• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

tcornel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Points ads

How do I reference the resort that the points are based out of ?

It can make a big difference.

Tom

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
could you elaborate your question?

if you are placing a points based ad...simply choose you are selling points and mention the home resort in the description.

if you are selling a specific resort week that has points attached...you can post it the other way around and mention the points int he description.

or you can do both...its free.

urban5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Cancun
Order of ads

Brian, now that there are more ads posted in the new new classifieds ads section I just noticed that the first ad posted stays at the top of the list and newer ads are listed below. Shouldn't newer ads be placed first in line?

Bob

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Brian, now that there are more ads posted in the new new classifieds ads section I just noticed that the first ad posted stays at the top of the list and newer ads are listed below. Shouldn't newer ads be placed first in line?

Bob

I agree with Bob for the initial view, but can't we still sort like in the old ads? I want to display them in the order that works for me - e.g. within region, sort by name or by week or price, within region.

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
I really like the way the old classified ads are accessed as well as the look of the old ads. It's easy to go to a specific area, and then the ads are easy to sort by week, price, name, etc.

. . . Are you going to have sorting ability as the old classified system does?

could you elaborate on your feedback and give an example so I can fully understand the issue?

you can easily sort through the new ads the same way you did in the old ads by selecting the "area" you wish to look at.

The 2nd drop down box is labeled "area" (perhaps we can change this to resort area or something more aptly named)

That's not what I'm looking for.

I want to go to Mexico For Rent (Yes, I can search for Mexico in the new system) and then see what Royal Resorts are listed - all together, without having to see the other resorts. Sorting by name gives me an alphabetical list with the Royals (except CIC/VCI) together. Or maybe I want to see summer weeks, hence sort by week. Search seems too restrictive, if I don't know what I'm searching for. Sort lets me see them all, but in whatever way makes more sense to me.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

Bob

you should be able to sort using any column you wish?

I tend to agree about the sorting from newest to oldest...ill see if i can switch that.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
That's not what I'm looking for.

I want to go to Mexico For Rent (Yes, I can search for Mexico in the new system) and then see what Royal Resorts are listed - all together, without having to see the other resorts. Sorting by name gives me an alphabetical list with the Royals (except CIC/VCI) together. Or maybe I want to see summer weeks, hence sort by week. Search seems too restrictive, if I don't know what I'm searching for. Sort lets me see them all, but in whatever way makes more sense to me.

ok now im even more confused =)

you can sort by resort name already...and by week....or you can browse all ads and sort by each column.

I dont quite get what you are asking for that you currently cannot do?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
perhaps if you gave me an example of a search you want to do...but dont feel you can given the current search feature.

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
ok now im even more confused =)

you can sort by resort name already...and by week....or you can browse all ads and sort by each column.

I dont quite get what you are asking for that you currently cannot do?

ok, my error - I didn't see the links on top of the columns, so didn't realize I could still sort. :p

It's all good!

PJ

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
150 ads already...you guys have been busy!

SouthIndyBob

Reaction score
Can I show 2 consecutive rental weeks in same ad?

I'm trying to post the weeks from Oct 4 - Oct 18 at the Bay Club at Waikoloa.
I tried using the "fixed" option - I was able to show bedrooms, baths, number it sleeps, and the cost for two weeks - but the dates showed as just the first week. I also tried the "other" option - I could put a comment in the weeks section showing two weeks, but none of the other information would show in the boxes. Is there any way to show both weeks in the same ad, or do I need to show them as two separate weeks? If they show as separate weeks, is there any way to keep them together on the display? Thanks for your help.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
you can either put them in two separate ads...or use the floating week option and list in the description that its two consecutive weeks.

or any combination of the two.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
200 ads......see how long it takes to get to 5000

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
most excellent...nearly 300 new ads posted in the past few days!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
350 and counting! I know there are more of you who want to post free ads =)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
up to nearly 400 now...and just got confirmation a short while ago that we had our first ad actually rented through the site!

It rented in less than 24 hours! =)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
It has come to my attention that some of you cant see the link in the very first post that mentions the free classified ads....this is probably due to the same issue we had before regarding the word "Ad" or "Ads" in a link and some of you having software installed on your computer that hides links, pictures, ads, popups, etc that the software feels is something you dont want to see.

obviously in this case...it IS something you want to see...so we have a few solutions.

1. within your web browser add the following sites to your trusted sites list:

tug2.net
tug2.com
tugbbs.com

this link shows you how to do this:

http://surfthenetsafely.com/ieseczone7.htm

hopefully this will bypass your internet security software and let the links be displayed.

2. ill have to rename the file so it doesnt contain the word ads so you guys can read it.

or

3. cut and paste this link into your browser

www.tug2.net/timeshare_classified_ads/timeshare_classified_ads_for_free.htm

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
450 and counting!

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
2. ill have to rename the file so it doesnt contain the word ads so you guys can read it.

I think we should just bite the bullet and rename everything NOW before more people get the pages bookmarked ....

How about just changing "..classified_ads" to "..classifieds" in both places?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
thankfully thats just the page name for the "explanation" of the new ad program

the new classified ad homepage (ill start pointing all links there) wont contain the word ad.

Should have that up and running by the weekend.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

Fredm

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just received an email that someone has left a message regarding one of my listings.

I cannot log in using the link provided, and when I do log in as usual do not see a message. help!

FredM

Fredm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry. I found it.

Another problem , though.
When responding by clicking name of sender, email address is an invalid one. No
.com, .net .etc.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
when you recieved the email notifying you of the message...did it have the full domain name in it?

ie it said jsmith@comcast.net sent you a message about xyz resort?

or was it missing the .com/.net there too?