• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Garza Blanca Puerto Vallarta

BRD

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Vacation Club
The resort looks beautiful.
How is the location? How far to town is it?
It looks like it is AI optional. We like to eat most dinner off property.
I usually stay at Club Regina or one of the Mayan properties. How does this compare.
Any information on this resort would be great as I am considering doing a RCI trade in the future.

Thanks so much!

Bao Nguyen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villa Del Palmar

TTSDavid

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
TheTravelSecret
I love this place. Been there many times with my kiddos. The way it is laid out, it makes it feel like a small boutique hotel and the view from most of the rooms is just spectacular.
The food and service are also amazing.

What i like the most is that it is near the Malecon, which means you are very close to the city center, but at the same time it is in a secluded area nestled on a mountainside, on the water surrounded by beautiful vegetation. We usually stay at the hotel during the day and go out for dinner and drinks, which is what you want to do, so the location makes it perfect for that.

If you are used to driving north from the airport to go to the Nuevo Vallarta Mayan properties, to get to this hotel you need to go south from the airpot and drive about 25-30min across town to reach the other end of the bay, but it's never a big deal. In fact, just last year we went to the Grand Bliss at Nuevo Vallarta and then to the Garza Blanca a few months after. It makes it feel like a whole different vacation, even though you are still in the Puerto Vallarta area.

I've been there for weddings and have also sent a bunch of people who have asked me and they all come back with a big smile. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Reach out if you have more questions, i'd be happy to help!

Goldi

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed there in Oct 2019. We really enjoyed our stay there. The pools are fantastic and the views are incredible. You will need to take a taxi to go into town. We went into town each evening for dinner. It's about a 10 - 15 minute drive into town.

BRD

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Vacation Club
Thank you so much for the great information!
How much is the all inclusive? How much are taxi's to town?

BRD

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Vacation Club
Also, it looks as though there is an Adults only building but RCI does not exchange into that area. Has anyone upgraded to be on that side.

Don't get me wrong, I love kids but for this particular trip they will not be traveling with me.

SciTchr

TUG Member
Reaction score
We took an RCI trade into Garza Blanca three years ago and loved our time there. We had a huge oceanfront one bedroom with a wrap around lanai. There was even a hammock on the balcony. The pool was crowded with few loungers to be had unless you got out there very early. We preferred the beach, which has sugar soft sand. They have built a small jetty to create a safe swimming area. It was easy to snorkel around it and into the bay. They have SUPs for you to use, as well as kayaks. Take the group kayak trip to Los Arcos with your snorkel gear. They have gear for you there, too, if you don’t bring your own. It was very fun. We never do AI, so we ate at the restaurant several times plus lunches. Good and not unreasonable in price. We more often took Uber into town for meals at our favorite spots. It’s not super close, but is easy to do. I wouldn't worry about kids in your building. The buildings are like big condos and you wont be bothered in your room. Pool might be different, but when we were there, it was mainly adults. Here are a couple of photos of the beach and one side of our lanai.
1595690502522.jpeg

1595690294388.jpeg

Last edited:

SciTchr

TUG Member
Reaction score
A few more pictures of Garza Blanca. Sorry the interior shots are so dark.
P1020362.jpg
P1020363.jpg
IMG_8513.jpg
IMG_8522.jpg
IMG_8518.jpg
P1020372.jpg

Goldi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the great information!
How much is the all inclusive? How much are taxi's to town?
We didn't do the all inclusive. I think it was a $240 person per day. We used uber to go into town. It was about $7 each way.
We had a studio with 2 queen beds and a balcony right on the water. Our view was like you see in Sci Tchr pictures. I'll bet you could see whales from the balcony if you were there during whale season.
There was a wet bar with a mini refrig as you came in the door. The studio was very spacious.
RCI has a 1 in 4 rule for Garza Blanca. We'll have to wait awhile before we can go back.

SciTchr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, Goldi, on that pesky 1 in 4 rule. We went in 2017, so we are good for 2021. For us, AI is not a good use of our money. The price is so high that we would never feel comfortable spending that much. Plus, Puerto Vallarta is a food mecca!! We have so many favorite restaurants and we can never get to them all in one 3 week trip. But, is is nice to stay home some nights and relax, so having a restaurant on site is very good.

Warmwishes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, just started my Timeshare education. What is the 1 in 4 rule and who would it apply to? I am looking at picking up a Garza resale that states, RCI, The Registry Collection Affiliated. How can I know if that applies?
Thanks

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Hi, just started my Timeshare education. What is the 1 in 4 rule and who would it apply to? I am looking at picking up a Garza resale that states, RCI, The Registry Collection Affiliated. How can I know if that applies?
Thanks

Unfortunately, resales revert to a regular timeshare, most likely a Villa del Palmar PV home resort. So there are no resales.

Bill

Warmwishes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, resales revert to a regular timeshare, most likely a Villa del Palmar PV home resort. So there are no resales.

I am not sure I understand, are you saying there is no such thing as a Garza resale, I have seen many Garza resales listed on various sites?
I have also been told, Villa del Palmar PV, is no longer directly associated with Garza Blanca.
Is my information inaccurate?

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What I thought was that Garza Blanca Resorts is a separate business entity from UVCI but is a Taffer Resort. Taffer Resorts is a partner and owner of the Villa Group Resorts. The Loreto resort is owned by Owen Perry who was a developer for the Villa Group.

So yes, there are different owners but they were all associates of the the Villa Group and Taffer. They all use a point system regarding sales. The point system they use stipulates that resales of their point system revert to a regular timeshare week which will strip away the benefits of the product. This kind of makes the resale worthless, imo.

Regarding Garza Blanca, I'm not certain exactly sure how or where the point reversion works. It seems to go by contract codes so the first two numbers of the contract identify the home resort reversion.

Bill

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
We went to Garza Blanca in February, right before Covid got out of control and people still thought you could only get it in China. That seems like ages ago!

Many people who visit GB love it so I had high expectations. I did not love it as much as I expected. The room was very nice. We got a 2 BR on the hill with a panoramic ocean view. We did not do AIC but we ate at all the restaurants. There are only a few restaurants so not enough variety for a week. I thought the food was okay. I felt like the town was a bit far away but it sounds like others do not think so. I did not have a car so I do not know where we could have gotten food for the room. The onsite market only sells candy, chips, ice cream and things like that. Frankly, I preferred Grand Luxxe/Vidanta. The rooms are equivalent but there is more to do on site and more places to eat. I did like that you can kayak on the little beach there and go all the way to the arches. The beach at Vidanta is not usable. I would agree with someone who posted above that GB feels like a boutique hotel.

Warmwishes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, easyrider, sorry newbie here, when a resale reverts to a regular timeshare what is generally kept and what benefits are usually lost?

Murray

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Villa points revert to a Puerto Vallarta or Cabo San Lucas home resort with a floating week in a unit that would have been the same size as the point package. Even so, the contract code would give the resale contract access to more than just the Villa Resorts.

A floating winter week in the Villa Group in a premiere membership has a mf of about $570 for a one bedroom. The cost of the resale point reversion would likely be the mf on the original cost of he point package. So a one bedroom winter week mf would be more like $950+. The point resale contract also looses the inventory set aside for them and other perks.

I have only been to a couple of presentations for the Garza Blanca. I have seen the locations in Cabo's corridor and south of PV and wasn't impressed with either location.

My other thought is that because of the Covid dealio and declining sales the Garza Blanca will need to open to Villa Group members. This would devalue the Garza Blanca memberships in the same way gold memberships devalued premiere and access points devalued gold memberships.

Bill

wayne1

TUG Member
Reaction score
The resort looks beautiful.
How is the location? How far to town is it?
It looks like it is AI optional. We like to eat most dinner off property.
I usually stay at Club Regina or one of the Mayan properties. How does this compare.
Any information on this resort would be great as I am considering doing a RCI trade in the future.

Thanks so much!

I took tour here and promoter of tour refused to give me 150 for tour. Manager David made call and did nothing to resolve problem or get me money.

Never take tour or buy here