• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ok folks...its been a long time coming but we have now arrived!

Now available for public use is the latest and greatest Timeshare Classified ad program provided to you FREE by TUG!

First and foremost to use this new program to post for sale, for rent or for exchange ads, YOU MUST BE A TUG MEMBER TO POST ADS! If you arent one you can join instantly here: http://tug2.com/jointug

you do not however have to be a TUG member to search the ads...as they will be open to the public as will the robust search tool!

THIS IS NOW THE NEW OFFICIAL TUG TIMESHARE MARKETPLACE HOMEPAGE!

http://tug2.com/timesharemarketplace/

this is open to the public and will be available for any and all to use to greatly improve the ability to find a timeshare you want for sale, for rent or for exchange!

ALL ADS IN THE MARKETPLACE ARE 100% FREE for individual members! (brokers are subject to the $3 per ad fee!)

post for sale ads, post for rent ads, post for exchange ads, post want to buy/want to rent ads (now called buy and rent wish ads)...ZERO COST!

please note the following things.

1. we designed this ad program with the main focus of removing your email address from internet view. Anyone can still contact you directly through the ad and dont have to join TUG to do so...but there will be no more farming of email addresses from TUG ads!

2. all ads are 100% free until further notice...so do not worry about paying a thign in this new ad program. (ads will remain free for members, brokers will eventually pay a fee to post ads)

3. the Existing TUG classified ad program will remain online until we have "stress tested" this new one and give it a clean bill of health. Once that is done we will shut off the ability to post new ads in the old program and allow all existing ads to expire normally (everyone will get their 3months paid)

4. Once we move to this program fulltime we will shut off the old classified ad program completely and this will become the TUG classified ad program (although I may still keep the bbs ads running...we can vote on it later)

5. any and all questions about the ad program need to go to TUG@TUG2.NET or get posted here in this thread (preferrably). The admins and moderators have zero ability to troubleshoot this new program so please do not ask them about it...I will take care of you =)

6. any and all feedback is always welcome and could find its way into enhancements and future changes (there is at least one more phase to this ad program coming...and that will make even what we have now look like childs play). Please either email me directly or post it here!

7. New ads posted still require approval of course, so do not be discouraged if you dont see your ad instantly. Ill be here most of the night babysitting though so it shouldnt take long

8. Ads will still expire in 3 months...but can be renewed for free by you with a simple click of a mouse. Your ad will always remain in your "my tug" screen until you delete it! hopefully this will be a favorite of those of you yearly ad posters of the same resorts!

I hope you all enjoy!

here are some quick instructions for those having issues with posting ads!

http://tug2.net/timesharemarketplace/TimeshareMarketplaceInstructions.html

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
one more thing I would like to point out....since you can post as many ads as you wish...you are more than welcome to post multiple ads in different sections for the same product if you like.

ie for you points people with a specific home resort week etc...post both the points for sale...and the fixed week...two separate ads...likely to double your chances of finding a buyer through searching etc etc.

again...all ads are free...so post as many and as often as you like!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Thanks to the staff at TUG for all the hard work on this. I will use it! Another great benefit from TUG.

Brian, you are doing your dad proud, you ol' sack of walnuts. :D

bigeyes1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
What perfect timing!!! My TUG ad just ran out and this is just perfect. I have already placed my first ad!! Thanks so much. This is wonderful news.

Thanks so much for all the hard work!!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
you are most welcome...give me a bit to brush up a few more things and since you were the first...ill post a link to your ad here so people can see it =)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
and for those of you who ARENT TUG members...you can join here for $15 dollars and have access to posting an unlimited amount of timeshare classified ads!

http://tug2.com/jointug

bigeyes1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yep...2nd ad approved and shows up just fine in the search...definately a glitch with the start date using the fri/sat/sun option...will get it worked out here shortly.

bigeyes1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay. I've got a question. I did receive an email stating that I have a message waiting for me regarding my timeshare that's for sale. So, I went and viewed the msg. But how do I respond to it? Do I simply click on the username under the Sender Data?

Thanks in advance.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
it was me who sent the message to test...so if all worked as it should...you should have gotten an email saying "tug" is interested in your for sale ad...or something of that nature.

you can view the message by going back into the my tug screen in the "ads youve placed" section and it will show both your ads.

the one you have a message for will show up in the "msgs" colum hilighted in bold yellow. you can click on it to view the message.

(we chose to include the email address of the interested party in the direct email sent to you so at worst case you can contact them directly if we ever lose messages or the database etc)

bigeyes1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh, I knew the msg was from you. I just wanted to know how I could respond to the msgs when I viewed them online.

Thanks.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
sorry for that little glitch...was updating the fix for the glitch and it hung up.

everything is all better now...and your ad now shows up in the search results!

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just placed an ad - what a quick, easy, clear, and utterly brainless set-up! Yay!

Free ads are of course also nice, but what's TUG going to do to replace that income?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I always want to work to provide TUG members with more value for their membership. We hope that providing THE place to post and view Timeshare Classified ads and a better Direct Exchange system...that the membership will grow to a point where it will make up for the lost ad revenue.

and of course we will expect all of you to be so blown away by the spectacular new free ad program that you will become our best advertising ever and drive millions of new members to TUG!

Last edited:

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks very much! I hope lots of people post ads, since that will encourage more people to look at the ads as well!

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
A quick question: The form asked for my email address, but my email address will NOT be displayed, correct?

If my email gets displayed, I will use a different email address for the listing, rather than my main email address.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
A quick question: The form asked for my email address, but my email address will NOT be displayed, correct?

If my email gets displayed, I will use a different email address for the listing, rather than my main email address.

Yep! From Brian's post:

1. we designed this ad program with the main focus of removing your email address from internet view. Anyone can still contact you directly through the ad and dont have to join TUG to do so...but there will be no more farming of email addresses from TUG ads!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ok...just got back in...was a late night =) approved all ads from this morning...some of you were busy!

Looks like denise answered your question but I will elaborate.

Yes you have to provide an email address in the ad...but anyone viewing the ad will never be able to see that email address. The phone number is a different story.

When you click "contact this person about the ad" a box will pop up asking for the interested partys information and give him/her the ability to type a message to you.

nowhere on this box will someone be able to see your name or email address. However your phone number will appear there if you chose to type it in. This was chosen for people that may or may not be fluent in email and prefer to just call.

So if you dont want ANY information public about the ad...dont put in a phone number. its optional.

When the user sends you a message...you will get 2 items.

1. An instant email from us telling you that someone is interested in your ad (and will give you the ad name so you know which one) and it will provide the interested partys email address (just in case you cant get to the actual message for whatever reason)

2. you will see a note in the tug member only section that says "you have X new messages about your ads" in red print in the classified ad row.

you simply need to click on the "ads youve placed" link to view all your ads and you will see a column in there for "messages" as they are split up for each individual ad you have.

I have it on the fix list to make the "you have X new messages" a clickable link to the ads youve placed screen since even I felt like clicking on it after reading it.

obviously this will not prevent spammers completely...because they can still go in and click "contact member" and send you notes that way. The only way to do that would be to have zero contact information anywhere...and then how would someone contact you about the ad...kinda defeats the purpose =)

but it is going to wipe out the ability for automatic spammers to harvest your email addresses in bulk off the tug ad pages!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
delete

Last edited:

shorts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Points
Morritts Tortuga Club (9 wks) Grand Cayman
Resort search

Just tried to place an ad, but the resorts where I have rentals did not show up in the search. How do I get past this point in the ad placement? Is there a way to add resorts?

Thanks ...

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
every resort should be in the database...which resorts are you trying to post a rental for?

did you try using only a part of the word? ie "disney old key west resort" could be found using "disney" or "key west" or even just "dis" although the latter would return any resort with the 3 letters dis in the name.

shorts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Points
Morritts Tortuga Club (9 wks) Grand Cayman
Just went back to the ad section and discovered that many of the Wyndham resorts are still listed as FAIRFIELD instead of Wyndham. This may confuse people when they are doing a search. Shouldn't these all be switched over to the Wyndham name?

Just a suggestion ....

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
all that needs to be done manually and are done on a case by case basis by the review manager for that section.

some have been switched...some havent...this also impacts the name as shown on the review. What we have been doing is making the new name

Wyndham yadda yadda village (previously known as fairfield yadda yadda village) so that regardless of what you search for the resort will come up.

If the need should arise you can do one of two things:

1. go find the review page for the resort and click the "contact review manager" link to send a note directly to the review manager with your suggestion.

2. if its a resort thats truly missing...send me an email and ill add it.

3. you can post an "for sale - other" ad with the name of the resort in the description.

or any combination of the above!