• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Aussiedog

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If this has been discussed elsewhere please move or just delete this post.

As results come in it will be intersting to see where the real value of the classifieds marketplace is. In my case, I just sold my second TS via this site, so I am 2 for 2, but no real bites on the rentals. It may be that the people most likely to use this site are current owners who are looking to add or sell from their portfolios and don't have as much of a need for a rental.

Ann

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Brian,

First, I just encountered an odd problem while browsing. I was in the Orlando section and sorted the resorts by name -- first in A-Z, then Z-A, then when I tried to resort back to A-Z it did not work. I clicked and clicked and it remained Z-A. I went to another geographic section and noticed the default is now Z-A. I clicked on to try sorting but it was stuck on Z-A. I haven't tried closing out the browser but I wanted to bring this to your attention. I use Mozilla.

Second, please reconsider how some of the current Points system resort names are listed. For something like RCI maybe folks don't care and all RCI points are treated equal so only price makes difference. (I'm guessing as I don't own such points). But when it comes to a system like Disney, for example, the resort matters a great deal, either because of the home resort advantage or because assessment about the asking price depends heavily on the resort (e.g., Vero Beach can go for around $60 a point but Beach Club can go for around $90 a point). I just went shopping for DVC ads and looked at the seemingly endless entries of just "Disney - [point#]". I clicked through to a couple of listings to find out what resort was for sale but then stopped. It is too much! At other online sites I can always see the particular DVC resort before I click onto the details page. This would not be a big deal if TUG only had a couple of DVC ads but I just counted 252 listings for "Disney". :eek: As interested as I am in checking out some more ads, I'm stopping because it is too time consuming to go through hundreds of listings to look for one or two particular DVC resorts. Please consider changing the Disney entries to the following:

Disney-AKL
Disney-BCV
Disney-BWV
Disney-OKW
Disney-VB
Disney-VWL
Disney-SSR

[Edited to add: I just noticed on the Placing your ad page you use "Program Name" for the resort/system, so breaking down the Disney resorts doesn't seem to fit that title. Maybe add another fill in the blank space under the Program Name for "Resort Name (Optional)" and have that information show up in the same "Resort" column on the results page right after the Program Name? ]

Thank you!

Amy

Disney points now have the option to choose the home resort to for the title of the ad.

should be able to go back in and edit your ads to reflect the approprate disney home resort now.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
didnt even notice crossing over the 5000 mark...was going to make a big deal out of it but work got in the way!

perhaps at 10k! =)

jtridle

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can't list a rental

I've emailed to, I guess, the administrator and noted my problem but then realized that it is preferred to go on here and ask questions so i'm doing so. I tried to list a rental and can't figure out how to do it. I clicked on placing a rental ad and it doesn't give me a series of boxes like I would think it would, which would correspond to the columns that I see for the other rental ads, resort, week, bedrooms, baths, etc. All I got was a box to type in a description of the rental. I just can't be in the right area i wouldn't think to list the description of this resort cause you can't turn a description into a series of columns. Yet I know I clicked on rentals, not sales or anything else. There was nowhere to put the price or anything. What am i doing wrong.

Though they sent me an email message, saying I had a new classified message and I went there, it was confusing and definitely my ad wasn't right, it wasn't really listed, and in the end I hit the delete button. I want to start all over again but dont' know how. Can somebody confirm that if I was doing it right I would see specific questions tht would be asking me price, name or resort, how many baths, bedrooms, etc. cause I'm sure not seeing it. Thanks.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
not sure where someone mentioned its preferred to post here for specific questions...as its always easier and faster to send a note to tug@tug2.net with specific questions.

but to answer you. from your description it appears you submitted an "other" ad type.

These were not intended for regular timeshares. You had to forgo selecting a Fixed or floating week to select an "other" ad type, as it is not the default option.

If you wish to submit all the fields like the other ads displayed have, you must submit your ad as a fixed or floating rental.

If you did indeed submit an "other" ad you would have likely recieved a message from tug@tug2.net that mentioned what I just typed above.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
here is a screenshot of the ad type selection screen.

fixedfloatingother.jpg

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

jtridle

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now able to post.

Thank you Brian. You were correct that I had chosen "other" week cause I didn't understand how floating or fixed terminology applied to a rental. I've now submitted the ad and had no problem understanding the form after choosing "floating".

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
glad you are all sorted out!

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
In the EXCHANGE ads, is there a way to search for what they are willing to exchange for, so you don't have to click on every ad?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
once the final phase of the exchange system is complete, you will be notified when there is a match in the system for what you are offering...and what you are looking for...as well as vice versa. this is the biggest project we are working on at the moment!

Ie when you put in an exchange for "disney old key west" and you are looking for "grand mayan"...

anyone with a grand mayan exchange ad whos looking for OKW...will be notified...as well as you will be notified that there is a match.

on top of that...you will also be notified of anyone with a "grand mayan" exchange that may or may not be looking for DOKW....we will consider this a "partial" match..but still tell you anyway etc.

however there is not currently a search option to find what someone is looking FOR...might not be a bad idea though.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ill see if we can add the "interested in trading for" items in the exchange results display grid.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Thanks Brian-

Sounds like you're working on this and more. Listing that in the grid would be great (also a nudge for people to put this info in that part of the ad, as opposed to the body)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
its now a requirement to put the "what you want to trade for" as a separate part of the exchange ad.

that part is required if you want to "auto matching" functionality to work for you =)

radmoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks

I was able to rent my Canyon Villa Studio within couple weeks of posting ad!
so happy I found this site and that you added this feature :eek:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Why thank you for the compliment! We are glad to have you as a member!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
as of this morning 9/8/08... roughly 70 days after going live, the counts are

6000+ ads

3000+ messages sent to ad posters.

350+ completed listings

thats not bad at all...for a free service =)

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
6000+ ads now...still going strong!

Would like to announce that as of 10/1/2008, brokers (and members posting more than 30 ads) will be charged the bulk classified ad rate of $3 per ad for any new ad posted or renewed.

Regular members are still welcome to post as many ads as they wish at zero charge to them!

fww

Reaction score
Ok folks...its been a long time coming but we have now arrived!

Now available for public use is the latest and greatest Timeshare Classified ad program provided to you FREE by TUG!

First and foremost to use this new program to post for sale, for rent or for exchange ads, YOU MUST BE A TUG MEMBER TO POST ADS! If you arent one you can join instantly here: http://tug2.com/jointug

you do not however have to be a TUG member to search the ads...as they will be open to the public as will the robust search tool!

THIS IS NOW THE NEW OFFICIAL TUG TIMESHARE MARKETPLACE HOMEPAGE!

http://tug2.com/timesharemarketplace/

this is open to the public and will be available for any and all to use to greatly improve the ability to find a timeshare you want for sale, for rent or for exchange!

ALL ADS IN THE MARKETPLACE ARE 100% FREE, POST AS MANY AS YOU LIKE! (there will eventually be a limit of 30 ads per year per member...but post away for now!)

post for sale ads, post for rent ads, post for exchange ads, post want to buy/want to rent ads (now called buy and rent wish ads)...ZERO COST!

please note the following things.

1. we designed this ad program with the main focus of removing your email address from internet view. Anyone can still contact you directly through the ad and dont have to join TUG to do so...but there will be no more farming of email addresses from TUG ads!

2. all ads are 100% free until further notice...so do not worry about paying a thign in this new ad program. (ads will remain free for members, brokers will eventually pay a fee to post ads)

3. the Existing TUG classified ad program will remain online until we have "stress tested" this new one and give it a clean bill of health. Once that is done we will shut off the ability to post new ads in the old program and allow all existing ads to expire normally (everyone will get their 3months paid)

4. Once we move to this program fulltime we will shut off the old classified ad program completely and this will become the TUG classified ad program (although I may still keep the bbs ads running...we can vote on it later)

5. any and all questions about the ad program need to go to TUG@TUG2.NET or get posted here in this thread (preferrably). The admins and moderators have zero ability to troubleshoot this new program so please do not ask them about it...I will take care of you =)

6. any and all feedback is always welcome and could find its way into enhancements and future changes (there is at least one more phase to this ad program coming...and that will make even what we have now look like childs play). Please either email me directly or post it here!

7. New ads posted still require approval of course, so do not be discouraged if you dont see your ad instantly. Ill be here most of the night babysitting though so it shouldnt take long

8. Ads will still expire in 3 months...but can be renewed for free by you with a simple click of a mouse. Your ad will always remain in your "my tug" screen until you delete it! hopefully this will be a favorite of those of you yearly ad posters of the same resorts!

I hope you all enjoy!

Thanks for the info.:)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
well over 7000 ads now....its is truly impressive!

Also in terms of "popularity", tug2.com is now averaging nearly 50,000 views a day!

Fredm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Brian,

I received the following boiler plate message today in four of my marketplace for sale listings.

"michael simmers
[contact info. removed - so as not to give spammer free advertising-DeniseM Moderator]
T.W.G. [contact info. removed] Dear Sir/ Madam, My name is Michael Simmers. I was referred to you through your online advertisement. The reason I am contacting you is, I see that you are selling your timeshare and I was hoping that you would like to sell it at Auction! [contact info. removed] . VISIT OUR WEBSITE When I run a timeshare Auction, my clients have a very high sale ratio compared to the standard listing companies out there due to one thing, I really do try to sell their timeshare. People know that when they are selling at Auction others are seeking out a good price. This is the main reason for our success at selling timeshares. I've been in the timeshare business for over ten years and as a resale agent for the past 2 years, and since I started auctioning timeshare, I have never sold as many timeshare listings as quickly as I do now. What I am proposing to you, is that if you are interested in selling your timeshare and all other avenues have come up dead ends, allow me to run an Auction and sell it Fast. You set the reserve price, don't worry we will not give it away unless that is what you would like. We have the contacts to accept unwanted timeshares. If you are at all interested in selling your timeshare week or you have any questions, please send me an email or call so we could discuss in detail how we can help you sell your timeshare. Thank you, Michael Simmers [contact info. removed] 2008/10/28

DELETE

Last edited by a moderator:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yea...i got that report from a few people. I sent him an email asking him to cease spamming the classifieds.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ohyea...over 10,000 ads posted =)

mjalto

Reaction score
I'm doing some investigating before I list my timeshare for sale and was wondering if there is a place to see what sales have been sold and their info. I'm trying to come up with a price and thought that would be helpful.

If it's already there I missed it. Any way to see that information?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
indeed there is, but it wont be available until we release v2 of the new TUG Member only section.

it will maintain a sales history list of all of our classified ads on each of the resort review pages.

Id expect v2 to become public in the next month or so.