• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Glacier Canyon transportation and shopping??

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have three nights booked at Glacier Canyon and we will be flying in to Madison. The rental cars are ridiculously priced so I am thinking to use Uber. How close are the grocery stores to the resort? And do I have any other options?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I have three nights booked at Glacier Canyon and we will be flying in to Madison. The rental cars are ridiculously priced so I am thinking to use Uber. How close are the grocery stores to the resort? And do I have any other options?

The is a Walmart Supercenter less than 2 miles from the resort.

I read about Autoslash.com here on TUG. You put in the location and dates you are looking for and the site keeps searching for a better price. People said they've had 2, 3, 4 notices that the price was lowered. So apparently the site keeps on searching right up until the end.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
The is a Walmart Supercenter less than 2 miles from the resort.

I read about Autoslash.com here on TUG. You put in the location and dates you are looking for and the site keeps searching for a better price. People said they've had 2, 3, 4 notices that the price was lowered. So apparently the site keeps on searching right up until the end.

Thank you. I just set up a search. From what I found before I can get a box truck for like $40 and an economy car for $95 per day.

So I just did an owner's update in April, Wyndham will leave me alone, right?

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Taxis are expensive in Dells, they take advantage of the foreign summer workers with no cars. If I were to guess, I would think Walmart is further than two miles, of course it is a big resort and maybe part of it is closer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Thank you. I just set up a search. From what I found before I can get a box truck for like $40 and an economy car for $95 per day.

So I just did an owner's update in April, Wyndham will leave me alone, right?

It used to be that if you had attended an update within the last 6 months then you weren't eligible. We haven't been to one in probably close to 3 years so I'm not sure if that is still the case.

You might find a better deal on a rental car from an off airport location. Last year when we went to Vegas the rental car rates at the airport were very high and never did come down in the whole 2 months I was watching. I changed my search parameters to start looking at other options. An $11 taxi ride saved us over $120 on the car and we were even able to return the car to the airport!

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
We wanted to fly into Madison and cost was outrageous. Interested in how long in advance you booked. Years ago, our car was totaled in Branson, and we had a terrible time getting back to dells. We had to return car in Madison and rent a different one to get to dells. At that time it was at least sixty five dollars, but a taxi was over one hundred.

djk1357

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just got back from Glacier Canyon, and Uber was up and running. Though the cost to go from one of the water parks (Klondike) back to Glacier Canyon Main gate was $7. We decided to wait for the shuttle.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just got back from Glacier Canyon, and Uber was up and running. Though the cost to go from one of the water parks (Klondike) back to Glacier Canyon Main gate was $7. We decided to wait for the shuttle.

Would life be easier with a rental car?

I am looking at taking a cab over to an off-airport and renting (which was about $45/night.) I thought that I could just Uber back and forth, but if it is that spread out, maybe I just need the car.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
The dells is very spread out. If you plan to stay at the resort, and eat there, you can do without a car. If you want o see the Dells you need a car.

sb2313

TUG Member
Reaction score
There's no need to take a shuttle/rental car from your room to any of the water parks, the entire walk is inside. Map shows 2.1 miles to Walmart,which seems about accurate and it is the closest big box store to glacier canyon as far as I know.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
There's no need to take a shuttle/rental car from your room to any of the water parks, the entire walk is inside. Map shows 2.1 miles to Walmart,which seems about accurate and it is the closest big box store to glacier canyon as far as I know.

Oh good! I just hate being wet and ever so charming and traveling on a bus at the same time. :)

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where is the Klondike water park? Is it part of Glacier Canyon?

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
As far as closest box store, Walmart is only box store in the area. There is one in the southern part of baraboo, a much longer drive. Basically no where to shop in dells.

djk1357

TUG Member
Reaction score
Klondike Kavern is one of the indoor waterparks that are in Wilderness Resort. (https://www.wildernessresort.com/waterparks/indoor/)

Staying at the Wyndham part of Glacier Canyon gets you access to the Wilderness Resort's indoor and outdoor waterparks.

You can walk from Glacier Canyon to the three main indoor parks, but it can be a long walk depending on your suite location. There are covered and semi-air conditioned routes as well as an outdoor path.

There are also shuttles that run between the various resort locations.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Klondike Kavern is one of the indoor waterparks that are in Wilderness Resort. (https://www.wildernessresort.com/waterparks/indoor/)

Staying at the Wyndham part of Glacier Canyon gets you access to the Wilderness Resort's indoor and outdoor waterparks.

You can walk from Glacier Canyon to the three main indoor parks, but it can be a long walk depending on your suite location. There are covered and semi-air conditioned routes as well as an outdoor path.

There are also shuttles that run between the various resort locations.

As long as the weather is decent we usually walk outside the building, especially to get over to the play area/Klondike - it can shave a couple minutes off the walk, and it's more pleasant.

Pietin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham-Glacier Canyon, Star Island, Cypress Palms, Pagosa Spring, Kingsgate, DVC - OKW, VGF
The question is, how are you going to get from Madison to the Dells. It is about a 45 miles. A cab or Uber would be very expensive. Food at the resort is limited and a little pricey, but then all of the food in the Dells is pricey. There are restaurants and an outlet mall within walking distance, less than a half a mile. But for milk, and other groceries, walmart is your best bet. Another option is Amazon Pantry, order and have it delivered to the resort. We did this at Disney because we didn't rent a car, It worked out well.