• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Frustrated buyers remorse with Wyndham

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
I have been reviewing some of the resales and the prices. Im blown away. I assume they just want out and dont want maintenance fees any longer? I can purchase resale points for basically nothing and then I would be the full time owner and just pick up the maintenance fees? Do these resale purchases have all the same privileges? I understand that they wouldnt count as developer and wouldnt be totaled to gather VIP access, but otherwise, just normal vacations and bookings?
Thanks.
Exactly. That’s why the mantra here is Rescind, Research, buy Resale.

1Melanie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Midtown 45, Santa Barbara, Avenue Plaza
I have been reviewing some of the resales and the prices. Im blown away. I assume they just want out and dont want maintenance fees any longer? I can purchase resale points for basically nothing and then I would be the full time owner and just pick up the maintenance fees? Do these resale purchases have all the same privileges? I understand that they wouldnt count as developer and wouldnt be totaled to gather VIP access, but otherwise, just normal vacations and bookings?
Thanks.
You get the maintenance fees but none of the privileges anymore. (You could at one time.) But points are points as long as you don’t mind the maintenance fees. Good if you have to plan 10 months out. More if you book your home resort. Depending on your ownership goals, you may find yourself getting more of each type of points and sometimes trading in retail for upgrades then offloading resale (like on eBay or simply giving them away) when your membership is high enough and the discounts give you the same usage but with lower maintenance fees. When you have more flexibility and are able to travel whenever you want, discounted retail points can stretch your usage out quite a ways. Many of us add our adult children to our accounts to save on guest confirmations and to insure continuity of usage by family members without them having to go thru the expense of growing their own portfolios. Many probably just dump them because they’re just tired of it or can no longer afford the MFs or have no one they want to give them to or even want them. We make sure our kids are active participants and even go to owner updates. It helps that they understand the value of what they’ve become a part of and how to use it so they too can enjoy many more years of memory creation for themselves and their families when we no longer can.

GrandmaGail

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Hilton
I have a Club Wyndham deeded developer's contract and I recently purchased a resale Club Wyndham access contract with a small amount of points to give us more booking flexibility and to add my children as owners on the account. After almost 6 months, Wyndham finally processed the paperwork and the new contract has been added to our account. However today I noticed I had 0 points in my current use year, and found that Wyndham had changed the use year on my deeded contract from April 1 - March 3 to that of the access contract which is October 1 - September 30. This cheats me out of 6 months worth of points on my deeded contract. I spent 3 hours on the phone with Wyndham today getting bounced to 6 different people. I finally talked with someone in owner resolution who promised to open a case for me, but I don't have much confidence in getting this resolved. I've tried finding contact info for the current CEO of Club Wyndham, but I'm coming up with Michael Brown and no email or contact info. Has anyone had any luck in escalating to him, and with what contact info?

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
I have a Club Wyndham deeded developer's contract and I recently purchased a resale Club Wyndham access contract with a small amount of points to give us more booking flexibility and to add my children as owners on the account. After almost 6 months, Wyndham finally processed the paperwork and the new contract has been added to our account. However today I noticed I had 0 points in my current use year, and found that Wyndham had changed the use year on my deeded contract from April 1 - March 3 to that of the access contract which is October 1 - September 30. This cheats me out of 6 months worth of points on my deeded contract. I spent 3 hours on the phone with Wyndham today getting bounced to 6 different people. I finally talked with someone in owner resolution who promised to open a case for me, but I don't have much confidence in getting this resolved. I've tried finding contact info for the current CEO of Club Wyndham, but I'm coming up with Michael Brown and no email or contact info. Has anyone had any luck in escalating to him, and with what contact info?
Michael.brown@travelandleisure.com or michael.brown@wyn.com

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
Thank you for the info. I stressed some of those exact points, but when you are sitting at the meetings, they always seem to get me to 2nd guess myself. I really appreciate your insight.

Stop going to sales presentations. Period. Never attend another one for the rest of your life. Laugh at them if they ask.

kanerf

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a mixture of resale and retail points and Gold Status in Wyndham. The only value in Wyndham is actually using the points for stays. I will book a stay with developer points and sometimes be able to cancel and rebook closer in and get a discounted stay. I used to be able to do that with all my points, but no more. Do not buy Wyndham for trades or discounts, the only value is in stays. If there is a resort that you like and can get into, it can be worth it.