• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
Reaction score
Tahiti Village Las Vegas

Buyer’s First Year of Usage: 2022 Biennial Even Free Closing

Float Moorea Unit: 1 bedroom, 1 bath, sleeps 4, Full Kitchen

Float week: 1-51 (January 1st - December 31st use year)

Estimated Maintenance fees & Taxes: $228.24 Due Annually January 1st

Perpetual Deed

All Closing costs are being paid for by the seller. Buyer takes over maintenance fees January 2022.
Hello andrewjjtimeshare- Can you confirm whether or not this timeshare is still available? If yes, please confirm whether the $228.24 maintenance fee is the amount for the year, month or quarter? Thank you.

andrewjjtimeshare

TUG Member
Reaction score
This property did sell a bit ago.
However I do get a lot of Tahiti Village properties.
If you let me know what you are looking for I can search our inventory to see if we have something for you.

Reaction score
This property did sell a bit ago.
However I do get a lot of Tahiti Village properties.
If you let me know what you are looking for I can search our inventory to see if we have something for you.
I am new to the timeshare market. I am doing my due diligence to research and purchase my first timeshare. My (older and wiser) sister has a timeshare and she has told me it's better to get a timeshare on the "resale" market rather than attend a presentation because I will get more value for my money on the "resale" market.

I am looking for something with low maintenance fees, less than $700 per year. I prefer flexibility in locations and weeks in a timeshare and not be assigned to one location or one dedicated week. I do not need more than one bed (not sure if you needed to know that :unsure:). I do not need to travel every year.

One a side note- I section this website and try to put in 30 minutes of reading every few days, so I could get a better understanding of what timeshare programs would work for me. There's really no Cliff Notes version on learning about timeshares, so I am hoping I won't irritate too many people with my silly or naïve questions.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome @purewaterlotus
Where do you live (what part of the country, or state/province)?
Some systems are western US oriented, others have more resorts in Eastern US.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I am new to the timeshare market. I am doing my due diligence to research and purchase my first timeshare. My (older and wiser) sister has a timeshare and she has told me it's better to get a timeshare on the "resale" market rather than attend a presentation because I will get more value for my money on the "resale" market.

I am looking for something with low maintenance fees, less than $700 per year. I prefer flexibility in locations and weeks in a timeshare and not be assigned to one location or one dedicated week. I do not need more than one bed (not sure if you needed to know that :unsure:). I do not need to travel every year.

One a side note- I section this website and try to put in 30 minutes of reading every few days, so I could get a better understanding of what timeshare programs would work for me. There's really no Cliff Notes version on learning about timeshares, so I am hoping I won't irritate too many people with my silly or naïve questions.
Start in this TUG Forum and take your time researching ;).

But honestly, I think you’ll be better off renting as you go which will give you the greatest flexibility.
As a timeshare owner, you’ll have the initial buy-in cost (of course, you’ll save thousands by buying resale) and the ever increasing fees (annual maintenance fee, membership fee, reservation fee, exchanged fee, banking fee, upgrade fee, resort fee, etc).

Reaction score
Welcome @purewaterlotus
Where do you live (what part of the country, or state/province)?
Some systems are western US oriented, others have more resorts in Eastern US.
Hello HudsHut-

I reside in California. I have travelled with my older sister, brother-in-law and their family using their Worldmark Timeshare. I have been to Angel Camp, Anaheim, Hawaii, San Diego, Windsor, etc. throughout the years. It's fun piggybacking with them because I get free accommodations, free food by a master chef (sister), good conversation (brother-in-law) and kept busy with activities and fun (nieces and nephews). Now that the nieces and nephews are getting older, they are getting bigger and in my older years, I'm more crankier because I need more sleep. That is why I thought it might be best to get my own timeshare and do some quiet traveling on my own without all my chaperones. :giggle:

Reaction score
Start in this TUG Forum and take your time researching ;).

I agree and thank you.
But honestly, I think you’ll be better off renting as you go which will give you the greatest flexibility.
As a timeshare owner, you’ll have the initial buy-in cost (of course, you’ll save thousands by buying resale) and the ever increasing fees (annual maintenance fee, membership fee, reservation fee, exchanged fee, banking fee, upgrade fee, resort fee, etc).
I agree. I would like to start with something small. I also thought about using my sister's timeshare, but she have her in-laws to consider, so here I am researching for my own. :)

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten

Look into Grandview Las Vegas in RCI Points. Either a one bedroom worth 61K or 2 bedroom worth 122K points

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
@purewaterlotus
I'm also in California, (San Francisco East Bay) and also a WorldMark owner. It is a very flexible system. We thoroughly enjoy our ownership. The good thing is you can start with a small 5000 - 10000 credit ownerhsip, because you can rent additional credits from other owners, as needed.

Unfortunately, each year, the management company adds additional burdensome rules, and it gets more costly, and, less flexible.

How large is your sister's account? If she has 10K, she can rent in up to 20K additional credits every year. You could pay to rent in the credits needed for a desired reservation. Or you could use the Inventory special & Monday Madness -cash rental options - on her account . The bad thing is, every reservation in a guest's name, now costs an extra $99 guest certificate.

If you wish to learn more, please join us at WMOwners.com/forums
You can also rent from owners there if you decide not to purchase.

Bailey#1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC SSR BWV, Avenue Plaza, Redington Ambassador
I would consider a WorldMark point system like your sisters as your first timeshare. It will make things easier for you if you want to travel with them in the future. Plus it is a good timeshare system that is easy to get out of if you need to. As Hudshut mention above join WMOwners.com.

Reaction score
Look into Grandview Las Vegas in RCI Points. Either a one bedroom worth 61K or 2 bedroom worth 122K points
Hi CPNY-

I saw the website and photos for Grandview. It's quite awesome. How much would 61K or 122K points run? :)

Reaction score
@purewaterlotus
I'm also in California, (San Francisco East Bay) and also a WorldMark owner. It is a very flexible system. We thoroughly enjoy our ownership. The good thing is you can start with a small 5000 - 10000 credit ownerhsip, because you can rent additional credits from other owners, as needed.

Unfortunately, each year, the management company adds additional burdensome rules, and it gets more costly, and, less flexible.

How large is your sister's account? If she has 10K, she can rent in up to 20K additional credits every year. You could pay to rent in the credits needed for a desired reservation. Or you could use the Inventory special & Monday Madness -cash rental options - on her account . The bad thing is, every reservation in a guest's name, now costs an extra $99 guest certificate.

If you wish to learn more, please join us at WMOwners.com/forums
You can also rent from owners there if you decide not to purchase.
Hi HudsHut-

I have been wrapped up in the Memorial festivities and Grad Night celebration for sister's oldest daughter with her graduating class. Finally, I found a little time for myself to continue my timeshare homework.

I lived in Hayward/Union City from 2002 to 2006 and moved to Old Oakland from 2006 to 2011. Currently, I reside in Sacramento. I checked with my brother-in-law over the Memorial weekend and he said they have 23K credits. I don't know if that is a lot of credits or not, but they always get excited when I join them on their vacation. :) (I am that exclusive, celebrity aunt, only popular amongst my nieces and nephews, but no one really knows who I am.) :LOL:

The $99 fee for guest certificates is a buzz kill, isn't it? Why penalize the owners and nickel and dime them? It's not like they give out a lot of guest certificates for free, anyways. I wondered if their marketing department knows what they are doing because the guests are the soft sell opportunity they have to get new owners. When they tack on fees like a $99 guest certificate, the owners won't invite guests and they have no soft sell opportunity! They are just shooting their own toes for a measly $99 bucks.

Regarding the renting part- I guess I don't have to be an owner to rent, right? If that is a "yes", then I could easily go that route. :cheer:

Reaction score
I would consider a WorldMark point system like your sisters as your first timeshare. It will make things easier for you if you want to travel with them in the future. Plus it is a good timeshare system that is easy to get out of if you need to. As Hudshut mention above join WMOwners.com.
Thank you for a very genuine reply. I appreciate it and I like this idea as well. :giggle:

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
@purewaterlotus
23K is a nice size account. That gives them 2 HK tokens per year. They are allowed to rent in 46K additional credits per anniversary year. (Don't rent in too many, as that limit also applies to any excess they may wish to "rent out".)

To rent someone else's reservation, you do not have to be an owner.

To rent in credits, there has to be an account - if your sister would allow it, you could negotiate and pay for the credits, and have the credits be transferred into her account.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Hi CPNY-

I saw the website and photos for Grandview. It's quite awesome. How much would 61K or 122K points run? :)
I see them on eBay continually go for 500-1200

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi CPNY-

Grandview shows up all the time on Free giveaway page. Also I would assume you could find on eBay for cheap with seller paying all transfer fees.

delajode

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello TUG family,

We are current owners of a Odd Year HGVC TS at Sea World during the Silver timeframe (3500 pts). Current obligation is the annual MFs and we are looking for the the best option to supplement through a resale that will either give us additional points during the even years or add to the odd year points for better options. Looking for any suggestions.

Thanks!

RiesTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Colonies Wburg
Hi

Do you have any 3-4bedroom units in Williamsburg, VA weeks 25-35 or floating?

andrewjjtimeshare

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you have any 3-4bedroom units in Williamsburg, VA weeks 25-35 or floating?
I do not at the moment. But if you can send me your email address I will save it and let you know when I do get something.

andrewjjtimeshare

TUG Member
Reaction score
Updated list of free properties

ResortLocationUsage# of bedrooms/PointsWeeks/SeasonMaintenance feesFYUFile#
Summer Bay ResortFloridaAnnual1 bed 1 bath1-6, 18-23 & 35-50 Silver Season
$943.27​
2021​
64886​
Mizner Place at Weston Town CenterFloridaBiennial Odd2 bed 2 bath
11​
$852.00​
2023​
65735​
Vacation Village ParkwayFloridaAnnual2 bed 2 bath
49​
$1,060.00​
2021​
66047​
Hono Koa ResorthawaiiAnnualpalm 2 bed 2 bath1-50 feb - Jan
$1,775.00​
2022​
66005​
Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine PhaseFloridaAnnual2 bed 2 bath1-5, 18-22, 35-38 & 48-50
$1,098.00​
2021​
66615​
Wyndham Riverside SuitestexasAnnual1 bed 1 bath
21​
$975.00​
2022​
66474​
Woodstone at MassanuttenvirginiaAnnual1 bed 1 bath
14​
$397.00​
2022​
66504​
Harborside Resort Atlantis IBahamasbiennial Odd1 bed 1 bath worth 44,000 Staroptions35-461028 Annually
2021​
64689​
Shenandoah Villas at MassanuttenvirginiaAnnual2 bed 2 bath
35​
$745.00​
2021​
66741​
Hyatt Hacienda Del MarPuerto RicoAnnual2 bed 2 bath15, 1,880 Hyatt Points
$3,463.92​
2021​
66442​
Winners Circle ResortSolana Beach, CAAnnualstudio 1 bath
3​
$959.00​
2022​
66483​
Club De SoleilnevadaBiennial Odd1 bed 1 bath1-51 Jan 1 - Dec 31
$364.00​
2021​
66516​
Club De Soleilnevadabiennial Even1 bed 1 bath1-51 Jan 1 - Dec 31
$364.00​
2022​
66515​
Grandview at las vegasnevadaAnnual2 bed 2 bath
4​
$835.00​
2022​
65531​
Vacation Village at ParkwayFloridaAnnual2 bed 2 bath
24​
$1,060.00​
2022​
66670​
Vacation Village at ParkwayFloridaTriennial
2​
week# 2 or 24,667 Annual RCI Points
$1,060.00​
2021​
66796​
Wolf Run Manor & Silverwoods at Treasure LakepennsylvaniaAnnual2 bed 2 bath
29​
$1,090.00​
2022​
66229​
Stormy Point Village missourabiennial Odd2 bed 2 bath cottage
Jan-52​
$650.00​
2021​
66550​
Hacienda Encantada Resort & Spacabo san lucasbiennial odd1 bed 2 bath1-46 & 48-50
$1,138.00​
2021​
66566​

karlynnakins

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Eagle Creat. Grandview.
[This would be a good question for a private message - click on Andrew's blue user name and then click start conversation.]

Last edited by a moderator:

andrewjjtimeshare

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have saved your email and will let you know ASAP

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
We asked Andrew to keep his posts in this thread.