• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

FreshFoodsVI at Frenchman's Cove

cbdmvci

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Beachplace Towers
Marriott Aruba Ocean Club
Has anyone used this new online grocery delivery service in St. Thomas.

Are their prices substantially higher than those at PriceSmart or Gourmet Gallery?

What is the quality of their produce?

NYFLTRAVELER

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used this new online grocery delivery service in St. Thomas.

Are their prices substantially higher than those at PriceSmart or Gourmet Gallery?

What is the quality of their produce?

What is this service? We will be traveling there soon and plan on bringing non-perishables with us.....

cbdmvci

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Beachplace Towers
Marriott Aruba Ocean Club
Link

Here's the link.

cove.FreshFoodsVI.com

I'm going to Frenchman's Cove on Sunday ... and I still haven't decided if I will order there or not.

It sure look convenient.

But we have a car rented for our stay, so there is no reason for us to pay a premium price for the groceries over just going to one of the supermarkets.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
the ads for this place are up all over the resort, so im guessing they have a very friendly relationship (and are well utilized)

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
This article is from 2013: http://lifeinusvi.com/dreenas-farm-st-thomas/

Has anyone ever visited a local farmer's market on St. Thomas?

The farmers markets in STT are not what you are used to in the states. There are several spots around the island where you see folks selling produce by the roadside but most of them are not well stocked or very permanent. The one across from the Pueblo by Yacht Haven Grand meets about twice a month on a Sunday and it's about the closest thing to a farmers market they have in STT.

STT is not known for it's locally grown produce. There is not a lot of farmland there. If you are staying at MFC or the Reef hotel complex I'd shop at the Fruit Bowl. The produce is fresh, the salad bar is great and they have a small butcher section.

Janette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last year we walked into our unit as they were filling our refrig with groceries. We were rather shocked as we had not ordered them. I wonder what would have happened had we not walked in at that time. They looked good.

fdough1

Reaction score
Used freshfoods VI last May at the Cove for stuff like milk, eggs, some veggies, water,etc. Brought all our meat, condiments, etc. Since we didn't have a car this was convenient and not too much more than going out to grocery store.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NYFLTRAVELER

TUG Member
Reaction score
Used freshfoods VI last May at the Cove for stuff like milk, eggs, some veggies, water,etc. Brought all our meat, condiments, etc. Since we didn't have a car this was convenient and not too much more than going out to grocery store.

How did you transport your food without spoilage?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
How did you transport your food without spoilage?

I have read about a lot of people taking meats and other items when traveling. Usually to the USVI or Bahamas. As long as the meat is frozen before leaving, it is likely to still be frozen when you get there. Or only partially thawed. It would still be fine. Not recommended to refreeze, but it should still keep in a refrigerator for up to a week.

NYFLTRAVELER

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have read about a lot of people taking meats and other items when traveling. Usually to the USVI or Bahamas. As long as the meat is frozen before leaving, it is likely to still be frozen when you get there. Or only partially thawed. It would still be fine. Not recommended to refreeze, but it should still keep in a refrigerator for up to a week.

Seems risky and too much of a hassle. Its one thing to bring items like breakfast bars, oatmeal packets, chips, etc.... Another thing to haul meats and items which can spoil, particularly with the possibility of travel delays, etc.

We are heading there shortly and will grab a few items from the market but anticipate eating breakfasts in the room and lunch/dinners out

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Seems risky and too much of a hassle. Its one thing to bring items like breakfast bars, oatmeal packets, chips, etc.... Another thing to haul meats and items which can spoil, particularly with the possibility of travel delays, etc.

We are heading there shortly and will grab a few items from the market but anticipate eating breakfasts in the room and lunch/dinners out

I think travel delays would be my biggest concern with bringing any kind of perishable. People do it though. I probably wouldn't bother with it myself. I know some people bring boxed or processed food items and then buy the protein add ins on the islands. I would be more inclined to just budget the additional grocery cost in to my trip. Since restaurants are having to pay similarly higher food costs, eating in the unit, even with groceries bought on the island, is going to be cheaper than eating out every night.

fdough1

Reaction score
So you freeze the meat and right before you leave for airport you individually wrap in newspaper and pack them tightly in a good rolling cooler. Left about 7am and by the time we checked in to resort was about 2pm. Still frozen solid. Put them in hotel freezer while we waited for our room. Really was no hassle and worked great. Go to tripadvisor and search their Frenchmen's cove forum.