• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free- yes really free AI vacation through II offered again but like last time the airfare is too high to take advantage. [MERGED]

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
This is the 3rd time I have been offered a 4-5 night promotional free AI trip through II. Just need to let them use your pictures and attend their events. I don't even think it requires any sales presentation. It's even over my Birthday. June 22-June 26
Special Member Trip – June 22-26 @ Ventus at Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort in Puerto Morelos, Mexico – Complimentary for Interval Members

Dear Valued Member,

We’re thrilled to invite you to participate in our invitation-only member event, taking place June 22-26, 2023, at Ventus at Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort in Puerto Morelos, Mexico (about 20 minutes south of Cancún International Airport). As one of Mexico’s leading all-inclusive resorts, Ventus at Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort has been recognized by Tripadvisor® with a 2022 Travelers’ Choice™ Award.

Join us on this complimentary four-night trip designed to provide select members with exclusive opportunities to experience the best of all-inclusive vacations. Participants can enjoy a series of experiences, including welcome cocktails, VIP dinners, curated events & entertainment, and select complimentary services and amenities.

This invitation is for two adults (ages 18 and over) and includes the following on a complimentary basis:
  • Luxury accommodations
  • Round-trip transfers to/from Cancún airport
  • Private member events
  • Entertainment
  • Meals
  • Beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic)

Confirmations are reserved on a first come, first served basis.

Please respond with interest or to request more information by contacting 888-838-0129 Monday through Friday, 9:30am to 6:30pm ET or intervalevents@intervalintl.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Interval International Events

Airfare is over $700 per person for those dates and I have a stay booked elsewhere for the week. One of these days I am going to get a promotion like this that I can actually use.

Not sure you would be eligible if you don't receive the email, but mine went into my spam account so you might have one too. I do participate the Interval Community which is why I think I get the invites. I did not call to verify this one but it is like the other two offers I have received in the past which I did call so I imagine this one is legit.

Last edited by a moderator:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Got this along with a call today. Didn’t check air as we are booked at the same time for Aruba. I rarely participate in the II community so not sure why we got it. I asked how many spots and they said only about 20.

TomCO

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am no longer a member of II; however, I do recall the domain name address to be www.intervalworld.com. The email address in this post has intervalintl.com as the domain and I am fairly certain this is not an actual II offer. Just for fun I loaded the website name in my browser with a resulting page -

This server could not prove that it is intervalintl.com; its security certificate is not trusted by your device's operating system. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker trying to intercept your connection.

The email address alone makes me believe this to be a scam and entering the domain proves this to me beyond a reasonable doubt. I’m my opinion, it may be best not to engage with this contact or any with a similar email domain which does not belong to the actual II - Interval International based in Miami, Fl.

Be safe,
Tom

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I am no longer a member of II; however, I do recall the domain name address to be www.intervalworld.com. The email address in this post has intervalintl.com as the domain and I am fairly certain this is not an actual II offer. Just for fun I loaded the website name in my browser with a resulting page -

This server could not prove that it is intervalintl.com; its security certificate is not trusted by your device's operating system. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker trying to intercept your connection.

The email address alone makes me believe this to be a scam and entering the domain proves this to me beyond a reasonable doubt. I’m my opinion, it may be best not to engage with this contact or any with a similar email domain which does not belong to the actual II - Interval International based in Miami, Fl.

Be safe,
Tom
That is sill indeed a valid Interval Internatioanl domain that they use for emails. Here is the email for the II Tug members mailbox: tugmembers@intervalintl.com

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
June is very hot and humid there. Plus all the nasty sargassum seaweek. The Ventus unit they will put you in is probably the "newer" building of what used to be the El Cid Marina, rather than the actual NEW building of Ventus. The building in question is a white one that faces what used to be the old Adults-only pool for El Cid Marina. Paper-thin walls (you hear EVERYTHING). The actual new Ventus building is much nicer, IMO. Granted, they may actually put you in the new Ventus building not the "faux-Ventus" (my name for it).

TomCO

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is sill indeed a valid Interval Internatioanl domain that they use for emails. Here is the email for the II Tug members mailbox: tugmembers@intervalintl.com
After reading your reply, I did continue past the warning and it does continue to what appears to be the II website. There is no redirect to www.intervalworld.com. I had never seen that domain name before and I was skeptical based on the browser result. Thank you for clearing that up for me!

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got an email from Interval for the following vacation. I've never gotten anything like this before, so I'm curious if others get these offers often? I have plans for that week, but I'd be tempted if I didn't - even if it required a sales pitch. (Well, maybe.) It looks nice! https://ventusatmarinaelcid.com/

We’re thrilled to invite you to our invitation-only member event! Join us from June 22 – 26, 2023, at Ventus at Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort in Puerto Morelos, Mexico, and enjoy exclusive opportunities to experience an amazing all-inclusive vacation.

This invitation is for two adults and includes the following on a complimentary basis:​
  • Luxury accommodations
  • Round-trip transfers to/from Cancún International Airport
  • Private member events
  • Entertainment
  • Meals and beverages (alcoholic and nonalcoholic)

To claim your invitation or to find out more about the trip, call 888-838-0129 Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m to 6:30 p.m. Eastern Time, or email intervalevents@intervalintl.com. This invitation is nontransferable.

We hope to see you there!​

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Yeah, I got an email about this last month. They may also call you. It is a legit and no sales presentation is required. It seems they are hoping you like it and will book more all inclusives with them.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got it too!
So, are you going to take them up on it, @jwalk03? I tried calling the "special events" line at the phone number in the post above (it's not the regular Interval phone number), but the lines were all busy. If @dioxide45 is right, and you don't have to endure a grueling day-long sales pitch a la Vidanta, I'd love an all-inclusive long weekend at the beach.

Edit: Sorry, I just saw that there's another thread on this promotion. I've asked the mods to combine threads.

[Moderator Note: Threads merged.] <--SueDonJ

Last edited by a moderator:

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, are you going to take them up on it, @jwalk03? I tried calling the "special events" line at the phone number in the post above (it's not the regular Interval phone number), but the lines were all busy. If @dioxide45 is right, and you don't have to endure a grueling day-long sales pitch a la Vidanta, I'd love an all-inclusive long weekend at the beach.

Sorry, I just saw that there's another thread on this promotion. I've asked the mods to combine threads.

I wish I could but 6/22 is my daughter's birthday. wonder if i can take the whole family?? lol

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
We are already going to be in Aruba at the time, so we had to pass. Had we been available, we would have been checking flights.

AgelessTravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO
I just got the email today and thought it was fake and didn't bother calling. I decided to check TUG and found this thread. I am going to call tomorrow and get more details. So exciting!

Last edited:

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Interval posts pictures of the event in their magazine.

shellmo1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess I am not a valued member. No such email. Didn't get the last one either. But if airfare is ridiculous, I wouldn't participate.

Larry M

TUG Member
Reaction score

Be safe,
Tom
The proper way to check this is to use the whois command. On some operating systems you can open a "command prompt" or "terminal window" and issue this command. You can always go into the internet and search for a "whois server" which is simply a website that does whois searches for you and displays the results.

For this example, I used https://who.is/. I inserted intervalworld.com and intervalintl.com into the search box and learned that both domains are registered to Mariott Vacations Worldwide Corporation. All of the details (Registrant contact, Administrative Contact, and Technical Contact) were the same for both domains as well.

I did reproduce your finding that www.intervalintl.com produces a TLS warning. However, that doesn't mean anything, since they do not serve web pages. If you were to bypass the security warning (as I did), you would never actually get to a web page. The only apparent use of the intervalintl.com domain is for email, not webpage serving.

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven’t received this either from Interval. Don’t know why, I should be a valued member I travel a lot. Maybe because I own El Cid resorts that are in the Wyndham system.

I can’t imagine how hot and humid it is in June. We returned last Friday from 7 weeks in Playa Del Carmen and Cancun. It was Africa hot in February. As far as the seaweed it seems to be a year round thing now. It was pretty bad in Playa this year.

If you think Airfare is high check one ways on different airline. Or fly into Cozumel and stay there a few nites and then Ferry over to Playa and take a cab to the resort. Fly home out of Cancun.

AgelessTravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO
Has anyone been able to get through to them? I tried phoning but I am only able to leave a message and didn't get a call back.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Same here. I got an email saying airfare was my responsibility and they’d contact me with details, but nothing.

pammex

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
wow, I wish I got it, as I am in Mexico so likely not a bad cost for flights. Plus all else free.

Mjasp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Going to check my spam now. Lol

AgelessTravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO
Same here. I got an email saying airfare was my responsibility and they’d contact me with details, but nothing.
Have you heard back. I received an email that it was full but a few days later received a call stating that there was an opening and if interested I would need to provide flight confirmation details to reserve the spot.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you heard back. I received an email that it was full but a few days later received a call stating that there was an opening and if interested I would need to provide flight confirmation details to reserve the spot.
No, I never heard anything back from them. I can't go, but my son and his wife said they would love to do it.