• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

French Lick Villas which is better 2 bedroom 6/8 or 2 bedroom lock off 8/8

northovr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thinking about reserving at French Lick Villas. 2 bedroom 6/8 looks like it has a 2 bedrooms up stairs in the loft with a Jacuzzi tub bathroom and sauna downstairs. 2 bedroom 8/8 is one bedroom unit downstairs and one bedroom unit upstairs. any info on this type would be appreciated. Does the lock off have the sauna?

Thanks
Daniel Northover

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
It has been many years since we were there. We had a 2 bedroom (1 up, 1 down) plus an upper loft area unit. It was not a lock-off, just 1 whole townhouse style unit. My in-laws came with us, they had the main floor bedroom, DH & I had the 2nd floor bedroom & our 3 kids had the loft area (pull-out couch & an air-mattress). That place had the biggest kitchen with the most cupboard/counter space of any timeshare we have ever stayed in. My MiL & I could both work in the kitchen & not be in each others way at all, and there was tons of cupboard space for groceries for the week. We really enjoyed our stay.

On a funny side note, when we invited my in-laws & told them the name of the place my MiL asked if it was an adult only place (due to the name)-Haha!

~Diane

ssreward

TUG Member
Reaction score
On a funny side note, when we invited my in-laws & told them the name of the place my MiL asked if it was an adult only place (due to the name)-Haha!

~Diane

As a Hoosier, I laughed too hard at this!! :D Sauna sounds great too, I'm also curious if the lockout have them.

gerena

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thinking about reserving at French Lick Villas. 2 bedroom 6/8 looks like it has a 2 bedrooms up stairs in the loft with a Jacuzzi tub bathroom and sauna downstairs. 2 bedroom 8/8 is one bedroom unit downstairs and one bedroom unit upstairs. any info on this type would be appreciated. Does the lock off have the sauna?

Thanks
Daniel Northover
I don't know if you have visited yet, but we just returned yesterday. There are lots and lots of stairs/ramps getting into some of the units, so beware. If this is a problem, inquire first. They will tell you the units with no stairs and you can match it up with RCI (although RCI gives you static telling you they don't know--but be persistent) The 8/6 is one huge unit. The one we had had 2 BD's and a bath upstairs and a bath down. There was also a loft with bed and a sleeper-sofa in the living room. We have been there 5 times once with an 8/8 and the rest 8/6. We would rather have the 8/6 as it is one entrance and more like a house. The 8/8 are two separate entrances once you get inside the main entrance. The upper BD did have a whirlpool if I remember. There is lots of storage in the kitchen.They resort is showing its age and needs TLC. It is clean, but needs groundskeepers and some Old English!
The lock off--upstairs (don't know whether it is A or B) has a very nice bedroom and decent sized LR, but the kitchen is very small and no dishwasher. Of course there are restaurants in the village and surrounding areas.