• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

shorts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Points
Morritts Tortuga Club (9 wks) Grand Cayman
Thanks Brian ... I was able to get my ads posted. :whoopie:
Really like the look of the new ads!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks...glad you all enjoy them so much!

Bill4728

Reaction score
Brian,

I know I should have pointed this out earlier but is it possible to change the order of the columns?

I think the column which says "view ad" should be first or second. It just isn't clear that you should click the view ad box in the last column.

TIA

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
hrm...thats a pretty significant change in terms of coding...im not sure if we can change it now...will have to see.

Bill4728

Reaction score
How about "Click for Full Ad" ? (or something like that)

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I really like the way the old classified ads are accessed as well as the look of the old ads. It's easy to go to a specific area, and then the ads are easy to sort by week, price, name, etc.

The entry method for the new ones is easy and works great. I also like being able to put in more text. It's the outcome I'm not so sure about. One thing I don't like about the "look" is the little icons - the colors are distracting and it looks cluttered.

Are you going to have sorting ability as the old classified system does?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
could you elaborate on your feedback and give an example so I can fully understand the issue?

you can easily sort through the new ads the same way you did in the old ads by selecting the "area" you wish to look at.

The 2nd drop down box is labeled "area" (perhaps we can change this to resort area or something more aptly named)

anyway...each selection in that dropdown box reflects a resort area within TUG...these are how the resorts are broken down inside the TUG database...and correspond with the grid in the old ad program.

ie if you want to view all resorts in hawaii, simply click the dropdown box and select hawaii. and if you select no other options and click submit...it will show you each and every ad for sale, for rent or for exchange in hawaii.

for example:

Hawaii Timeshare classified ads

this link will display all ads in hawaii (at the time i posted this there are 2)

same as if you were to click on "hawaii" in the old classified ad program.

you dont actually have to fill out ANY of the boxes in the search field...each and every one of them are optional. just clicking submit will return every ad posted in that system. Selecting the different fields only narrows down your search results.

hope this clears things up.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Hi there..
We posted an add yesterday with a different email address just in case and we arent sure where to look for it. Is it in the regular classified ?

Thanks
Bill

urban5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Cancun
Non-member access

Brian do you plan on having a link directly to the new search page for non-members on the TUG home page. Current link on home page takes you to your original sticky post, then you have to scroll down to find link to search feature. I would suggest a button link on home page for members only and another one for non-members, or one link that takes both to the members pages with a link for non-members to access the search function. Overall great new tool works quite well.

Bob

Keitht

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
A small point, but when viewing the ad via the View Ad link, there is the option to Open Review Page. As this is only available to members could/should (Members Only) be added. It could have the double benefit of indicating a membership benefit whilst avoiding the frustration for non members of clicking an effectively blind link.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi there..
We posted an add yesterday with a different email address just in case and we arent sure where to look for it. Is it in the regular classified ?

Thanks
Bill

nosir...this new ad program is linked directly with the membership/ratings reviews database and is not a part of the old program

the only way to view it for now would be to go through the "ad search" link on the members only login page.

however as it looks fine for now...it wont be long before we change all the links to point to the new system vs the old.

Ive already put an announcement at the top of the old system redirecting people to the new one.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Brian do you plan on having a link directly to the new search page for non-members on the TUG home page. Current link on home page takes you to your original sticky post, then you have to scroll down to find link to search feature. I would suggest a button link on home page for members only and another one for non-members, or one link that takes both to the members pages with a link for non-members to access the search function. Overall great new tool works quite well.

Bob

What we will do when we get the last bit of feedback sorted out...is point all links that currently say "classified ads" in the red bars and such...to the new ad program.

I will likely make up a nice "landing page" that will have bigoll buttons and explanations on it as the new classified ad homepage.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
A small point, but when viewing the ad via the View Ad link, there is the option to Open Review Page. As this is only available to members could/should (Members Only) be added. It could have the double benefit of indicating a membership benefit whilst avoiding the frustration for non members of clicking an effectively blind link.

thats a great idea!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
This is coming along fabulously! I WANT MORE ADS!

tell your friends, post it up everywhere! UNLIMITED FREE CLASSIFIED ADS FOR MEMBERS!

if these companies can get thousands of people to pay hundreds of dollars to list...its because they dont know about TUG!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
In response to a few questions and emails...how about this.

What if we made a "copy" of the old ad system homepage....for the new ad system?

ie it would have the same grid format etc..allowing you to quickly browse each section?

would that be acceptable? Is there anything about the old ad homepage that you all would like to see changed?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
30+ "guests" viewing thread...HI! WELCOME TO TUG! join up and get free ads! :wave:

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Am I missing something? How do I find the ads for $25 or less? Is that distress section gone?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Am I missing something? How do I find the ads for $25 or less? Is that distress section gone?

er...that was part of the old classified ad program integrated with the BBS...but I dont see any reason you cant search for ads at that price or lower in the new ad program.

this search is for all timeshares under 500 dollars...ill see if we can add a $25 denomination in the search list to create what we once had:

http://tug2.com/Ads/ClassifiedSearc...roomsMin=&BathroomsMax=&SleepsMin=&SleepsMax=

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You don't have to make changes because of me. I did go back and search low prices so probably saw what would have been on the old spot. I didn't know if you were keeping that distress site, since it was heralded when it started. But the new way is just fine.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ah..its no problem...its actually a good idea to replicate the old site "home" in the new site as people are familiar with it.

We will get that page up here shortly...and before we move over to the new system 100% itll have its own page that looks like the current ads home!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
just a note to add.

DO NOT PLACE ADS IN THE LEGACY CLASSIFIED AD SECTION UNLESS YOU WANT TO PAY THE AD FEE!

ads there are not free...as we hope noone will post new ads there as we have to shut off that section after the ads expire.

the only unlimited free ads are in the NEW ad section as listed above.

thanks =)