• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Frequent Flyer Miles

cguardia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it possible to transfer miles One Pass Miles from one person to another? Or from Northwest to Continental?

Thanks.........

lvhmbh

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can't transfer onepass to another person. You can use them for another person's ticket, however. If Northwest is a partner you can transfer them easily. Linda

cguardia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Linda,

What would be the process to transfer from Northwest to Continental?

Again,
Thanks.

Poobah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Transfer of Miles

I don't believe you can transfer miles between frequent flyer programs. The NWA site allows you to transfer miles but only to people that are part of the NWA WorldPerks. It costs a penny a mile and there is a limit of 10000 miles a year.

You can fly on a partner and get the miles credited to another partner, but once they are there, they are there. You can use NWA FF miles to book on a partner, but I don't think you can combine miles between programs to get a FF ticket.

The best thing to do is establish one account as the primary account and get everything credited to it.

I may be totally wrong here and maybe there is a way, but there was nothing obvious on the NWA website. Why not just call NWA and/or CA and find out. Please post the result.

Cheers,

Paul

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
You don't have to transfer from NW to CO. They are partners so you can use NW miles to book a CO flight.

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
There have been various ways from time to time to launder miles from one program to another through a third party, often a hotel milage program, but most of those are history, and most involved a significant loss in milage value in the process. The best one was to launder CO miles to UA via Amtrak, which could be done on a one for one basis, but that ended long ago.

Your CO miles can be used at full value on any of their partners, including NW, DL, Air France, Alitalia, CSA Czech, and Aeromexico. You have to book the flights on those airlines through the CO program, however.

cguardia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Because I am a frugal traveler, (Dina says cheap), we booked the lowest costing flight, that matches our scheduled). We live near a regional airport which is limited to airlines, NWA, CO Delta, and now AA. However, 9 out of 10, NWA or CO will be provide the lowest fares. However ½ of those 9 times will be Co and the other ½ will be NWA.

Now, after all that explanation, since NWA & CO are partners, can I use miles from NWA & miles from CO at the same time to book 1 ticket?

Thanks for all the advice. It is really great to have a group to help with these questions.

Loriannf

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can transfer CO miles to another person

Although I think it helps if they're your spouse. I just transferred 10,000 miles from my husband's OnePass account to mine. Be advised, though, that it costs $15 per 1000 miles transferred. Still, that $150 was alot cheaper than the ticket from Detroit to St. Thomas. We also transferred AMEX miles into his Continental account so there would be enough miles 2 tickets, then transferred the additional 10K to my account to get mine up to the 70,000 I needed for the tickets. We needed 3 tickets, and unfortunately had to get the 70,000 miles/ticket Easy Pass tickets because we can never plan a year ahead.

Lori

Poobah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Transfering Miles

cguardia,

What the posts are saying is: you can't combine CO miles and NWA miles into a free ticket. You can't move miles between the different airlines even if they are partners. Since NWA and CO are partners, however, you can fly on one and get your miles credited to the other.

What you need to do is fly NWA or CO and get the miles credited to the same account, say the CO account, and build it up the free ticket level and then switch to the NWA account and get it built up to the free ticket level. After that you need to decide which account you are going to always use and credit all your flight miles after that to that one account whether you fly NWA or CO.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Paul

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Between those two NW has a much better ff program than CO. On Flyertalk, CO's program is often labeled ''Nonepass''. Some of CO's lower fare classes do NOT give you all of your miles. NW gives full miles on all fare classes. NW also gives 50% bonus miles to their lowest tier elites compared to 25% at CO.

Until recently, an even better option would have been another airline that is a partner of both NW and CO, Air France. AF had a lower qualification for its mid-tier elite, and mid-tier elites received airport lounge access for all of its partner carriers. However, when AF merged its program with KLM's, it ''enhanced'' it to where I would stick with a US carrier now. The lounge access benefit, for example was deleted for their US-based members. Actually the best benefits in that program are for members living anywhere but France or the US.

roadsister

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
cguardia said:
Does anyone know if it possible to transfer miles One Pass Miles from one person to another? Or from Northwest to Continental?

Thanks.........
Not sure if I understand but I have transfered miles between airlines with points.com

lvhmbh

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I wanted to use my onepass miles to fly one of their partner airlines I simply called Onepass and they took care of transferring the miles. Yes, you CAN use miles in Onepass to fly with NWA as they are partners. Please call Onepass to confirm but I've done it many times. Linda

And actually, one time I transferred AMEX Reward Miles into Onepass and then Onepass used them for upgrades on one of their partner airlines.

Poobah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Transfer of Miles

I think we are getting confused here. You can use One Pass Miles to book a FF seat on a partner, but I think cguardia is asking another question. :confused:

What cguardia wants to do, if I understand the post correctly, is to combine miles from One Pass and NWA to get a FF seat. In other words, take 10000 miles from the OnePass account and transfer it into an NWA account with 15000 miles in it and get a FF seat on NWA for 25000 miles. You can not do this.

What cguardia's problem is that the earned FF miles are spread over two airlines, albeit partners, and he/she would like to transfer them all into one airline and this is a no-no.

I called NWA and confirmed this. I didn't call CO because I don't fly them.

Cheers,

Paul

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott's Shadow Ridge Enclaves
Resort In Cocoa Beach, FL
I am now confused with the postings. I just transferred miles from my daughter's One Pass account into mine at $15 per 1,000. This feature just started in February where you can transfer miles anytime. The miles cannot be transferred to other code share partners. I tried to transfer miles last year to Delta, which codes shares with CO. You can transfer Amercian Express miles to the One Pass account. If I still have this wrong, please correct me.

Poobah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Transfer of Miles

hajjah,

You are correct, :) you can transfer miles between FF accounts within the same airline. NWA has this feature as well. You cannot transfer/combine miles into FF accounts between different airlines albeit they may be partners.

The credit card thing is a whole different ball game.

Cheers,

Paul