• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Freeze on 2 California Worldmark resorts

marg2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently started a search on 2 wine country Worldmark resorts (Windsor and Clear Lake) in California for June 2006, only to be told that these two resorts have a freeze on exchanges/searches. We were told we could not add these resorts to our list of those to be searched. I know we haven't given ourselves much time to hope for a successful exchange into one of these resorts, but we can do nothing but try.

What does this "freeze" mean, and why would these resorts put a freeze on exchanges? Why can't I continue to search these resorts, should one of them all of a sudden become 'unfrozen'?

Thanks!

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
marg2,

If a resort has a major maintenance issue they need to attend to, we may agree not to make new exchanges for a time to allow the resort to effect repairs. A Guide might refer to this as a "freeze."

Please send an e-mail to feedback@rci.com and enter TUG in the subject line. The Communications Team may be able to shed some light.

kjsgrammy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any further news on this? I was going to check into WorldMark Wine Country Clear Lake as a possible place to stay for 2006 also, but if nothing is going to come up, then I'm not even going to bother with this resort.

marg2

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were told, I think by RCI, that the freeze on exchanges back in January, when I originally posted this question, had to do with storm-related flooding that occurred in wine country in December. Despite the freeze, we did notice, though, that RCI had units for rent at Windsor. Sometime in February, I think the freeze was removed and we waited patiently for a successful exchange, but decided in March or April to go the route of renting a unit at Windsor through RCI to ensure we had a place to stay there. Windsor is a nice central location for exploring wine country. However, it still took about half an hour to 45 minutes to get down to the central part of Sonoma and Napa valleys. Staying at Clear Lake may add an additional half hour or more to your commute to these areas.

roadsister

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I am a Worldmark owner and there have been no issues at those resorts....

grest

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Madge,
We are due to be at Windsor in a couple of weeks....are these maintenance issues a current concern??
Connie

marg2

TUG Member
Reaction score
When we were there in June, we saw no evidence of there being any maintenance problems. As you can see in Madge's reply to my original post, she recommended that I contact the communications team at RCI. Their reply to my questions regarding the freeze was this: "Resort 4987 [Clear Lake] is actively exchanging in our program. There appears to
have been some sort of system problem for us with resort 7548 [Windsor]. That may simply take some time to resolve behind-the-scenes. Hopefully, it will soon be actively matching to searches again." This was back in January 2006.

So, originally RCI thought the freeze had to do with the storms in December (as we were told over the phone), but upon further investigation, it was found to be the result of a system (?database) problem, according to the Communications team.

You will enjoy this resort. There is nothing to worry about.

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
grest,

I do see that Worldmark Wine Country Clear Lake (4987) is active in our system now. Since there do not appear to be any outstanding issues, you might simply wish to contact the resort for more information about their facilities.