• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sticky - Give back your unwanted wyndham Timeshare - Wyndham Ovations / Wyndham Cares / Certified Exit

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Here is the information from the email they sent today after I called:

Maintenance Fee: Must be and stay current until process is complete. Any paid fees are not refundable.

Documentation to return inventory: You understand that you will receive by email documentation to return your inventory. These documents must be signed, notarized, and returned within the number of days indicated on the documentation. Please keep in mind the sooner the documentation is returned the earlier the process may be completed.

Processing Timeframe: Processing timeframes are 6 to 8 weeks to complete the entire process and to receive a cancellation letter.

Title Issues: Discrepancies with owner recorded transfer deeds, issues with chain of title, missing documentation needed to record with deed to return inventory, proof of name changes, estate matters etc. and other changes that were not received by Wyndham Title department, may delay the processuntil proper documentation is received.

Ownership: You must own contract for at least 12 months

Third Party Financial Institution: Any portion of loan paid using a credit card or any other financial institution (PayPal, bank loan, mortgage equity or other) is of sole responsibility of owner accepting an Ovation option.

Reservations: All reservations will be canceled and points forfeited. You will be able to keep any secured reservation paid with Resort Condominium International (RCI).

New Travel reservations during Ovation process: In the event that you book a reservation during this process your request to return your inventory may be cancelled. In case you use your points/credits with Wyndham Destinations or one of its business partners (Travel, RCI, and others) during the process, your cancelation may be interrupted and you will have to wait until the next use year to participate in the Ovation program, once all points are available.

Points usage: Future year’s points must be unused or reservation must be canceled or point rental option is also available.

Multiple contracts: One acknowledgement per contract is required and must be returned.

Ovation by Wyndham offer: Program and inventory acceptance may change without notice. Any changes in the program, will not impact a case that is in process.
This is essentially what i was told.
I was not offered the three year free use.

What was key for me was the ability to keep confirmed exchanges with Interval International.

I will deposit my 2019 points this week to II and confirm exchanges. These points would expire 9/30/19. I currently have two confirmed exchanges in my II account for 2020 so will also confirm and EPlus the new deposits this week into 2021.

I was told it takes 8-10 weeks to get the paperwork and 4-6 weeks after I send them back to be completed. Until that time I pay my monthly maint fee. I was given a case number to reference if I need assistance.

winos2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV
Was told my RCI points would be theirs. Are they talking about Wyndham RCI Account only? They won't touch my RCI Points account??? If anyone knows the answer, please let me know. I will Phone Monday if no one is sure. Thanks

Last edited:

Ozlander

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called today, They answered in about 5 seconds. All my points qualify and I can use them for three years.
I big elephant in the room is, No Guest Confirmations. So no money and I can't rent the points out.
So, I am going to go to Pathways.

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
Mailed my signed and notarized Ovation paperwork on 2 small contracts two weeks ago and the points are now gone from my Wyndham account (we kept two larger contracts). So it took two weeks (including mail time) for the contracts to exit my account - very fast turnaround.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Was told my RCI points would be theirs. Are they talking about Wyndham RCI Account only? They won't touch my RCI Points account??? If anyone knows the answer, please let me know. I will Phone Monday if no one is sure. Thanks
I was told confirmed exchanges would be honored. So the trick would be to use all your deposits/points (confirmed exchanges) before you apply for the program.

abbekit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Pagosa
Reservations: All reservations will be canceled and points forfeited. You will be able to keep any secured reservation paid with Resort Condominium International (RCI).

New Travel reservations during Ovation process: In the event that you book a reservation during this process your request to return your inventory may be cancelled. In case you use your points/credits with Wyndham Destinations or one of its business partners (Travel, RCI, and others) during the process, your cancelation may be interrupted and you will have to wait until the next use year to participate in the Ovation program, once all points are available.

Points usage: Future year’s points must be unused or reservation must be canceled or point rental option is also available.

I want to start the Ovation process. I paid my 2020 maintenance fee for my unit. I own an old Wyndham (Fairfield) fixed week unit that I never converted to points. My unit is a lockout so I always deposit each side separately to various timeshare exchange companies. I deposited my 2020 unit with one side of the lockout going to RCI and deposited the other side of the lockout unit into Trading Places. I also have a number of TPUs with RCI from previous years deposits.

But I'm confused by the wording of the Ovation paperwork (attached above). Will I lose all (or any) of my RCI TPU's when I give back my timeshare to Wyndham? Do I need to book something with them before I start the Ovation process? I paid my RCI membership five years in advance and that doesn't expire until 2021.

Thanks!

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I want to start the Ovation process. I paid my 2020 maintenance fee for my unit. I own an old Wyndham (Fairfield) fixed week unit that I never converted to points. My unit is a lockout so I always deposit each side separately to various timeshare exchange companies. I deposited my 2020 unit with one side of the lockout going to RCI and deposited the other side of the lockout unit into Trading Places. I also have a number of TPUs with RCI from previous years deposits.

But I'm confused by the wording of the Ovation paperwork (attached above). Will I lose all (or any) of my RCI TPU's when I give back my timeshare to Wyndham? Do I need to book something with them before I start the Ovation process? I paid my RCI membership five years in advance and that doesn't expire until 2021.

Thanks!
You do not have a corporate RCI account. Wyndham can't reach into your account. The information was for Wyndham points owners that have rci memberships paid for through their program fees paid to Wyndham. Those accounts basically go poof when ovation is begun.

Did they accept your unit and send you the paperwork?

abbekit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Pagosa
You do not have a corporate RCI account. Wyndham can't reach into your account. The information was for Wyndham points owners that have rci memberships paid for through their program fees paid to Wyndham. Those accounts basically go poof when ovation is begun.

Thanks for the clarification. I plan to call Ovations soon, just didn’t want to start the process if I thought I needed to book my exchanges first. I’m assuming (hopefully) that they will accept my unit. My brother and I each inherited our Wyndham Fairfield Timeshares and they accepted his week.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
actually they don’t go puff until the RCI/II reservations that are in place are completed.
see /abbekit post above.

“Reservations: All reservations will be canceled and points forfeited. You will be able to keep any secured reservation paid with Resort Condominium International (RCI)”

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
actually they don’t go puff until the RCI/II reservations that are in place are completed.
see /abbekit post above.

“Reservations: All reservations will be canceled and points forfeited. You will be able to keep any secured reservation paid with Resort Condominium International (RCI)”
While the reservations can still be used, the rci account and all access to make any changes cease.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
While the reservations can still be used, the rci account and all access to make any changes cease.
Yes, you are correct. I started ovations last fall and then cancelled because I hadn’t made My current II resies With last years points.
I just completed them this weekend so I will call again this coming week. Will post how I make out.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
You will lose your RCI login through Wyndham but can still phone in. The RCI account stays active for a few months after the Wyndham account is gone. Not sure how long but mine was active for over four months. All reservations were honored after the transfer out of Wyndham. Points deposited into RCI were transferred to another Wyndham owner before RCI account was closed out.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You will lose your RCI login through Wyndham but can still phone in. The RCI account stays active for a few months after the Wyndham account is gone. Not sure how long but mine was active for over four months. All reservations were honored after the transfer out of Wyndham. Points deposited into RCI were transferred to another Wyndham owner before RCI account was closed out.
That is because you access RCI thru the Wyndham website I imagine? My Wyndham II account is access not thru a portal but as a stand alone account so I should not lose access. I emailed myself all my confirmations and screen shot the pages just in case.

Called Wyndham today and started the process again.
will post when I receive the paperwork

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is because you access RCI thru the Wyndham website I imagine? My Wyndham II account is access not thru a portal but as a stand alone account so I should not lose access. I emailed myself all my confirmations and screen shot the pages just in case.

Called Wyndham today and started the process again.
will post when I receive the paperwork
Yes I was refering to a RCI account accessed through Wyndham website.

abbekit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Pagosa

Thanks for the clarification. I plan to call Ovations soon, just didn’t want to start the process if I thought I needed to book my exchanges first. I’m assuming (hopefully) that they will accept my unit. My brother and I each inherited our Wyndham Fairfield Timeshares and they accepted his week.

Called Ovations today and they will take my Wyndham Pagosa week. It is still a Weeks contract, I never converted to points. I clarified the clause in the letter (they sent me while still on the phone with the rep) that my weeks deposited with RCI (and TPI) are not affected by the Ovations give-back since I have a personally paid for RCI account, not a Wyndham account paid via my ownership with them.

It was a quick, easy and actually pleasant conversation with the Wyndham rep. So hoping the process goes smoothly. Rather sad to be giving up my ownership in a way because we've enjoyed 20 years of exchanges (and my parents enjoyed a number of years using and exchanging prior to me inheriting it from them). But the difficulty in getting exchanges in recent years, high increases in MF and our changing travel habits (taking our dogs with us now) has makes it necessary to be done with ownership. Still plan to keep my timeshare exchange company accounts and hopefully take advantage of rentals.

fer829

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham points (Limited Edition expires 2023)
I thought I would share the time schedule and details for our process using Ovation.
We had two 105K UDI point contracts that were bought retail over 20 years ago in the Fairfield days that we decided to turn in. Limited Edition gives us 3 more years of 210K points with no more maintenance fees.

* February 6, 2020 Requested Limited Edition by phone.
* February 22 Introductory letter received, (postmarked February 19 from Springfield MO, not sure if this was because Branson is where I bought my first points.)
* March 3 Received “Acknowledgment/Enrollment/Deeds” paperwork and I returned the signed & notarized copies by their provided UPS envelope the same day (postmark showed Orlando origin, dated February 27 when they sent it.)
* March 5 Tracking showed that Wyndham received forms back in Orlando at 11:40.
* March 30 Enrollment letter confirmation received (dated March 17), saw that my old login was invalid, (called reservations to get new member number since the letter only had a contract number and I was able to set up a new login account with that member number.) March was the last month we paid maintenance fees.
* April 6 Member cards with new Club Wyndham Plus account number was received.
Note: the use year begins with the next quarter, July 1, 2020.

Thus, the whole process took exactly 2 months.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, you are correct. I started ovations last fall and then cancelled because I hadn’t made My current II resies With last years points.
I just completed them this weekend so I will call again this coming week. Will post how I make out.
Sort of forgot about this.

Called Ovations today Original request 2/26.
They state they emailed doc to me 4/28. Nope.
Resent via email, now to find a socially distant notary

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I think Wyndham is what we will keep, but we are platinum, and a lot of benefits are hard to give up, like the RCI Points' inventory, which is great. I just booked Sands of Kahana with 205,000 Wyndham points + $209 exchange fee. That is a bargain for whale season.

I do not like Shell at all. I used to love Shell but the exchanges through RCI are terribly expensive with Shell points. 2 bedrooms are as much as 6,000 points (X .26 per point + exchange fees). Shell was great through II for discounted points within 60 days and RCI doesn't offer any discounted stays to Shell owners. Someone just started a thread a while back on that, so I checked it out. RCI really hates Shell (the RCI rep for our resort in Colorado told me that) because the Shell people have historically been very disorganized with their deposits to RCI and often deposited way too late. II was probably glad to be rid of Shell.

I am getting rid of a lot of ownerships we have. We own a lot, but it's too much, and I have been banking Wyndham points into next year and now we have a glut of points we need to transfer to RCI. We travel 12-20 weeks a year, plus our kids are all in their 40's and are traveling more and more as they get older. Wyndham fits us well for the availability in RCI points for places we love to travel.

I still love SBP but we have too many of them and will sell some, same with my beloved Pres Villas, which I have in RCI Points. They are fantastic, but I need to cut down on something.

The Marriott's Willow Ridge have superior trading power. I was thinking of selling those but probably will not. Even the little studios trade so well, locking them off is just a no-brainer.

We love WorldMark for Disneyland at Dolphin's Cove or Wyndham Anaheim, and we have been there many times, but some years we do not go at all, and then I rent for my cost, which is fine, except when I cannot get exact dates for people who want to rent. "Oh, don't you have the 6th-13th?" "No, I have the 5th-12th."

hekela1206

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bali Hai
Hello! For those if you that have done this I was hoping for some feedback. I know this post is 4 years old so I am unsure what is still valid.
I own at Bali Hai and I also own at Bluegreen. Bali Hai got behind due to Covid and we finally went back to work and I went to pay my fees and they sent me to collections :(

I called the collection agency and they want almost double of what I owe! I asked if there was any way to waive the fees and there is not...
I did plan on getting rid of this timeshare after I paid the fees for the years I have already deposited into RCI but now I dont want to pay all these fees. Does anyone have suggestions for this? If I had them take it back, would my RCI vacations be voided?
Or is there someone I can talk to for removing these fees

Thanks!

ba2471

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Has anyone used ovations recently? Are re-sale points being considered?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Has anyone used ovations recently? Are re-sale points being considered?
Yes. Most resales qualify for the give back with no cost to you ovations program. There are certain resorts wyndham will not accept. The list can and does change. You need to contact Wyndham and ask if you qualify, this does not obligate you at that point in the process.

ba2471

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Yes. Most resales qualify for the give back with no cost to you ovations program. There are certain resorts wyndham will not accept. The list can and does change. You need to contact Wyndham and ask if you qualify, this does not obligate you at that point in the process.
Thank you. This is encouraging.

KSellers

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I currently hold a few resale CWA points accounts, am I eligible to give back only 1? If I do will I still be able to keep the others? Any insight on what the process of getting rid of CWA accounts looks like?

bellesgirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I contacted them today regarding deeding back a weeks resort that I bought resale. They said the process takes 3-4 months. Has that been your experience?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shell Vacations Wyndham
I contacted them today regarding deeding back a weeks resort that I bought resale. They said the process takes 3-4 months. Has that been your experience?
I wonder if that 3 to 4 months is due to increase in number of people requesting to use this program.