• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free: WESTIN LAGUNAMAR 1 Bdrm Prem. Gold + Even Yr Float Mtx: $481/yr

vmoreno5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maintenance fees are up to date (no previous balance), next payment is due 1/7/2016. Our payment is: $481.89 (that includes the maintenance fee of $436.89 plus our $45 SVN fee (addt'l week). This is an every year payment, but our 1 bdrm is an eoy. 44k star options, but I don't think those are transferred to new owner since it's a voluntary resort.

Beautiful, beyond beautiful resort. We just have too many vacation weeks already since we always seem to get an AC certificate with every exchange made in II with our two Westins.

Ask here or PM me w/ any questions. Preference would be not to pay 2016 fees. The week is avbl to use in 2016. If you want me to make a reservation @ Lagunamar through SVN for 2016, I think I can do that a year in advance. Gold Plus season is Weeks 1-4, 18-23, 36-43, 48-50.

Thanks,
Vicki

Last edited:

celperf

TUG Member
Reaction score
What are the chances to stay in weeks 28-32?

Enviado desde mi SM-T700 mediante Tapatalk

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
You would be unable to reserve those weeks. The only chance would be to deposit them in II (or another independent exchange company like SFX) and request an exchange for weeks 28-32. You would have starwood priority but I wouldn't take this week if that is the time you are hoping to reserve on a regular basis.

vmoreno5

TUG Member
Reaction score
You would be unable to reserve those weeks. The only chance would be to deposit them in II (or another independent exchange company like SFX) and request an exchange for weeks 28-32. You would have starwood priority but I wouldn't take this week if that is the time you are hoping to reserve on a regular basis.

Thanks tschwa, and I would add that I have looked over the past several years for WLR in II and I never see it. Lots of AI resorts, but not Westin Lagunamar. So, I agree that it's best not to count on getting this week, or even WLR in an exchange. Just my experience (but I also haven't been super diligent in checking hourly/daily for it to open either...which is how I ended up with Marriott Custom House over 4th of July one year) :)

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Is this still available?

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Is this still available?

I thought of you when this posted, sorry I did not contact you. It seems to have your name in it :wave:
Hope it can work out.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5

vmoreno5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the lack of responses folks...

I had an old email registered with TUG; updated now. I've caught up with the pm's too, and again, I apologize for the delay.

I'm in the process of trying to transfer the unit to another TUGer, and there are a couple others I've promised I will contact if that doesn't work for some reason.

So, I'd say now, that no...it isn't available. I'll update when it finally transfers...just waiting for a response from Fidelity Nat'l Title Group people, who, as I understand it, are the only authorized Title Company to handle Lagunamar. Anyone else we would use would just have to pay Fidelity's fee to them in addition to whatever fees they charge for the transfer.

Thanks for everyone's interest, and GrayFal & Denise, thank you for answering questions in my absence :)

Vicki

vmoreno5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Denise, GrayFal, Other TUG experts???

Can you answer these questions for me? I'm trying to provide the new owner with all the info I can think of and since I've never bought/sold in resale, I don't know for sure how it works.

1) Will the new owner be able to deposit this Lagunamar week into II and trade?

2) I know my StarOptions (we bought from developer) won't transfer but what if we take joint ownership, then I remove myself from deed? Will new owner now have use of StarOptions?

3) If new owner does not have StarOptions, he will not pay the SVN membership fee, correct?

4) The new owner will just call SVN to make their reservation at Lagunamar for their use year, right? And they can do that up to 12 months in advance?

I know you guys have been doing this for years and know far better than I how it all works, so I really appreciate any answers you can provide us. I'm trying to make sure the new owner has accurate info so he can make the best use of the property. I believe he is most interested in Lagunamar, not really in the SVN, but I'm trying to explain to him how it all works and had some questions.

THANK YOU!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
1) Will the new owner be able to deposit this Lagunamar week into II and trade?
YES

2) I know my StarOptions (we bought from developer) won't transfer but what if we take joint ownership, then I remove myself from deed? Will new owner now have use of StarOptions?

NO - You can only transfer the original perks to a family member, and it has to be documented and set up with Starwood title.

3) If new owner does not have StarOptions, he will not pay the SVN membership fee, correct?

NO FEE

4) The new owner will just call SVN to make their reservation at Lagunamar for their use year, right? And they can do that up to 12 months in advance?

YES - or go online.

vmoreno5

TUG Member
Reaction score
I knew I could count on you Denise, thank you!!