• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Gift of Time Offer for NCV

Dewnay

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if this offer was sent to all Marriott owners or only a selected group.

D.

lovearuba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Probably only sent to select owners

Hi
I havent received one but Marriott sometimes sends them to preferred members first, people that have multiple weeks or may have made referrals so others bought timeshares through them. After that they will reach out and send to others if they still have weeks available. Is the offer giving more than newport coast or are they offering other spots?

davemy

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is no week 53 gift of time for 2009 for resorts that have a fri., sat., sun., check in. When did you get this letter and how much did the weeks cost?

Dewnay

TUG Member
Reaction score
The offer was only for NCV. I received it several days ago and was able to book 12/26/08 - 01/02/09.

This is the content of the email that I received:

Exclusive Owner Offer from Marriott's Newport Coast Villas

Marriott Vacation Club® would like to invite you to experience Newport Coast's spectacular fall and winter while enjoying the benefits of ownership at Marriott's Newport Coast Villas. Newport Coast is a year-round destination and perfect for the traveler who seeks beautiful Pacific Ocean sunsets and all the features of the Pacific's Riviera. Explore fine dining and shopping, walk through the art colony of Laguna Beach or pack a picnic and spend a day on the beach at Crystal Cove. With the opening of the latest phase, Marriott Vacation Club is able to offer a bonus week at Marriott's Newport Coast Villas.

This is an extra week available for occupancy over and above the week(s) you own. See below for details.

As a valued Owner, we are pleased to make these weeks available to you for a low nightly maintenance fee, depending on the season and the selection of either a 4- or 7-night vacation. Each villa will receive a complimentary departure clean; and you may elect to receive a daily tidy for a minimal fee. Below is an outline of the units available:

2-Bedroom Villa

10/13/2008 - 1/01/2009
Monday Arrival (4 Nights Only) $499 plus tax
Fri - Sun Arrival (7 Nights Only) $699 plus tax​

1/7/2009 - 3/12/2009
Monday Arrival (4 Nights Only) $399 plus tax
Fri - Sun Arrival (7 Nights Only) $599 plus tax​

Please note this is a limited-time offer and prices do not include applicable occupancy taxes. We urge you to act now, as availability is limited.

We hope you enjoy The Gift of Time

Please note: All maintenance fees must be current in order to take advantage of this offer. Gift of Time reservations cannot be canceled, changed, listed for rent, split, traded for Marriott Rewards® points, deposited and/or exchanged with Interval International® or any other exchange company. This offer is good for travel between October 13, 2008 - March 12, 2009; Please note this offer is based on availability and that not all arrival dates are available.

Danette

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Gift of Time

I received this about 3 weeks ago and was able to book Dec 22-26. I think there is an earlier thread about the offer here somewhere. We are very excited since we own here and this will be our first stay.

californiagirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
The general MVCI "Gift of time" weeks from prior years were eligible for depositing and trading in II. Before buying one, I specifically asked the person handling the transaction if I could trade and he said I could. I went on to deposit it with II and received a great trade.

I wonder if these are weeks that Marriott owns and rather than banking them with II they are essentially renting them internally to current owners.

calgal

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received this offer on 9/26/08, and I am not an owner at NCV. I have stayed there 3 times, so I must be in the database somehow.

sandesurf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if this offer was sent to all Marriott owners or only a selected group.

D.

Hi, I also had this e-mail offer, and am NOT an NCV owner, nor have I ever stayed there. We do own 1 Marriott bought DSVII and a resale MOC.

Last edited:

Dewnay

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just checked and saw that Xmas Week, Dec 19-26 2008, is available if anyone is interested. PM me if you need the link.

Dewnay

Dewnay

TUG Member
Reaction score
Week 52, Saturday check-in (12/27/08 - 1/3/09) and Sunday check-in (12/28/08 - 1/4/09) are still available.

:cheer:

Last edited:

Retired TSO

Reaction score
I own THREE Marriotts (one direct through Marriott and two on private sale) but did not receive this offer. Is there a contact I can approach for this offer?
Mukesh

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It is most likely geared toward certain geographic locations just like the preview packages are.

Terry

camachinist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's the rate rules (at NCV):

Rate Rules
Additional Information
************************* Gift of Time *************************
* Must be a MVCI Owner and provide owner number at check in
* Must stay 7 nights
* Must arrive on Friday, Saturday or Sunday
* No cancellations and no changes allowed
* Reservations can not be Split, Traded for Marriott
Rewards Points, Listed for Rent, Deposited and/or Exchanged with
Interval International or any other exchange company
* Owner must be current with all maintenance fees
* Non-Commissionable
* Subject to availability
* Not available November 21 - November 28
* Rate does not include applicable city and state taxes
* Rate is per stay and not per night
* No refunds will be given in full or in part

New Year's is still available at NCV. This is a marked departure from the high rates and tight availability only a year or two ago. Signs of the times.

Pat

IuLiKa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got mine also today via Email.
But I got mine for 7 resorts, Newport Coast, 4 in Palm Springs, Las Vegas, and Lake Tahoe.
Only NCV has the New year's week.
J

Last edited: