• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Frightening flight costs to St. Maarten..Help..

christsh

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just confirmed a week in St. Maarten(12/23-12/29/2006) and YIKES! Are flights out of Minneapolis going to cost us 900.-1000 dollars? I am just figuring out this timeshare thing...now I think I have to work on figuring out how to use the airlines systems to my advantage.
I know it is a holiday time , but is this really what I should plan on paying or should I give it time.?
Isn't there something about 320 days out for airlines?
Will someone please help? I could fly to Hawaii for less...
Thanks
Michelle :eek: :eek:

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
christsh said:
I just confirmed a week in St. Maarten(12/23-12/29/2006) and YIKES! Are flights out of Minneapolis going to cost us 900.-1000 dollars? I am just figuring out this timeshare thing...now I think I have to work on figuring out how to use the airlines systems to my advantage.
I know it is a holiday time , but is this really what I should plan on paying or should I give it time.?
Isn't there something about 320 days out for airlines?
Will someone please help? I could fly to Hawaii for less...
Thanks
Michelle :eek: :eek:

Nothing really unusual about very expensive flights during Christmas week. It is very doubtfull there will be any sales that week. Any time you fly during a holiday week you are going to pay a lot more than usual.

Many of the airlines flight schedules come out 330 days in advance.

Spence

Banned
Reaction score
I went to St Marteen (SXM) the same week at Xmas '04 and the prices were sky high $900, like you are seeing. I ended up saving a couple of hundred dollars per ticket by buying seperate tickets; roundtrip to San Juan (SJU) then an island hopper SJU-SXM-SJU.

silverfox82

TUG Member
Reaction score
jfk/sxm

The normal fare from jfk/sxm for march has been less than $600. I've been watching it for friends who booked it for $701 and it's all over the place since, yesterday it was $1049.75. I don't know whats up with sxm fares because I booked myself during the same time frame to aruba for $357, go figure. If you book on american you can get a refund or voucher for the difference if the price goes down on international flights. If you can get to jfk cheaply there are many cheap flights to sju and as in a previous post a puddle jumper to sxm. Caribbean sun and liat have requent flights, last time I did it the fare was around $150 rt. good luck

silverfox82

TUG Member
Reaction score
looking around

Just tried a couple of things to see if I could get the price down. 1st was msp/jfk $149 AA rt then jet blue jfk/sju but they are only quoting prices thru sept but it's been my experience that their off peak prices are generally cheap and guesstimating $150 for liat you come in around $600 but 3 different airlines, probably an overnight somewhere to take advantage of the off peak flights, I wouldn't do it. 2nd msp/sju thru atlanta $523 + the puddle jumper $150. If you left on friday the 22nd and did an overnight in sju then you could get an early flight on the 23rd to sxm and arrive fresh. One of the pleasures of living near JFK (perhaps the only one) is we can get nonstops almost everywhere so we really don't deal with scheduling like this too often, once again, good luck