• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

FREE Vistana Sheraton Flex Vacations

VistanaVOI

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex Vacations
Vistana Sheraton Flex Vacations

Annual
67,100 points
No current reservations

Maintenance Fee: 2022 MF has been paid: $1,023.28

75,000 Starwood Preferred Guest Starpoints
SPG Conversion Program Starpoints 34,892

Title Transfer: No cost to you

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Just so potential takers are clear. There is no such thing as SPG, Starwood Preferred Guest or Starpoints anymore. It is all Bonvoy now. This is a voluntary ownership. So by taking it, it doesn't convert to StarOptions at 8 months prior to checkin. It also can't be converted to Marriott Bonvoy points. I think this is what the 34,892 number was referring to. The new owner will be able to use it at any of the Vistana properties in the Sheraton Flex program or trade it through II. I truly beleive that trading through II is where the value really is as many weeks are fewer points when trading through II than if booking using the Vistana Signature Network.

jpfordz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VDP-Flamingos
Sheraton Flex
I truly beleive that trading through II is where the value really is as many weeks are fewer points when trading through II than if booking using the Vistana Signature Network.

The only issue I have with trading in II is that it doesn't allow for upgrades from studio to other size units. The point amounts are set so you can't just pay an upgrade fee.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
The only issue I have with trading in II is that it doesn't allow for upgrades from studio to other size units. The point amounts are set so you can't just pay an upgrade fee.
True, but this is the case with any point based system when trading using points. I don't know if it is possible to deposit Flex into II where they actually give you a placeholder deposit of a specific unit size that can then be upgraded. This is how one can use Marriott DC points. Either trade directly with points, or ask for a deposit where they take the number of points and then deposit those into II as an actual unit of a specific size. That unit deposit can be upgraded by paying the upgrade fee.

VistanaVOI

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex Vacations
This is still available! Please let me know if you're interested.

VistanaVOI

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex Vacations
This is still available! Please let me know if you're interested. I now know to also read my notifications. I was just checking replies on this thread. I apologize that I did not see notifications until now!

haras

TUG Member
Reaction score
True, but this is the case with any point based system when trading using points. I don't know if it is possible to deposit Flex into II where they actually give you a placeholder deposit of a specific unit size that can then be upgraded. This is how one can use Marriott DC points. Either trade directly with points, or ask for a deposit where they take the number of points and then deposit those into II as an actual unit of a specific size. That unit deposit can be upgraded by paying the upgrade fee.
Would this unit be considered a one bedroom or two bedroom?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA

haras

TUG Member
Reaction score

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
But if you’re using the unit strictly to exchange with interval, what will you deposit? One unit or can you lock off and pay upgrade fee?
You will exchange based on the chart you can find in the Flex FAQ in the Vistana forum.

flnewbie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Smoketree Lodge, Banner Elk NC, Cranberry Gold Resort, Ontario, Canada Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Williamsburg
Still available? Are 2022 fees paid? When is first usage?

Monkeyboy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kaanapali beach Club. Bay Club
Just so potential takers are clear. There is no such thing as SPG, Starwood Preferred Guest or Starpoints anymore. It is all Bonvoy now. This is a voluntary ownership. So by taking it, it doesn't convert to StarOptions at 8 months prior to checkin. It also can't be converted to Marriott Bonvoy points. I think this is what the 34,892 number was referring to. The new owner will be able to use it at any of the Vistana properties in the Sheraton Flex program or trade it through II. I truly beleive that trading through II is where the value really is as many weeks are fewer points when trading through II than if booking using the Vistana Signature Network.

Is there a home resort where you have 12 months to book it?

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
Is there a home resort where you have 12 months to book it?
There is a collection of resorts in Sheraton Flex. You can book at any of them starting 12 months out.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA

emoneybug

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney - Saratoga Springs 365pts (resale)
so what would the best units to book, say my goal was to book 2 1 bedrooms to deposit into II to try to trade for DVC 1 bedrooms?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
so what would the best units to book, say my goal was to book 2 1 bedrooms to deposit into II to try to trade for DVC 1 bedrooms?
With Sheraton Flex, you wouldn't book a unit to deposit into II. You would use the points to make a reservation based on this chart.
1641742060980.png

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Plan on 140K flex options to deposit into interval in order to book 2 one bedrooms in any DVC available. Most DVC deposits will be under 130 TDI. Although, based on RCI history, DVC May deposit higher TDI weeks. 4th of July week and Christmas week have been deposited into RCI in the past. If you have no desire for those weeks you should plan on 103,400 flex options for 2 one bedroom exchanges.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I don't understand. Why can't you book a unit at one of the 9 resorts and deposit it into II for an exchange with another resort?
Because that isn't how it works. You use points to make exchanges through II.

scoutings

TUG Member
Reaction score
You use points to make exchanges through II.
To confirm, if I book using points it won't show up under "my units" with the option for "vacation exchange"? If I own Sheraton Vistana Flex, how could I trade out of those 9 resorts?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
To confirm, if I book using points it won't show up under "my units" with the option for "vacation exchange"? If I own Sheraton Vistana Flex, how could I trade out of those 9 resorts?
In your II account you will see a unit for your Sheraton Flex ownership, you can search and book with points. You will have a vacation exchange button to search availability in II. You don't need to make a reservation to do this. For deposits, Vistana may allow you deposit a placeholder or week for deposit first searches, but it won't be a week you reserved. It will be whatever Vistana gives you. If it is even possible. Someone with more knowledge of Sheraton Flex may need to confirm. However, you will never make a reservation and deposit that to II. Even weeks owners can't do this.

zerodegre

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana
Vistana Sheraton Flex Vacations

Annual
67,100 points
No current reservations

Maintenance Fee: 2022 MF has been paid: $1,023.28

75,000 Starwood Preferred Guest Starpoints
SPG Conversion Program Starpoints 34,892

Title Transfer: No cost to you
Let me know if you still have thisn

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
The OP hasn't been seen on the forums since November 9th. YOu are best to probably send them a private message and hope they have email notifications set up.