• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

FREE - Universal Vacation Club (UVC) Mexico Locations - Studio -Red Week

BeanieJG

Reaction score
Mortgage: Paid in full with UVC
Unit # - Studio - Not Fixed and not limited to one resort
Week - Open/Red Week, Every Year
Maint Fees - Paid thru 2022; Annual at approx. $670
Usage - Use any time or place (based on availability) at different resorts:

Become an owner with The Villa Group and enjoy a remarkable collection of timeshare resorts in the most fantastic beach destinations in Mexico. With stunning coastal resorts in Cabo San Lucas, Cancún, Loreto, Puerto Vallarta and Riviera Nayarit, you will never grow tired of vacationing in Mexico.

The award-winning The Villa Group timeshare complexes all boast world class spas
, state-of-the-art fitness centers, gourmet restaurants, large pools and are surrounded by elegant architecture and lush landscaped gardens. Choosing to become an owner of one of Mexico’s most incredible timeshare properties is a lifestyle choice and one that will enhance your vacation experiences for many years to come.

Outside trading thru RCI or Interval (II) for resorts all over the world.

I will pay all closing costs and transfer fees.

www.myuvci.com
1654015046208.png

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Are the points transferable as points or is it a gold membership ? When does the rtu expire ?

Bill

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, it is considered a Winter or Red Week, but can be used in the Summer as well.

This is a gem, imo. I think it can be upgraded to a 1 bed unit if available at arrival. It also allows Loreto so it must be a 35- prefixed membership.

Bill

BeanieJG

Reaction score
This is a gem, imo. I think it can be upgraded to a 1 bed unit if available at arrival. It also allows Loreto so it must be a 35- prefixed membership.

Bill
That is correct - we have been able to get a FREE upgrade to a 1 bedroom every time we have been to Cabo, Loreto and Cancun. Loreto is absolutely beautiful! Hate to give this up but we just can't travel any longer due to elderly parents.

BeanieJG

Reaction score
Bill, sounds like you know a lot about UVC - interested in taking over my timeshare?

Younger

Reaction score
I’m interested if still available. I am an owner of villa group already since 2014 and have 1000 annual points. We were interested in possibly upgrading and this may do the trick for us but I must admit I’m not too sure how gold weeks would work and how to best use in conjunction with our points.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bill, sounds like you know a lot about UVC - interested in taking over my timeshare?

What you are offering is a true gem but the boss said we are good for now.

Bill

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I’m interested if still available. I am an owner of villa group already since 2014 and have 1000 annual points. We were interested in possibly upgrading and this may do the trick for us but I must admit I’m not too sure how gold weeks would work and how to best use in conjunction with our points.

You would use the gold for a full week or split week with no fee involved and the points however you like. They don't combine points and weeks so it would be separate reservations. The nice thing with this gold membership is it can be used any season except holiday and includes Loreto. You can also bank 5 years forward and backward with no fee. It includes the gold card discounts which saves between 10% and 20% for resort purchases.

Bill

Younger

Reaction score
You would use the gold for a full week or split week with no fee involved and the points however you like. They don't combine points and weeks so it would be separate reservations. The nice thing with this gold membership is it can be used any season except holiday and includes Loreto. You can also bank 5 years forward and backward with no fee. It includes the gold card discounts which saves between 10% and 20% for resort purchases.

Bill
Hi Bill,

Thanks so much for the great information as always. I’ve read most of your postings related to villa group and find it very helpful. You are a fantastic resource and a true gem;).

Can you help me understand the difference between 18 prefix contracts and 35? Is there something in the language of the contract that states access only to specific properties for 18 whereas 35 lists properties and states access to future properties? Are you aware of the 35 accounts will have access to other new properties like VLV or future developments?

Also is there a difference in winter contracts and contracts that allow holiday bookings under the gold contract system? I know they differentiate them now under the point system as summer, winter, and holiday and give each a different point amount.

Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated and further elevate your gem status on these forums:cool:.

thanks,
Younger

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi Bill,

Thanks so much for the great information as always. I’ve read most of your postings related to villa group and find it very helpful. You are a fantastic resource and a true gem;).

Can you help me understand the difference between 18 prefix contracts and 35? Is there something in the language of the contract that states access only to specific properties for 18 whereas 35 lists properties and states access to future properties? Are you aware of the 35 accounts will have access to other new properties like VLV or future developments?

Also is there a difference in winter contracts and contracts that allow holiday bookings under the gold contract system? I know they differentiate them now under the point system as summer, winter, and holiday and give each a different point amount.

Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated and further elevate your gem status on these forums:cool:.

thanks,
Younger

The 16- prefix is older membership contracts that include all Premiere . The 16- is Gold contracts that do not include used Loreto pre-2009. I think the 18- prefix is Gold that does include Loreto The 35- prefix is for VPA which includes Loreto.

The studio listed above does include Loreto and is a Gold winter week. Another benefit is this membership allows the owner an extra week for the MF cost. Here is a link with many of the benefits. UVCI has changed this website so it is a bit difficult to find the membership groups.

Bill

Younger

Reaction score
The 16- prefix is older membership contracts that include all Premiere . The 16- is Gold contracts that do not include used Loreto pre-2009. I think the 18- prefix is Gold that does include Loreto The 35- prefix is for VPA which includes Loreto.

The studio listed above does include Loreto and is a Gold winter week. Another benefit is this membership allows the owner an extra week for the MF cost. Here is a link with many of the benefits. UVCI has changed this website so it is a bit difficult to find the membership groups.

Bill

Thank you for the info again!

The question about VLV being included in 18 accounts is something I’ll have to look into in the future. It seems like it is currently included in the 35 contracts as we just got back from there. I hope that continues to be the case. Although they say that the point requirements for VLV in the future is going to be higher which would make me think that 18 would not be included if it is currently included.

Do you have any information as to why they upgrade studios to 1 bedrooms so readily when available? I went to an update meeting and they were saying that most people start with a studio and there just isn’t enough studio inventory to the number of contracts so I am wondering if this is why they upgrade people. If this is the case I would rather roll the dice and book studios instead of trying to upgrade to 1 bedrooms at booking, hoping for an upgrade at check-in without paying extra.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you for the info again!

The question about VLV being included in 18 accounts is something I’ll have to look into in the future. It seems like it is currently included in the 35 contracts as we just got back from there. I hope that continues to be the case. Although they say that the point requirements for VLV in the future is going to be higher which would make me think that 18 would not be included if it is currently included.

Do you have any information as to why they upgrade studios to 1 bedrooms so readily when available? I went to an update meeting and they were saying that most people start with a studio and there just isn’t enough studio inventory to the number of contracts so I am wondering if this is why they upgrade people. If this is the case I would rather roll the dice and book studios instead of trying to upgrade to 1 bedrooms at booking, hoping for an upgrade at check-in without paying extra.

Gold contracts can't reserve the Valencia. That is points only with a 35- prefix I think.

I know others with gold membership studios that have been able to upgrade to a 1 bed unit with the exception of the Arco and Flamingos in Jan, Feb and March when the resort is fairly full. I don't know how upgrades work regarding points. I have never upgraded any of our Premiere of Gold weeks to points.

Bill

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pueblo Benito, Fiesta Americana, Villa Preferred
My wife and I are looking for a Villa contract. Are you still interested in getting rid of yours?

Beach57

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Paradisus Palma Real and Club Solaris Los Cabos
My wife and I are looking for a Villa contract. Are you still interested in getting rid of yours?
I bought mine at a bankruptcy auction. Very happy. The prefix 35 contracts have a lot of benefits. The customer service at Resortcom is excellent too.