• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Giant Fish Pulls Woman Under! Tears Chunk Out of Her Leg at Lake Resort

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
It's funny - as a Southern CA girl, I've never been comfortable in a lake, but fine in the ocean. This article didn't help, lol. That poor woman!

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Can’t even go in a lake lol. I’m sticking to pools. Even then you can get a gator in FL lol THATS IT, bathtubs only haha.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Can’t even go in a lake lol. I’m sticking to pools. Even then you can get a gator in FL lol THATS IT, bathtubs only haha.
....Snakes......in bathtubs..........just sayin'

Bunk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Could this be the beginning of a bad movie:
Husband vows revenge: “I might throw a couple of muskie lures in that particular area and see if I can get a little bit of payback,” he said.
How about Beneath 2
1596206359343.png

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is one ugly fish. I have never hear of a fish incident liked that in fresh lake water,

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
That is one ugly fish. I have never hear of a fish incident liked that in fresh lake water,

What fish are you referring to Pedro? The article did not have a picture of a muskie in it, unless I missed it somewhere? The picture beside the photo of her damaged leg, is a picture of the victim from her Facebook profile holding up a walleye from an earlier time. There is a link to another article further down the page showing some unusual teeth and lips of a Malaysian triggerfish, asking if you would kiss it? Neither of those are muskies.

This is what a muskellunge ("muskie") looks like:

Bunk

TUG Member
Reaction score
What fish are you referring to Pedro? ...There is a link to another article further down the page showing some unusual teeth and lips of a Malaysian triggerfish, asking if you would kiss it? Neither of those are muskies.
This is what a muskellunge ("muskie") looks like:

I think it safe to conclude that Pedro would not want to kiss any of the three fish described in this post.

Good use of language in the article:
Because of their rarity, most who manage to catch one [muskies] will release them back into the water after they’ve measured it and taken their obligatory selfie.
As it turns out, the catch-and-release game can go both ways.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
The article said muskies can grow up to 6 feet long and weigh up to 50lbs? Only FIFTY POUNDS of fish did THAT????

I'm with Katherine and CPNY. I don't like swimming in fresh water fishing holes. I can't stand the feel of mud and weeds on any part of my body when I'm in the water. Now I have muskies to worry about???

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
+1

I grew up along the Delaware River; there were large catfish that would feel along your legs. Ewww!
We vacationed to a family home in Biloxi, MS, on the Gulf of Mexico, where my great-uncles taught me the string-ray shuffle. Sometimes we vacationed on the Jersey Shore where there were jellyfish-a-plenty. Moved to San Diego and tried boogie-boarding ... lasted until I saw my first dolphin w/in arm's reach. Nope, I'm outta here.

I'm not a fan of open water swimming.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
+1

I grew up along the Delaware River; there were large catfish that would feel along your legs. Ewww!
We vacationed to a family home in Biloxi, MS, on the Gulf of Mexico, where my great-uncles taught me the string-ray shuffle. Sometimes we vacationed on the Jersey Shore where there were jellyfish-a-plenty. Moved to San Diego and tried boogie-boarding ... lasted until I saw my first dolphin w/in arm's reach. Nope, I'm outta here.

I'm not a fan of open water swimming.
The dolphin mention surprises me. We happened to be very close to a pod of dolphins when snorkeling on Maui and it was the coolest thing ever! I heard them before I saw them. I am fine with the ocean, but the stuff (slimy grasses?) on the bottom of a lake are terrifying to me and there is just no way that I am comfortable swimming there. Friends in Texas took us boating on a lake and for about 4 hours I had to pretend that I was having a good time. It was awful because I was so afraid of cottonmouths, lol.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
I have seen photos of that fish. I still can Google, is that ok. LOL.

Glad to hear it, Pedro!! Since your wording in your initial post didn't make it clear, I just wanted to make sure you knew that neither of the other two fish pics were of a muskie!! I certainly agree that all three of them are ugly and I also have no interest in kissing any of them. LOL!! ;)

On the other hand, I will admit to having been through the ceremony to be inducted as an honourary Newfoundlander. I have therefore been properly "screeched in" and kissed the cod, too!!! :banana:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Plus, my late Father in Law was an avid fisherman in the fresh water lakes in Suffolk, Va.

All of those freshwater fish water fish were ugly with sharp teeth . IMO.

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
The dolphin mention surprises me. We happened to be very close to a pod of dolphins when snorkeling on Maui and it was the coolest thing ever! I heard them before I saw them. I am fine with the ocean, but the stuff (slimy grasses?) on the bottom of a lake are terrifying to me and there is just no way that I am comfortable swimming there. Friends in Texas took us boating on a lake and for about 4 hours I had to pretend that I was having a good time. It was awful because I was so afraid of cottonmouths, lol.
The dolphin took me by surprise. My brain could only process: large, grey aquatic critter ... very close by. At that point, my brain was not functioning fast enough to fully parse threat vs 'delightful encounter.' Reptilian brain kicked in and I made a fast paddle for shore. (FWIW, it was likely the same summer of Jaws release. While I hadn't seen the movie ... it had made significant media attention. And, again, it was my first time trying to body board ... with a brain choke-full of uncomfortable water encounters. Recipe for disaster ... )

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
What fish are you referring to Pedro? The article did not have a picture of a muskie in it, unless I missed it somewhere?
If you click on the "Kim told Global News" link in the article, there is a video and pictures of Muskies. Growing up in northern MN, I've seen several, but never that big!

Kurt

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Muskies get pretty big and have sharp teeth! The biggest one (65lbs) ever caught in Ontario was caught not too far from us in 1988. https://www.musky.ca/ontario-record...ecord Muskie:,Ken's first time Muskie fishing.
DH went on a few fishing trips to Minaki Lodge (very near where the woman was bit) in the 90's when the Ontario Gov't owned the facility. As an employee of a branch of the ON gov't he 'had to attend' several meetings up there. He hooked a few smaller muskies and said they put up a pretty good fight.

~Diane

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
If you click on the "Kim told Global News" link in the article, there is a video and pictures of Muskies. Growing up in northern MN, I've seen several, but never that big!

Kurt

Yup. Having lived in Ontario for most of my life, I have seen the occasional muskie. But they have typically been a maximum of 2 to 3 ft. in length. They are still potentially scary with those sharp teeth!! While attacks on humans are rare, they are certainly not unheard of here.

Bunk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is a video about muskie fishing on the St Lawrence. Look at the size of the Muskie shown between 1:47 and 1:57 on the video.

Greg G

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Star Island Kissimmee FL
Reminds me of the TV series "River Monsters" with Jeremy Wade.