• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Galleon

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Headed to the Galleon in 2 weeks. Confirmed into a 2 bedroom unit but there is no unit number listed on the RCI confirmation. Is there a particular building I should request for the best location?
Thanks
Lisa

Last edited:

JeffW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Depends what you want to look at. I've never had any units with marina views (bldg's D,E,F). I've been in bldg A, that was okay. Best view I thought was B, overlooking the pool, with views of the Hyatt hotel next store, the ocean, and I think some decent sunset pictures.

Jeff

carlrocky

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The higher up the better. This was such a good location. We loved this place.Easy walk to Duval street. key west is such a cool happening place. The acts at the Docks were great. What wonderful entertainers those guys are. With the crowds it would be an easy place to get your pocket picked. The tours of Key West in those trolley type buses are a great way to see the area. We rented bikes and had a ball. They have a night stargazer cruise that was really neat. They pointed out all the stars with a laser pointer. You cant help but have a fun trip in Key West. There are huge Tarpon in that quiet marina water 5 to 6 footers, really surprised me.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
we will be there on the 15th for a week. which date do you have Lisa?

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
checking in on the 22nd

We will be there for Thanksgiving week. Looking forward to it!

maddaug

TUG Member
Reaction score

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
thanks for the tip, any more tips out there?

Last edited:

MIDTWNBOY2

Reaction score
fraud

We have owned a Timeshare at Galleon Bay Club for ten years which is managed by ICS Management. This year we received our owners invoice which had several new charges. One particular was a Property Tax Debt for $1095.31. This caused us to call the Cameron County tax office and found out that ICS management had not been paying the property taxes for several years. Due to this delinquent tax debt Cameron county was putting the property up for auction. Now ICS management is trying to force owners to pay their taxes from the past years AGAIN or face foreclosure. Also they have nearly doubled the 2012 maintenance fee compared to past years. This year our owner invoice is for $3095.31 which usually runs around $800. They are however in lieu of paying these fraudulent charges offering owners the chance to deed back their timeshare to ICS. Our deed is paid in full and we have always paid our taxes as billed. Now ICS management is tiring to scam owners into paying their taxes twice. They pocketed or mismanaged the money we had paid prior. This is embezzlement someone should go to jail ! Also make complaints to the BBB.

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Similar name - different properties

We have owned a Timeshare at Galleon Bay Club for ten years which is managed by ICS Management.

The original post was about "The Galleon" in Key West, FL.

The "Galleon Bay Club" you're referring to is in South Padre Island, TX.

shagnut

TUG Member
Reaction score
How horrible!!I would roll over in my grave:ignore: I loved the Galleon. It was one of my fav vacations. I was lucky and got a last minute 2br that looked right over the ocean.

If they still have this we did a jet ski trip around the island. It was very reasonable compared to what it cost to rnt one for an hour. We also enjoyed the Hemingway House They were supposed to be 40 cats there and Kelli tried to find them all.

Of course Mallory Square is happening. It's a wonderful place to visit!!

shaggy

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
How horrible!!I would roll over in my grave:ignore: I loved the Galleon. It was one of my fav vacations. I was lucky and got a last minute 2br that looked right over the ocean.

If they still have this we did a jet ski trip around the island. It was very reasonable compared to what it cost to rnt one for an hour. We also enjoyed the Hemingway House They were supposed to be 40 cats there and Kelli tried to find them all.

Of course Mallory Square is happening. It's a wonderful place to visit!!

shaggy

Shaggy - The Galleon that Midtownboy is commenting on is located in Texas. The Galleon in Key West is not being accused of fraud and will be there should you get lucky again.

Knobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unit Location

There is only one bldg. to NOT stay in...G ... the rest have their own positives and negatives...dictated by your own tastes. Usually the C bldg. is hardest to get due to more people wanting to view the sunset from their balcony. But A ~ F are fun for pool .. boating ... and people watching.
You'll have a blast..but if you really do want to try to "request" a bldg. .. call about 1-2 weeks before you arrive. Good luck!

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
And don't expect any more than a non-polite stare when you check in and mention your requests. That was our experience and we were put in a unit with a stunning view of ... the back of the shed housing the pool equipment.

Frankly, if you're spending that much time in your unit that your view is going to make or break your holiday, you're in the wrong place!! Way too much going on in Key West to hang around home and the resort itself has what I thought was the best location in town. We had a great time.

retailman

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were there the end of Jan in Building A Third floor.
Nice unit with great weather. rained only one night. Had a great time.

shagnut

TUG Member
Reaction score
Shaggy - The Galleon that Midtownboy is commenting on is located in Texas. The Galleon in Key West is not being accused of fraud and will be there should you get lucky again.

:annoyed: :annoyed: Boy am I glad, but I feel like an idiot. I still think it's a shame what happened tho. shaggy

ran-ran

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I stayed in D22 in December, the second floor facing the marina with its own spiral staircase to the marina in addition to the main entrance. You can also read my review in the resort database.

Great spot, enjoy!