• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Giving out COVID vaccine today

geekette

Reaction score
You are talking about a very small minority. The vast majority of 65+ individuals have the computer skills needed to log into a website to make an appointment. My 94 year old mother can do that even without any job experience with computers. This condescending attitude based on age is infuriating.
My 87 yr old mother has gnarled fingers and failing eyesight. Even if she wanted to use the computer again, it's not physically possible. She barely ever used it. Not much to do with age, just not her thing. She did her time as a secretary in the 50s and that was the end of her keyboard interest.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
My 87 yr old mother has gnarled fingers and failing eyesight. Even if she wanted to use the computer again, it's not physically possible. She barely ever used it. Not much to do with age, just not her thing. She did her time as a secretary in the 50s and that was the end of her keyboard interest.
Has your mother got the Covid Vaccine yet?

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
I am late to this party and haven’t read the entire thread but I wanted to add that getting an appointment here in NY isn’t easy. You can’t book by phone. Being that I’m pretty tech savvy I booked about a dozen appointments. I booked for myself (I’m a teacher/behavior analyst, teaching in person), I booked for my parents, I got earlier appointments for my in- laws (my MIL immunocompromised and my FIL late 80s), I booked for my friend at work’s father, and a few other other folks who didn’t know how to book them. I had a great method of reload, scroll, and click. I know that many are missing out if they don’t have friends or family to help out. I just hope that when things settle it will become easier for them to get vaccinated at their regular doctor’s office, or be able to make an appointment by phone, or with a simple click. I’m getting my first shot 1/27.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mentalbreak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Minnesota started taking appointments today for those aged 65 and above online and by phone.
I was able to help my 77yo dad book online for this Saturday and the follow up 3 weeks later. I am sooooo excited! Between his vaccination and our antibodies, we may all be able to go on our March break vacation.
I hope your loved ones can all get the vaccine soon and return to family visits and everyday life.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
WA just opened up for my phase, so I made an appointment yesterday at noon for a round one jab this Thursday. I could have done it as soon as today, but I have things to complete today.

DW dallied a bit in getting herself set up. By the time she was ready to make an appointment this morning, the earliest she could get in is in two weeks.

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
DE opens up the window for 65 and up tomorrow. The way it is supposed to work is you register and then you get an invite in order of risk. Sounds like the way to do it but we will see how it works. 20% of the state is in this phase that includes also many essential workers and those 64 and under with underlying health conditions.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
As a public school employee, I received my first injection today. The only weird thing to report is the injection itself felt warm - but this could have been a result of the ham-handed pharmacist giving the shot instead of nurses.

At any rate, no side effects notes thus far....although the wife looks especially alluring tonight......

Hmmmmm.....

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Publix is the first pharmacy that SC has allowed to give the vaccine thus far. The media announced the day before they were to begin taking appointments. The Publix site said after 6 AM the next day. I got up at 4:45 AM and signed in. I kept watching for the link to be active. Around 6:20 AM I saw it. Clicked and was told I was in queue. A minute later and I was quickly filling out information and then saw two days and the locations. Chose the second day and a time frame and nothing. Clicked each time frame, and nothing. Tried the first day with the same result. Within minutes all the locations in the Charleston area were fully booked. Then soon after the Upstate was fully booked. I'm guessing it didn't even take 15-20 minutes for the whole state to become fully booked. We have the two appointments booked already at the hospital but were hoping to get my mother in sooner.

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Over here in Portugal it's moving along . All health professionals are done and nursing homes. I received a call yesterday for my mom to receive shot but today the health center called and cancelled so we are still waiting. Im not exactly sure why it was cancelled as it got lost in translation as my language abilities are lousy. The majority of the public are scheduled for April. We'll see.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
I received my first Covid-19 shot today - Pfizer vaccine. Second shot is Feb 11. So far, so good, no reaction, shot was less than a Bee sting. My 89-year old sister-in-law received hers along with me.
Same follow up date. We didn't have an appointment - can't get through to make one. We just showed up with our masks at Vista Park and they waved us through. We were in a line-up of cars and had to wait about an hour. They had us wait about a half-hour afterward to see if we would have an allergic reaction which neither of us did and off we went back home.

My wife received here shot at the same location 2 days ago. She went with 3 lady-friends and they didn't have an appointment either but were granted entrance to the park to receive the shot.
Her follow up is February 9.

The location was very well organized and the staff were all very friendly.

Richard

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
I received my first Covid-19 shot today - Pfizer vaccine. Second shot is Feb 11. So far, so good, no reaction, shot was less than a Bee sting. My 89-year old sister-in-law received hers along with me.
Same follow up date. We didn't have an appointment - can't get through to make one. We just showed up with our masks at Vista Park and they waved us through. We were in a line-up of cars and had to wait about an hour. They had us wait about a half-hour afterward to see if we would have an allergic reaction which neither of us did and off we went back home.

My wife received here shot at the same location 2 days ago. She went with 3 lady-friends and they didn't have an appointment either but were granted entrance to the park to receive the shot.
Her follow up is February 9.

The location was very well organized and the staff were all very friendly.

Richard
My arm had minor soreness for a few hours last night. When I woke up this morning, soreness was gone.

Very happy to have received the shot. My wife is ecstatic.

Richard

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Dh and I got our first shot today. We got the Pfizer vaccine. So far, so good.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Florida just limited the shots to residents wnd seasonal residents who stay at least 31 days