• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Getaway Travelers Inc, Going Places Travel Service, Escrow Holding Management. SCAM

Bostonl13

Reaction score
I was contacted by Going Places Travel Inc (supposedly out of 2180 Satellite Blvd #400 Duluth Georgia 30097) early 2017 (Ron Fuentes, Jacob Diaz, Robert Kistner and also had a fake guarantee signed by David Marple (CEO). Whom are affiliated with Getaway Travelers Inc.(400 Galleria Pkwy SE STE 1500 Atlanta, GA 30339-5953) about a contract to buy my timeshare with a buyer with the name Carlos Arango Zabalegui in Mexico. They were using Escrow Holding Management out of Iselin NJ. (Neil Thompson CEO, Richard Harris, Joey Pennington, Henry Lancaster CFO). They used fake notary public stamps and false guarantees to steal a lot of money from me. This took place over the course of a year and just recently a US Bank verified their fraudulent forms used to trick me and I'm sure many others. If you are involved with any of these companies I would steer clear. As with others they promised no money up front but that soon ended with requests that continued for over a year.

The forms used were good enough to fool me for a very long time and I'm just sharing to hopefully prevent anyone else becoming victim to these lowlifes. My only wish is to see Karma serve them what they asked for.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I was contacted by Going Places Travel Inc (supposedly out of 2180 Satellite Blvd ...... wish is to see Karma serve them what they asked for.

Unfortunately -

THEY CONTACTED YOU = SCAM

FYI - once one scammer has your contact information - they “ all “do .
you will be called or contacted again - 100% guaranteed.

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing. There are 2-3 posts similar to yours per week. People are asking if someone wanting to buy their Mexican timeshare for a lot of money could possibly be legitimate. It never is. The people who do this have no decency and no scruples. But, they are very good at what they do. We can refer new inquiries about the subject to your post. It may "save a life."

M Stephens

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, DIAMOND,FAVC
Thank you for your post! I have been receiving calls from a company/site called travelstore1987 with the same message. Beware!

repdock

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. The companies offering to buy my condo include Thomas Cook Travel, My High Life Travels, Allied Business Solutions, World Travel,and Alpha Rooms. Anybody have dealings with any of them?

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. The companies offering to buy my condo include Thomas Cook Travel, My High Life Travels, Allied Business Solutions, World Travel,and Alpha Rooms. Anybody have dealings with any of them?

If they call you it's a scam!

If they offer you more than it's worth it's a scam!

If they want money up front (maybe hidden as some form of Government Tax) it's a scam.

Don't fall for it and just run. By the way, if you have a timeshare in Mexico it's worth nothing anyways, so don't be convinced otherwise.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC

These scammers are really good at what they do. However, you are not going to find any real person who will have positive things to say because they are truly scams and not even new scams. They have been around for years with only the name of the “company” changing. They like to use real company names, or something similar, to confuse people. They even sometimes go to great lengths to fraudulently reactivate dormant corporations and use that name so they look legit.

While the scammers can hide behind familiar names they can’t fake that their websites will all be new, sometimes only weeks old. These are considered throwaway websites because they will use it until word gets out that they are scamming and then they close up and start again with a new name.

Let’s look at the first one you name, Thomas Cook Travel. This is a well known name that people would recognize. However, Thomas Cook liquidated in 2019 and is no longer is business. Something these scammers may not have known or maybe they are hoping their victims don’t know that they are out of business.

There were multiple people who responded to your post two days ago that they were scams. Nothing has changed, it is still a scam. The scammers hope that the thought of receiving $200,000 will cloud their victim’s judgement, and it works often enough that the scammers have been doing this for years. This thread is the same one @Iggyearl posted to your other thread from two days ago. The OP’s story should be a warning if you decide to move forward because your experience will go exactly like that guy who lost “a lot of money” over a year’s time.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Orlando, Sedona; attempted Club Wyndham access with True Vacation Solutions
Alpharooms, James Harless, Alex Manuso, stole 30,000$ from me. they used a person disguised as an ATTNY in New York, Jeffrey Johnson. After all my reporting the the AG, DA, attorney grievance committee, as well as the State AG in NY, and the Mexican Consulate in Phoenix, NOTHING- NONE of these agencies did a thing!!! BEWARE OF ALPHAROOMS, AND BEWARE OF JEFFREY JOHNSON. DO NOT DO ANY DEAL WITH MEXICO EVEN IF THERE IS A FAKE ATTORNEY!!!