally and we probably won't be going again soon.
Getting too old.:cry:

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure how old you are but I will tell you that when my hubby and I went to Cancun several years ago there was an elderly couple there that must have been 90 years old or close to it. They could barely scoot along but they walked holding hands, boarded the bus to go to another resort, etc. It was such a sweet and beautiful sight. We always talk about them and pray that we’ll be just like them should we make it that long.

CPNY and ilene13: Thank you so much for the good advice. At this time, I will forgo the GE and just use our TSA pre check for this trip to Aruba. This is the first time in 8 years we have traveled internationally and we probably won't be going again soon.
Getting too old.:cry:

toddvb20

TUG Member
Reaction score
Remember Global entry is for returning to the US not for entry into an international destination. What is nice about Aruba is that there is a US immigration station there, so you go through customs and immigration before you leave. They do have GE kiosks there. We have had GE for 7 years and we love it because prior to COVID we did a lot of international travel.
Wait. What? We are currently in Aruba and when we got off the plane last Saturday they said to allow for 3-4 hours when you're returning home to get through security/customs. We both have GE. Does this mean we can skip the line and go to a GE kiosk? If so, how does it work when we get back to the states? Do we have to hit the GE kiosk again? Thank you!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Wait. What? We are currently in Aruba and when we got off the plane last Saturday they said to allow for 3-4 hours when you're returning home to get through security/customs. We both have GE. Does this mean we can skip the line and go to a GE kiosk? If so, how does it work when we get back to the states? Do we have to hit the GE kiosk again? Thank you!
Flight from Aruba are like a domestic USA flight upon landing in the USA. Pre-clearance in Aruba means no immigration or customs in the USA.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
GE and US customs in Aruba is the least of your worries. The issue is the multiple security lines in the airport in Aruba.

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
When you leave Aruba, you will go through the security checks, there are 2 of them and once you collect your luggage, you go to the US Customs and Immigration area. If you have GE you go the kiosks which are in the right of the hall and you skip the lines going through the regular immigration. Once you are through there you recheck your luggage and you go on to the gate. When landing in the US, it is as though you are on a domestic flight.

pierrepierre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palace Resorts
I just got cleared for Global entry, and my American Express paid for it! However, TSA pre-check, Global Entry, and Nexus (Canadian entry) are all different with different $$ to apply. In Sault Ste. Marie - MI., we had an excellent agent/officer who finger printed and did an interview. He also advised us on each program and said we should have applied for Nexus - which is $50.00 and includes the Global Entry and TSA pre-check. I would suggest all who are applying to read each program the government offers. TSA does include you and the people travelling with you, however the other 2 programs are for the individual ONLY. The government web site also shows where once you are cleared via the computer forms - you can head for a scheduled interview/finger print. We have been offered that when going thru the airport, but when making a connection they could not guarantee we would make our next flight. One must read all information on the government site before applying. I believe each person applying has to have their own email address too. Even little things like drunk driving on ones record can hold up an application - and our agent said most women (husband wife applying at same time) get cleared first! Please be advised, as were from our agent - once Canada opens up again, their offices will be swamped with applications - therefore, do not hesitate if this is something you are considering. Our agent in the Sault was professional, kind, and helpful with me trying to understand IT ALL! Our 3 hr. drive each way - 2xs, once for me, once for husband was well worth it....driving over the Mackinaw Bridge was fabulous!....so glad to live in beautiful Michigan!

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got cleared for Global entry, and my American Express paid for it! However, TSA pre-check, Global Entry, and Nexus (Canadian entry) are all different with different $$ to apply. In Sault Ste. Marie - MI., we had an excellent agent/officer who finger printed and did an interview. He also advised us on each program and said we should have applied for Nexus - which is $50.00 and includes the Global Entry and TSA pre-check. I would suggest all who are applying to read each program the government offers. TSA does include you and the people travelling with you, however the other 2 programs are for the individual ONLY. The government web site also shows where once you are cleared via the computer forms - you can head for a scheduled interview/finger print. We have been offered that when going thru the airport, but when making a connection they could not guarantee we would make our next flight. One must read all information on the government site before applying. I believe each person applying has to have their own email address too. Even little things like drunk driving on ones record can hold up an application - and our agent said most women (husband wife applying at same time) get cleared first! Please be advised, as were from our agent - once Canada opens up again, their offices will be swamped with applications - therefore, do not hesitate if this is something you are considering. Our agent in the Sault was professional, kind, and helpful with me trying to understand IT ALL! Our 3 hr. drive each way - 2xs, once for me, once for husband was well worth it....driving over the Mackinaw Bridge was fabulous!....so glad to live in beautiful Michigan!

I signed up for Nexus in Feb 2020 because it’s only $50 and includes GE & TSA pre-check, plus the additional Nexus benefits at the northern border. Unfortunately since the border has been closed all this time my application is still in limbo 18 months later! Hopefully the border re-opens soon so I can complete the interview and finally get my Nexus card!!